- Craft, Jennifer Ko.
- Media Mentions
Want to get our alerts?
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Jennifer Ko Craft (Member, Las Vegas) was recently quoted in The Hollywood Reporter’s article, “Instagram Sharing Rights At Center of Photographer's Legal Battle.” This article discusses a recent social media dispute between Volvo and a professional photographer and model who are suing the auto giant for alleged copyright infringement. Jennifer, whose clients include the Kardashian-Jenner family and Sylvester Stallone, says that while many pundits are focusing on the copyright implications, it’s Sumida’s publicity and false association claims that get “really sticky and interesting.” She adds: “Are they making consumers believe there is an endorsement or promotion or sponsorship by the model of the Volvo brand? To me, yeah. It does look like an advertising campaign.” While each case is fact-specific, and Ko Craft isn’t necessarily worried about a chilling effect if Volvo succeeds on its motion, she is watching the matter closely. “I’m looking at it from talent’s perspective to see how this affects my clients,” she says. “Anyone who uses this platform should be mindful of what’s going on.” To read more, click here.
- July 29, 2021 In the News Jennifer Ko Craft Named to Managing IP’s 2021 Top 250 Women in IP List
- July 19, 2021 Media Mentions Dickinson Wright Featured in Law360 on New IP Lawyers
- July 15, 2021 In the News Jennifer Ko Craft Named to The American Lawyer’s 2021 West Trailblazers List
- July 8, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in the 2021 Edition of the IAM Patent 1000
- July 6, 2021 In the News Christopher Hanba and Joshua Jones Join Dickinson Wright Austin Office
- July 1, 2021 In the News Ten Dickinson Wright Attorneys Listed as 2021 IP Stars
- June 28, 2021 Industry Alerts United States V. Arthrex: Inter Partes Review Decisions Now Reviewable by the PTO Director
- June 25, 2021 In the News Andrew Dorisio and Nick Coleman Bring Their Patent, Trademark and Copyright Practice to Dickinson Wright’s Kentucky Office
- June 25, 2021 In the News Mark Jotanovic, Michael MacCallum and Ao Li Join Dickinson Wright Troy Office