- Craft, Jennifer Ko.
- Media Mentions
Want to get our alerts?
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Jennifer Ko Craft (Member, Las Vegas) was recently quoted in The Hollywood Reporter’s article, “Instagram Sharing Rights At Center of Photographer's Legal Battle.” This article discusses a recent social media dispute between Volvo and a professional photographer and model who are suing the auto giant for alleged copyright infringement. Jennifer, whose clients include the Kardashian-Jenner family and Sylvester Stallone, says that while many pundits are focusing on the copyright implications, it’s Sumida’s publicity and false association claims that get “really sticky and interesting.” She adds: “Are they making consumers believe there is an endorsement or promotion or sponsorship by the model of the Volvo brand? To me, yeah. It does look like an advertising campaign.” While each case is fact-specific, and Ko Craft isn’t necessarily worried about a chilling effect if Volvo succeeds on its motion, she is watching the matter closely. “I’m looking at it from talent’s perspective to see how this affects my clients,” she says. “Anyone who uses this platform should be mindful of what’s going on.” To read more, click here.
- December 15, 2022 Webinars Two New Tools to Enforce and Defend Your Company’s Trademark Rights
- December 7, 2022 Webinars Unitary Patent and Unified Patent Court -- Let's Explore the New European Patent Universe
- September 26, 2022 Industry Alerts TTAB's Precedential Opinion in In re County of Orange Affirms Refusal of Registering Orange County's Unofficial Insignia
- September 23, 2022 In the News Caleb Green Recognized by the Washington Bar Association and National Bar Association as a 2022 Power 100 Honoree
- September 23, 2022 In the News Seven Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2022 Texas Super Lawyers
- August 25, 2022 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Lawyers Ranked in Best Lawyers in Canada® 2023 Edition
- August 23, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Obtains $28 Million Settlement for Singapore Client
- August 2022 Industry Alerts Coming to Canadian Patents on October 3, 2022: Excess Claims and Continued Examination Fees
- July 12, 2022 In the News Eight Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2022 Mountain State Super Lawyers