- Jodka, Sara H.
- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Sara Jodka (Of Counsel, Columbus) and Benjamin Sobczak (Member, Troy) were recently quoted in the article, “Marijuana legalization – what it means for employers,” for Crain’s Detroit Business. The article discusses the passage of Proposal 1 legalizing recreational pot use, purchase and possession for people 21 and older, and how that may affect the workplace.
Sara stated that "Most [employers in states with legal recreational pot] are stepping back and waiting to see how it plays out. A lot of employers thought employees would be coming to work with the giggles and the munchies. That hasn't happened."
Ben discussed the imprecise nature of marijuana testing and gray area for violating workplace drug policies. “A breathalyzer shows you're drunk right then and there," Sobczak said. "If you smoke pot on Saturday and go to work Monday and are not stoned at all, you're still going to ping a drug test for up to four weeks."
- June 14, 2022 In the News Seven Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Nevada Business's Top Ranked Attorneys 2022
- June 13, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Recognized in Legal 500 United States 2022 Edition
- June 1, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2022 Chambers USA Guide; 42 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- April 11, 2022 In the News Elliot Vilders Joins Dickinson Wright Troy Office as a Member
- January 28, 2022 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named to 2022 Illinois Super Lawyers, Two Named Rising Stars
- December 16-17, 2021 Speaking Engagements Dickinson Wright Attorneys to Present at NCIA CannaVest West
- September 20, 2021 Industry Alerts Michigan's Marihuana Regulatory Agency Currently Reviewing New Rules
- August 18, 2021 Industry Alerts High Risks Remain If Operating Cannabis Business Outside Strict State Law
- July 16, 2021 In the News Twelve Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Mountain State Super Lawyers