- Bodamer, Benton B.
- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Benton Bodamer (Member, Columbus) recently spoke with CNN Business about a new crop of cannabis breathalyzers currently in development to aid law enforcement in curbing impaired driving. Cannabis breathalyzers in their current form measure the amount of THC in a suspected user’s breath. Unfortunately, that comes with pitfalls. Because pass-fail tests do not prove impairment, that can create problems for patients in the more than 30 US states where cannabis is a legal medicine, Benton told the publication.
"That's a recipe for a public health disaster," he said. "There's not a pass/fail opioid breathalyzer, so why would some different rules apply in the context of medical cannabis?"
To read more, click here.
- September 20, 2021 Industry Alerts Michigan's Marihuana Regulatory Agency Currently Reviewing New Rules
- August 18, 2021 Industry Alerts High Risks Remain If Operating Cannabis Business Outside Strict State Law
- July 16, 2021 In the News Twelve Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Mountain State Super Lawyers
- June 14, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Recognized in Legal 500 United States 2021 Edition
- May 20, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2021 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- February 23, 2021 Media Mentions Scot Crow Interviewed on Elevate Your Grind Podcast
- December 3, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Represents AltMed in Deal with Verano to Combine Operations
- September 2, 2020 In the News Timothy McCulloch Named to National Law Journal’s 2020 Cannabis Law Trailblazers List
- July 30, 2020 Media Mentions Lloyd Pierre-Louis, Daniel Briggs, and Benton Bodamer Publish Article in Cannabis Business Times