Dickinson Wright Attorneys Served as Bond Counsel for the Great Lakes Water Authority
- Kulick, Peter J.
- In the News
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Dickinson Wright Attorneys Terry Donnelly (Member, Troy), Paul Wyzgoski (Member, Troy), Bryan Williams (Member, Troy) and Peter Kulick (Member, Lansing) served as bond counsel to the Great Lakes Water Authority in connection with the issuance of bonds by the Authority in the amount of $1.35 billion to refinance existing indebtedness for the Authority’s sewage disposal and water supply systems and to finance new water supply system facilities. The transaction closed on October 27th and as a result of the refinancing of the existing indebtedness, the Authority’s sewer and water customers in southeastern Michigan will realize cash flow savings of approximately $309 million over the next 20 years. Dickinson Wright was instrumental in the formation of the Authority, having represented the Authority in connection with the drafting and negotiation of two separate 40-year leases with the City of Detroit pursuant to which the City leased the regional assets of the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department’s sewage disposal system and water supply system to the Authority. The leases became effective on January 1st of this year, and the bonds were the
first public offering of Authority debt.
- June 1, 2023 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2023 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- May 31, 2023 Media Mentions Christy McDonald was recently named to Crain's Grand Rapids Business 2023 Notable Leaders in DEI list
- May 30, 2023 Media Mentions Benjamin Sobczak has been quoted in an article by the Detroit Free Press, “More Michigan marijuana companies expected to come under receivership control.”
- May 25, 2023 In the News David Coscarella Joins Dickinson Wright LLP
- May 2023 Industry Alerts Framework of Dodd-Frank Act "Clawback" Policy (Finally) Coming into Focus
- May 2023 Industry Alerts 更新情報：Form I-9のリモートフレキシビリティ制度が2023年7月31日に終了／対面での審査を8月30日までに実施する必要－その理由は？
- May 24, 2023 In the News Flavia Campbell Named to Latino Leaders Rising Stars 2023 List
- May 19, 2023 In the News Kathleen Campbell Walker Named to the 2023 Lawdragon 100 Leading Immigration Lawyers Guide
- May 17, 2023 In the News Daniel Waldman recently authored in Real Estate EXchange (RENX), "Commercial Landlord Alert! Tenants hurt by shutdowns may be entitled to rent-free extensions.”