Dickinson Wright to Sponsor the Inaugural Ohio Cannabis Industry Conference
- In the News
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
In response to the passage of Ohio House Bill 523, Dickinson Wright PLLC will sponsor and host the inaugural Ohio Cannabis Industry Conference on Thursday, July 7, 2016 at the Renaissance Hotel in Columbus. The conference will educate business people interested in learning about this industry and understanding the implications of House Bill 523.
“Dickinson Wright has been at the forefront of this emerging industry working with entrepreneurs, businesses and policy makers to help them navigate the legal issues surrounding the medicinal marijuana industry,” said Scot Crow, Practice Department Manager for the firm’s Corporate Practice Groups. “We are excited that Senator Bill Coley will be joining us to discuss House Bill 523 and its implications for the state of Ohio and its citizens. We anticipate that this event will be the start of a series of seminars addressing House Bill 523 with a lively and informative discussion for our participants.”
Giving the keynote address at the Ohio Cannabis Industry Conference will be Ohio State Senator Bill Coley. Also speaking will be Peter Kadens, Ohio native, and CEO and co-founder of GTI Investments; Andy Joseph, president of Apeks Supercritical; and Taylor West, deputy director of the National Cannabis Industry Association. Topics that will be discussed during the conference include a legal primer on cannabis law and an industry panel focusing on the business perspective of the cannabis industry. Below are the event details:
Ohio Cannabis Industry Conference
Date: Thursday, July 7, 2016
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Location: The Renaissance Hotel, 50 N. 3rd Street, Columbus, OH 43215
To learn more about this free conference or to register, please click here.
If you are interested in learning more about House Bill 523 and what it means for Ohio, please click here to read an informative article by Dickinson Wright.
- June 1, 2023 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2023 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- May 31, 2023 Media Mentions Christy McDonald was recently named to Crain's Grand Rapids Business 2023 Notable Leaders in DEI list
- May 30, 2023 Media Mentions Benjamin Sobczak has been quoted in an article by the Detroit Free Press, “More Michigan marijuana companies expected to come under receivership control.”
- May 25, 2023 In the News David Coscarella Joins Dickinson Wright LLP
- May 2023 Industry Alerts Framework of Dodd-Frank Act "Clawback" Policy (Finally) Coming into Focus
- May 2023 Industry Alerts 更新情報：Form I-9のリモートフレキシビリティ制度が2023年7月31日に終了／対面での審査を8月30日までに実施する必要－その理由は？
- May 24, 2023 In the News Flavia Campbell Named to Latino Leaders Rising Stars 2023 List
- May 19, 2023 In the News Kathleen Campbell Walker Named to the 2023 Lawdragon 100 Leading Immigration Lawyers Guide
- May 17, 2023 In the News Daniel Waldman recently authored in Real Estate EXchange (RENX), "Commercial Landlord Alert! Tenants hurt by shutdowns may be entitled to rent-free extensions.”