- Jodka, Sara H.
- Media Mentions
Sara Jodka (Of Counsel, Columbus) and Benjamin Sobczak (Member, Troy) were recently quoted in the article, “Marijuana legalization – what it means for employers,” for Crain’s Detroit Business. The article discusses the passage of Proposal 1 legalizing recreational pot use, purchase and possession for people 21 and older, and how that may affect the workplace.
Sara stated that "Most [employers in states with legal recreational pot] are stepping back and waiting to see how it plays out. A lot of employers thought employees would be coming to work with the giggles and the munchies. That hasn't happened."
Ben discussed the imprecise nature of marijuana testing and gray area for violating workplace drug policies. “A breathalyzer shows you're drunk right then and there," Sobczak said. "If you smoke pot on Saturday and go to work Monday and are not stoned at all, you're still going to ping a drug test for up to four weeks."
- February 23, 2021 Media Mentions Scot Crow Interviewed on Elevate Your Grind Podcast
- December 3, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Represents AltMed in Deal with Verano to Combine Operations
- September 2, 2020 In the News Timothy McCulloch Named to National Law Journal’s 2020 Cannabis Law Trailblazers List
- July 30, 2020 Media Mentions Lloyd Pierre-Louis, Daniel Briggs, and Benton Bodamer Publish Article in Cannabis Business Times
- April 2020 Industry Alerts Province Releases Updated List of “Essential” Workplaces, Directing Additional Closures and Restrictions During COVID-19 State of Emergency
- March 2020 Media Mentions Scot Crow Speaks with Benzinga on Effectiveness of Cannabis Company Restructuring Efforts
- February 2020 Media Mentions Scot Crow Quoted in Smart Business Dealmakers on Ohio Medical Marijuana Investments
- February 2020 Media Mentions Benton Bodamer Quoted by Bloomberg Law on State-Backed Cannabis Union “Peace” Deals
- January 10, 2020 Media Mentions Benton Bodamer and Scot Crow Quoted by InvestorPlace on Aurora Cannabis Stock Fall