- In the News
In response to the passage of Ohio House Bill 523, Dickinson Wright PLLC will sponsor and host the inaugural Ohio Cannabis Industry Conference on Thursday, July 7, 2016 at the Renaissance Hotel in Columbus. The conference will educate business people interested in learning about this industry and understanding the implications of House Bill 523.
“Dickinson Wright has been at the forefront of this emerging industry working with entrepreneurs, businesses and policy makers to help them navigate the legal issues surrounding the medicinal marijuana industry,” said Scot Crow, Practice Department Manager for the firm’s Corporate Practice Groups. “We are excited that Senator Bill Coley will be joining us to discuss House Bill 523 and its implications for the state of Ohio and its citizens. We anticipate that this event will be the start of a series of seminars addressing House Bill 523 with a lively and informative discussion for our participants.”
Giving the keynote address at the Ohio Cannabis Industry Conference will be Ohio State Senator Bill Coley. Also speaking will be Peter Kadens, Ohio native, and CEO and co-founder of GTI Investments; Andy Joseph, president of Apeks Supercritical; and Taylor West, deputy director of the National Cannabis Industry Association. Topics that will be discussed during the conference include a legal primer on cannabis law and an industry panel focusing on the business perspective of the cannabis industry. Below are the event details:
Ohio Cannabis Industry Conference
Date: Thursday, July 7, 2016
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Location: The Renaissance Hotel, 50 N. 3rd Street, Columbus, OH 43215
To learn more about this free conference or to register, please click here.
If you are interested in learning more about House Bill 523 and what it means for Ohio, please click here to read an informative article by Dickinson Wright.
- September 24, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked Number Two in Midwest Real Estate News “Best of the Best”
- September 23, 2020 Webinars Political and Policy Advocacy for 501[c](4) Organizations in Kentucky
- September 23, 2020 Industry Alerts DW China Trade Update (35th Edition) | 迪克森律所中国团队简报 (第三十五期)
- September 23, 2020 Blogs 特急の審査が必要な雇用主・従業員のためのプレミアム・プロセスが今月再開します。| Premium Processing Resumes This Month for Desperate Employers and Their Employees
- September 2020 Blogs 米国移民局の予算危機と米国移民制度への潜在的影響 | The USCIS Budget Crisis and Its Potential Impact on the U.S. Immigration System
- September 18, 2020 In the News Fifty-Two Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2020 Michigan Super Lawyers, Twenty-Five Named Rising Stars
- September 18, 2020 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named to Michigan Super Lawyers 2020 Top Lists
- September 16, 2020 Industry Alerts WTO Ruling Finds U.S. in Violation of International Regulations by Imposing Section 301 Tariffs on Chinese Imports | 世贸组织裁决美国对华征收301条款关税违反国际法规
- September 15, 2020 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in the 2021 Edition of Chambers Canada