Benton B. Bodamer (Member, Columbus) was recently quoted by The Houston Chronicle in an article titled, “Changing marijuana laws in Canada and Mexico create pressure on Texas.”
The article examines how marijuana legalization, whether for medical or recreational purposes, has increased pressure on Texas to decriminalize, if not fully legalize, usage of the plant. Public opinion on marijuana has significantly shifted in recent years, with about one in seven adults in the U.S. consuming marijuana, according to 2017 figures quoted in the article.
“All of this momentum foreshadows the global transformation from a fear-based prohibition into a global cannabis industry fueled by facts, market data, medical research, customer-patient experiences, and intelligent and evolving legislative solutions,” said Bodamer.
To read the article, click here.
- July 10, 2019 In the News Benton Bodamer Teaches "Cannabiz" Course through The Ohio State University's Drug Enforcement & Policy Center
- May 15, 2019 Media Mentions Medical Marijuana Article by Sara Jodka Published in Cannabis Business Times
- April 1, 2019 In the News Melissa Waite Named to National Law Journal's 2019 Cannabis Law Trailblazers List
- March 11, 2019 Media Mentions Wendy Hulton and Tim McCulloch Quoted in Canadian Lawyer Article About “Green Gold Rush”
- February 26, 2019 Media Mentions Benton Bodamer Quoted in Construction Dive Article on Cannabis Laws Impacting the Industry
- February 2019 Media Mentions Scot Crow Discusses Family Offices In Cannabis Investment Industry with Buyouts Magazine
- December 2018 Industry Alerts Tax Court Rules Against Cannabis Dispensary
- November 9, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Melissa Waite Quoted in Las Vegas Sun Article, "Resorts See Possibility of Marijuana Lounges as a Dilemma"
- November 8, 2018 Media Mentions Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Quoted in Crain's Detroit Business Article on the Legalization of Marijuana in Michigan