K. Lance Anderson (Member, Austin) was recently quoted by Technology Transfer Tactics for the article, “Total Compliance with Bayh-Dole Assignments Must Be Goal.”
The article discusses the recent update in federal regulations regarding Bayh-Dole compliance, which guides assignment of ownership rights of intellectual property related to government-funded research, and how universities can ensure they retain ownership of their researchers’ IP.
“Not having an active assignment policy means you’re exposed,” Anderson says. “Making sure you have compliance by your faculty researchers is another risk point, so the best practice should be to have all related policies and procedures speak to an active form of assignment. That’s the first stage in at least creating the legal obligation of the faculty researcher or inventor.”
- February 26, 2021 Media Mentions Caleb Green Joins Panel for National Bar Association's "Getting Started: Maximizing Your Finances" Webinar
- February 23, 2021 Media Mentions Andrea Arndt Discusses COVID-19 Related Counterfeit Products with WWJ News Radio and Fox 2 News Detroit
- February 19, 2021 Media Mentions Yuri Chumak Quoted by Global News on The Tragically Hip's Lawsuit Against Mill St. Brewery
- February 16, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in the 2021 Edition of the WTR 1000
- February 16, 2021 Media Mentions Lance Anderson Featured in Dickinson Wright's New Video Platform Minutes on the Matter
- February 11, 2021 Media Mentions Bill Honaker Published in Detroit Legal News on California's Prohibition of Post-Employment Assignments
- February 10, 2021 In the News Pandemic Creates New Opportunities for Counterfeit Products to Proliferate; Plus, How to Spot Fakes – And Why They May Pose Health and Safety Issues
- February 02, 2021 In the News Stephen Mason Speaks at Halfmoon Education Webinar on "Texas Engineering Law & Ethics"
- February 01, 2021 Media Mentions Caleb Green Published in Communique on Racial Inequality in the U.S. Intellectual Property Legal System