Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Benton Bodamer (Member, Columbus) and Scot Crow (Member and General Corporate, M&A and Private Equity Practice Group Chair, Columbus) discussed the declining stock of Aurora Cannabis, a Canadian-licensed cannabis producer, with InvestorPlace for an article titled “Aurora Cannabis Stock May Already Have a U.S. Problem.” The company’s stock, which has reached its lowest point in over two years, may take another hit as the U.S. heads into an election year, decreasing the likelihood of upcoming action on federal legalization.
“This will be a year of increased friction and enforcement as federal legislation largely stalls due to the presidential election cycle,” Scot told InvestorPlace. “IRS enforcement actions against legitimate state businesses could increase the possibility of meaningful federal action, but not realistically until after the election cycle."
“Federal and state agencies enforcing existing laws will expose non-compliant state operators,” Benton said, echoing Scot’s thoughts on increased friction. “Legitimate competition will bring risk of failure in select markets, testing state and federal enforceability of contracts and receivership and bankruptcy protections, even further than last year.”
To read more, click here.
- June 14, 2022 In the News Seven Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Nevada Business's Top Ranked Attorneys 2022
- June 13, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Recognized in Legal 500 United States 2022 Edition
- June 1, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2022 Chambers USA Guide; 42 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- April 11, 2022 In the News Elliot Vilders Joins Dickinson Wright Troy Office as a Member
- January 28, 2022 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named to 2022 Illinois Super Lawyers, Two Named Rising Stars
- December 16-17, 2021 Speaking Engagements Dickinson Wright Attorneys to Present at NCIA CannaVest West
- September 20, 2021 Industry Alerts Michigan's Marihuana Regulatory Agency Currently Reviewing New Rules
- August 18, 2021 Industry Alerts High Risks Remain If Operating Cannabis Business Outside Strict State Law
- July 16, 2021 In the News Twelve Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Mountain State Super Lawyers