- Johnsen , Carolyn J.
- In the News
Responding to the critical business and legal issues facing the ever-changing health care industry, Dickinson Wright PLLC launched a Distressed Health Care Restructuring Group (DHR Group) which combines a comprehensive, national legal team and the strategic and financial advisors at Crux Strategies™.
“We believe virtually every participant in the health-care industry – hospitals, physicians, home health, senior living, pharmaceutical distributors and labs—is affected by increasing compliance issues, changes in reimbursement rates, uncertainty with the Affordable Care Act, and a general shift in the way health care is delivered,” said Carolyn Johnsen, partner in Dickinson Wright’s Phoenix office who spearheaded the group’s formation. “The DHR Group collaborates with Crux to bring clients immediate and comprehensive business and financial data analysis that is the heart of decision making for every health care-related business.”
The DHR Group includes seven attorneys located in six different offices throughout the nation practicing in the areas of health care, restructuring, insolvency and bankruptcy, finance, real estate, regulatory, litigation and tax. These lawyers have extensive experience in healthcare turnarounds and restructurings, bankruptcy sales, mergers and acquisitions, health care related lending, issues related to leases, real estate and all related regulatory and compliance matters including government relations.
Dickinson Wright clients will have access to Crux Strategies™ Aurum™ database, built on over 30 million claims, that contains the financial metrics for every US hospital as well as ambulatory surgery centers, specialty physician practices and post-acute care facilities. By using the Aurum™ database as a foundation for data driven analysis of untapped capital and the experience of Crux's staff, clients facing financial challenges can chart a course back to financial viability.
“Since the passage of the Affordable Care Act in 2010, healthcare providers such as hospitals, ASCs and skilled nursing facilities have been under increasing pressure to change their business models to conform to the new realities of doing business,” says C. Timothy Gary, Chief Executive Officer of Crux Strategies. “Many troubled healthcare companies need to reorganize, gain access to new capital sources, improve operations and shed old obligations that they can no longer support. At the same time, the reality is that they lack the capital to make these changes. Through our collaboration, Dickinson Wright and Crux Strategies will bring data, analytics, new capital sources and investors to the table and solve this issue in a single, one stop service.
To learn more, visit our website.
- June 20, 2019 Media Mentions Autumn Gentry Quoted in HealthcareDive on CVS Executive's Move to PillPack
- May 08, 2019 Media Mentions Client Alert on HIPAA Coverage in Wellness Apps Authored by Sara Jodka Quoted by SHRM.org
- April 5, 2019 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted in Bloomberg Article on Health Data Privacy Laws
- 2019 Media Mentions Tim Gary Quoted in RADAR on Medicare Advantage Discussing Highmark Inc. Dispute
- March 20, 2019 Articles Highlights from Wit v. United Behavioral Health
- March 13, 2019 Media Mentions Tim Gary Quoted in Medical Economics Article on Healthcare Policy in 2019
- February 18, 2019 Media Mentions K. Lance Anderson and Brian Mangum Interviewed by Modern Healthcare for Article on Blockchain in the Healthcare Industry
- February 13, 2019 Media Mentions Gregory Moore Quoted in Crain's Detroit Business Article on Michigan's Mental Health Code
- February 12, 2019 Media Mentions Tim Gary Quoted in Accountable Care News "Thoughts Leaders' Corner"