Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Benton B. Bodamer (Member, Columbus) was recently quoted by The Houston Chronicle in an article titled, “Changing marijuana laws in Canada and Mexico create pressure on Texas.”
The article examines how marijuana legalization, whether for medical or recreational purposes, has increased pressure on Texas to decriminalize, if not fully legalize, usage of the plant. Public opinion on marijuana has significantly shifted in recent years, with about one in seven adults in the U.S. consuming marijuana, according to 2017 figures quoted in the article.
“All of this momentum foreshadows the global transformation from a fear-based prohibition into a global cannabis industry fueled by facts, market data, medical research, customer-patient experiences, and intelligent and evolving legislative solutions,” said Bodamer.
To read the article, click here.
- September 30, 2022 In the News Benjamin Sobczak Elected to State Bar of Michigan’s Cannabis Law Section Council
- September 6, 2022 In the News Benjamin Sobczak Joins Dickinson Wright Troy Office as a Member
- June 14, 2022 In the News Seven Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Nevada Business's Top Ranked Attorneys 2022
- June 13, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Recognized in Legal 500 United States 2022 Edition
- June 1, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2022 Chambers USA Guide; 42 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- April 11, 2022 In the News Elliot Vilders Joins Dickinson Wright Troy Office as a Member
- January 28, 2022 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named to 2022 Illinois Super Lawyers, Two Named Rising Stars
- December 16-17, 2021 Speaking Engagements Dickinson Wright Attorneys to Present at NCIA CannaVest West
- September 20, 2021 Industry Alerts Michigan's Marihuana Regulatory Agency Currently Reviewing New Rules