Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
K. Lance Anderson (Member, Austin) was recently quoted by Technology Transfer Tactics for the article, “Total Compliance with Bayh-Dole Assignments Must Be Goal.”
The article discusses the recent update in federal regulations regarding Bayh-Dole compliance, which guides assignment of ownership rights of intellectual property related to government-funded research, and how universities can ensure they retain ownership of their researchers’ IP.
“Not having an active assignment policy means you’re exposed,” Anderson says. “Making sure you have compliance by your faculty researchers is another risk point, so the best practice should be to have all related policies and procedures speak to an active form of assignment. That’s the first stage in at least creating the legal obligation of the faculty researcher or inventor.”
- June 24, 2022 Media Mentions Jennifer Ko Craft Quoted by Law360 on 'Juneteenth' Ice Cream Trademark Debate
- June 24, 2022 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers
- June 22, 2022 In the News Cindy Villanueva Named “Class of 2022 40 Under 40” Honoree by Phoenix Business Journal
- June 14, 2022 In the News Seven Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Nevada Business's Top Ranked Attorneys 2022
- June 13, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Recognized in Legal 500 United States 2022 Edition
- June 09, 2022 Media Mentions Jennifer Ko Craft Quoted in Law360 on Steps Taken by the USPTO Following Applicant Email Exposure
- June 08, 2022 Industry Alerts The Who, What, Why, and How of NFTs, the Metaverse, and IP
- June 08, 2022 Media Mentions William Honaker Quoted by Fast Company on the $365 Million Business of Queen Elizabeth's Platinum Jubilee
- June 6, 2022 In the News Eleven Dickinson Wright Attorneys Listed as 2022 IP Stars