Benton B. Bodamer (Member, Columbus) was recently quoted by The Houston Chronicle in an article titled, “Changing marijuana laws in Canada and Mexico create pressure on Texas.”
The article examines how marijuana legalization, whether for medical or recreational purposes, has increased pressure on Texas to decriminalize, if not fully legalize, usage of the plant. Public opinion on marijuana has significantly shifted in recent years, with about one in seven adults in the U.S. consuming marijuana, according to 2017 figures quoted in the article.
“All of this momentum foreshadows the global transformation from a fear-based prohibition into a global cannabis industry fueled by facts, market data, medical research, customer-patient experiences, and intelligent and evolving legislative solutions,” said Bodamer.
To read the article, click here.
- December 9-10, 2019 Conferences MJBizDaily Investor Intelligence Conference
- November 2019 Media Mentions Scot Crow and Benton Bodamer Quoted by Law360 on Massachusetts Cannabis Market
- November 2019 Media Mentions Lance Anderson Discusses Cannabis Patents with Law360
- October 2019 Industry Alerts No Penalties in Harborside Case
- October 21, 2019 Conferences IMN: The Institutional Capital & Cannabis Conference (East)
- October 11, 2019 Industry Alerts Ohio Department of Agriculture Releases Proposed Rules for the State’s Hemp Program
- October 8, 2019 In the News Lloyd Pierre-Louis Joins Dickinson Wright's Columbus Office as a Member
- September 18, 2019 Media Mentions Benton Bodamer Quoted by Leafly on Vape Cart Crisis
- September 18, 2019 Media Mentions Benton Bodamer, Scot Crow Quoted by Cannabis Business Times on Supply Chain Risk Management Amid Vape Crisis