Benton Bodamer (Member, Columbus) and Scot Crow (Member and General Corporate, M&A and Private Equity Practice Group Chair, Columbus) discussed the declining stock of Aurora Cannabis, a Canadian-licensed cannabis producer, with InvestorPlace for an article titled “Aurora Cannabis Stock May Already Have a U.S. Problem.” The company’s stock, which has reached its lowest point in over two years, may take another hit as the U.S. heads into an election year, decreasing the likelihood of upcoming action on federal legalization.
“This will be a year of increased friction and enforcement as federal legislation largely stalls due to the presidential election cycle,” Scot told InvestorPlace. “IRS enforcement actions against legitimate state businesses could increase the possibility of meaningful federal action, but not realistically until after the election cycle."
“Federal and state agencies enforcing existing laws will expose non-compliant state operators,” Benton said, echoing Scot’s thoughts on increased friction. “Legitimate competition will bring risk of failure in select markets, testing state and federal enforceability of contracts and receivership and bankruptcy protections, even further than last year.”
To read more, click here.
- January 02, 2020 Media Mentions Benton Bodamer Discusses Logistics of Cannabis Breathalyzers with CNN Business
- December 9-10, 2019 Conferences MJBizDaily Investor Intelligence Conference
- November 2019 Media Mentions Scot Crow and Benton Bodamer Quoted by Law360 on Massachusetts Cannabis Market
- November 2019 Media Mentions Lance Anderson Discusses Cannabis Patents with Law360
- October 2019 Industry Alerts No Penalties in Harborside Case
- October 21, 2019 Conferences IMN: The Institutional Capital & Cannabis Conference (East)
- October 11, 2019 Industry Alerts Ohio Department of Agriculture Releases Proposed Rules for the State’s Hemp Program
- October 8, 2019 In the News Lloyd Pierre-Louis Joins Dickinson Wright's Columbus Office as a Member
- September 18, 2019 Media Mentions Benton Bodamer Quoted by Leafly on Vape Cart Crisis