Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Benton Bodamer (Member, Columbus) and Scot Crow (Member and General Corporate, M&A and Private Equity Practice Group Chair, Columbus) discussed the declining stock of Aurora Cannabis, a Canadian-licensed cannabis producer, with InvestorPlace for an article titled “Aurora Cannabis Stock May Already Have a U.S. Problem.” The company’s stock, which has reached its lowest point in over two years, may take another hit as the U.S. heads into an election year, decreasing the likelihood of upcoming action on federal legalization.
“This will be a year of increased friction and enforcement as federal legislation largely stalls due to the presidential election cycle,” Scot told InvestorPlace. “IRS enforcement actions against legitimate state businesses could increase the possibility of meaningful federal action, but not realistically until after the election cycle."
“Federal and state agencies enforcing existing laws will expose non-compliant state operators,” Benton said, echoing Scot’s thoughts on increased friction. “Legitimate competition will bring risk of failure in select markets, testing state and federal enforceability of contracts and receivership and bankruptcy protections, even further than last year.”
To read more, click here.
- October 10, 2023 Industry Alerts Ohio Voters May Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use for Adults
- September 14, 2023 In the News Scot Crow Named to the 2023 Top 200 Cannabis Lawyers List
- July 10, 2023 Industry Alerts Five Upcoming Changes to Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Laws & Recreational Update
- June 12, 2023 In the News Dickinson Wright Recognized in Legal 500 United States 2023 Edition
- June 1, 2023 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2023 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- March 08, 2023 Video Minutes on the Matter: What Cannabis Companies Need to Know About State Cannabis Regulators
- September 30, 2022 In the News Benjamin Sobczak Elected to State Bar of Michigan’s Cannabis Law Section Council
- September 6, 2022 In the News Benjamin Sobczak Joins Dickinson Wright Troy Office as a Member
- June 14, 2022 In the News Seven Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Nevada Business's Top Ranked Attorneys 2022