Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Benton B. Bodamer (Member, Columbus) was recently quoted by The Houston Chronicle in an article titled, “Changing marijuana laws in Canada and Mexico create pressure on Texas.”
The article examines how marijuana legalization, whether for medical or recreational purposes, has increased pressure on Texas to decriminalize, if not fully legalize, usage of the plant. Public opinion on marijuana has significantly shifted in recent years, with about one in seven adults in the U.S. consuming marijuana, according to 2017 figures quoted in the article.
“All of this momentum foreshadows the global transformation from a fear-based prohibition into a global cannabis industry fueled by facts, market data, medical research, customer-patient experiences, and intelligent and evolving legislative solutions,” said Bodamer.
To read the article, click here.
- July 16, 2021 In the News Twelve Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Mountain State Super Lawyers
- June 14, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Recognized in Legal 500 United States 2021 Edition
- May 20, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2021 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- February 23, 2021 Media Mentions Scot Crow Interviewed on Elevate Your Grind Podcast
- December 3, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Represents AltMed in Deal with Verano to Combine Operations
- September 2, 2020 In the News Timothy McCulloch Named to National Law Journal’s 2020 Cannabis Law Trailblazers List
- July 30, 2020 Media Mentions Lloyd Pierre-Louis, Daniel Briggs, and Benton Bodamer Publish Article in Cannabis Business Times
- April 2020 Industry Alerts Province Releases Updated List of “Essential” Workplaces, Directing Additional Closures and Restrictions During COVID-19 State of Emergency
- March 2020 Media Mentions Scot Crow Speaks with Benzinga on Effectiveness of Cannabis Company Restructuring Efforts