- In the News
In response to the passage of Ohio House Bill 523, Dickinson Wright PLLC will sponsor and host the inaugural Ohio Cannabis Industry Conference on Thursday, July 7, 2016 at the Renaissance Hotel in Columbus. The conference will educate business people interested in learning about this industry and understanding the implications of House Bill 523.
“Dickinson Wright has been at the forefront of this emerging industry working with entrepreneurs, businesses and policy makers to help them navigate the legal issues surrounding the medicinal marijuana industry,” said Scot Crow, Practice Department Manager for the firm’s Corporate Practice Groups. “We are excited that Senator Bill Coley will be joining us to discuss House Bill 523 and its implications for the state of Ohio and its citizens. We anticipate that this event will be the start of a series of seminars addressing House Bill 523 with a lively and informative discussion for our participants.”
Giving the keynote address at the Ohio Cannabis Industry Conference will be Ohio State Senator Bill Coley. Also speaking will be Peter Kadens, Ohio native, and CEO and co-founder of GTI Investments; Andy Joseph, president of Apeks Supercritical; and Taylor West, deputy director of the National Cannabis Industry Association. Topics that will be discussed during the conference include a legal primer on cannabis law and an industry panel focusing on the business perspective of the cannabis industry. Below are the event details:
Ohio Cannabis Industry Conference
Date: Thursday, July 7, 2016
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Location: The Renaissance Hotel, 50 N. 3rd Street, Columbus, OH 43215
To learn more about this free conference or to register, please click here.
If you are interested in learning more about House Bill 523 and what it means for Ohio, please click here to read an informative article by Dickinson Wright.
- May 30, 2019 Webinars Global Chamber USMCA/NAFTA Update: Shifting Issues & Challenges Webinar
- May 22, 2019 Webinars Top 10 Corporate Immigration Compliance Risks Webinar
- May 22, 2019 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Listed in the 2019 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory
- May 21, 2019 Seminars Dickinson Wright to Host "Business in the Borderplex" Event in El Paso
- May 21, 2019 In the News Benton Bodamer Selected as a "40 Under 40" Honoree by Columbus Business First
- May 21, 2019 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Attorneys Listed as 2019 IP Stars
- May 17, 2019 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 12, Number 3
- May 2019 Industry Alerts The Disconnect Between Implementation of V2V Communication and the V2V Technology Employed to Achieve It
- May 16, 2019 In the News Jacqueline Lu Joins Dickinson Wright's Austin Office