- Bodamer, Benton B.
- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Benton Bodamer (Member, Columbus) recently spoke with CNN Business about a new crop of cannabis breathalyzers currently in development to aid law enforcement in curbing impaired driving. Cannabis breathalyzers in their current form measure the amount of THC in a suspected user’s breath. Unfortunately, that comes with pitfalls. Because pass-fail tests do not prove impairment, that can create problems for patients in the more than 30 US states where cannabis is a legal medicine, Benton told the publication.
"That's a recipe for a public health disaster," he said. "There's not a pass/fail opioid breathalyzer, so why would some different rules apply in the context of medical cannabis?"
To read more, click here.
- October 10, 2023 Industry Alerts Ohio Voters May Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use for Adults
- September 14, 2023 In the News Scot Crow Named to the 2023 Top 200 Cannabis Lawyers List
- July 10, 2023 Industry Alerts Five Upcoming Changes to Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Laws & Recreational Update
- June 12, 2023 In the News Dickinson Wright Recognized in Legal 500 United States 2023 Edition
- June 1, 2023 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2023 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- March 08, 2023 Video Minutes on the Matter: What Cannabis Companies Need to Know About State Cannabis Regulators
- September 30, 2022 In the News Benjamin Sobczak Elected to State Bar of Michigan’s Cannabis Law Section Council
- September 6, 2022 In the News Benjamin Sobczak Joins Dickinson Wright Troy Office as a Member
- June 14, 2022 In the News Seven Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Nevada Business's Top Ranked Attorneys 2022