- Anderson, K. Lance
- Media Mentions
Lance Anderson spoke with Technology Transfer Tactics for an article titled “Sublicensing Terms Must Strike Right Balance Between University Rights and Licensee Needs.” Though there are myriad ways to go about sublicensing, university TTOs will likely be best served by carefully considering sublicensing terms when establishing the initial licensing agreement and working to craft a deal that works for both parties. “Sublicensing doesn’t matter until it matters. And then it matters a lot,” Lance told the publication. “There can be a lot of money at stake and universities want to protect themselves.” However, universities must be careful to strike a balance between a lack of protection and too much self-protection, as options like a pass-through sublicensing arrangement can deprive a university TTO of sublicensing revenue. “The universities are trying to protect themselves, but a lot of times these pass-through models make it really difficult to go out and do deals the way the market dictates, because the licensee is stuck with this structure and royalty rate,” he said. To read more, click here (subscription required for full article).
- May 04, 2022 Media Mentions Jonathan Baker Recognized by the Daily Journal as 2022 "Top Intellectual Property Lawyer"
- May 03, 2022 Industry Alerts Expediting Examination - Pre-Assessment Letters
- March 25, 2022 Media Mentions K. Lance Anderson Quoted in Wall Street Journal on Innovation Spurred by Venture Investment in Crispr Gene Editing
- March 17, 2022 Industry Alerts Freedom to Operate Opinions: What Are They, and Why Are They Important?
- March 17, 2022 Media Mentions John Krieger and Tenesa Powell Published in IP Litigator® on Protecting Against Counterfeits
- March 10, 2022 Media Mentions Jennifer Ko Craft Quoted in Law360 on Federal Circuit's Decision Regarding Wrongful Registration Denial by Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- March 10, 2022 Industry Alerts Trademark Modernization Act—What New and Upcoming Changes Could Mean for Your Trademarks
- March 1, 2022 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Listed in the 2022 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory
- February 25, 2022 In the News Matthew Powell and Michael Spink Listed in the 2022 Edition of the IAM Strategy 300 Global Leaders