Dickinson Wright Attorneys Terry Donnelly (Member, Troy), Paul Wyzgoski (Member, Troy), Bryan Williams (Member, Troy) and Peter Kulick (Member, Lansing) served as bond counsel to the Great Lakes Water Authority in connection with the issuance of bonds by the Authority in the amount of $1.35 billion to refinance existing indebtedness for the Authority’s sewage disposal and water supply systems and to finance new water supply system facilities. The transaction closed on October 27th and as a result of the refinancing of the existing indebtedness, the Authority’s sewer and water customers in southeastern Michigan will realize cash flow savings of approximately $309 million over the next 20 years. Dickinson Wright was instrumental in the formation of the Authority, having represented the Authority in connection with the drafting and negotiation of two separate 40-year leases with the City of Detroit pursuant to which the City leased the regional assets of the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department’s sewage disposal system and water supply system to the Authority. The leases became effective on January 1st of this year, and the bonds were the
first public offering of Authority debt.
- February 3, 2021 Webinars It's Not too Late to Ask for Help: Options for Owners as the Pandemic (Hopefully) Winds Down
- February 2, 2021 Webinars CUSBA Presents 9th Annual Cross-Border Economic Forecast
- January 27, 2021 In the News Ned Levitt Presents at Canada Franchise Association's "Virtual Franchise Canada Show Toronto"
- January 26, 2021 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Publishes Article on Employer COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements in Healthcare Michigan
- January 26, 2021 Industry Alerts Nevada Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Dickinson Wright Client, Applying the “Savings Clause” in Enforcing Non-Competition Agreements
- January 25, 2021 Industry Alerts An Exception to the Rule: New Provisions Regarding Where Personal Property Is To Be Assessed This Tax Season in Michigan
- January 22, 2021 Media Mentions Jeffrey Silver, Gregory Gemignani, and Patrick Sullivan Quoted on Biden Administration Predictions
- January 21, 2021 Webinars Back to the Future: Biden’s Plans for Environmental Regulation and How it Affects Your Business
- January 20, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Assists Molded Devices Inc. in its acquisition of Phoenix Manufacturing Ltd.