Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Dickinson Wright Attorneys Terry Donnelly (Member, Troy), Paul Wyzgoski (Member, Troy), Bryan Williams (Member, Troy) and Peter Kulick (Member, Lansing) served as bond counsel to the Great Lakes Water Authority in connection with the issuance of bonds by the Authority in the amount of $1.35 billion to refinance existing indebtedness for the Authority’s sewage disposal and water supply systems and to finance new water supply system facilities. The transaction closed on October 27th and as a result of the refinancing of the existing indebtedness, the Authority’s sewer and water customers in southeastern Michigan will realize cash flow savings of approximately $309 million over the next 20 years. Dickinson Wright was instrumental in the formation of the Authority, having represented the Authority in connection with the drafting and negotiation of two separate 40-year leases with the City of Detroit pursuant to which the City leased the regional assets of the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department’s sewage disposal system and water supply system to the Authority. The leases became effective on January 1st of this year, and the bonds were the
first public offering of Authority debt.
- May 20, 2021 Seminars Suzanne Sukkar and Christy McDonald to Speak at the ICLE Labor & Employment Law Institute
- April 14, 2021 Webinars A Shot in the Arm: Current COVID-19 Workplace Issues Webinar
- April 14, 2021 Media Mentions Caleb Green Selected as Young Lawyer Fellow by American Bar Association's Intellectual Property Law Section
- April 12, 2021 In the News Trent Cornell Joins Dickinson Wright Chicago Office
- April 8, 2021 In the News Eight Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2021 Southwest Super Lawyers, Three Named Rising Stars
- April 07, 2021 Industry Alerts Reference re Greenhouse Gas Pollution Pricing Act – Supreme Court of Canada Rules Carbon Pricing Constitutional
- April 06, 2021 Industry Alerts SPAC Transactions Continue to Draw SEC’s Attention
- April 6, 2021 In the News Venroy July Joins Dickinson Wright Washington D.C. Office
- March 30, 2021 In the News Jake McMillian Joins Dickinson Wright as its First Director of Diversity and Inclusion