Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
K. Lance Anderson (Member, Austin) was recently quoted by Technology Transfer Tactics for the article, “Total Compliance with Bayh-Dole Assignments Must Be Goal.”
The article discusses the recent update in federal regulations regarding Bayh-Dole compliance, which guides assignment of ownership rights of intellectual property related to government-funded research, and how universities can ensure they retain ownership of their researchers’ IP.
“Not having an active assignment policy means you’re exposed,” Anderson says. “Making sure you have compliance by your faculty researchers is another risk point, so the best practice should be to have all related policies and procedures speak to an active form of assignment. That’s the first stage in at least creating the legal obligation of the faculty researcher or inventor.”
- September 22, 2021 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2021 Texas Super Lawyers
- September 1, 2021 In the News Sanjukta S. Tole Joins Dickinson Wright LLP as a Partner
- August 26, 2021 In the News Six Dickinson Wright Lawyers Ranked in Best Lawyers in Canada® 2022 Edition
- July 29, 2021 In the News Jennifer Ko Craft Named to Managing IP’s 2021 Top 250 Women in IP List
- July 19, 2021 Media Mentions Dickinson Wright Featured in Law360 on New IP Lawyers
- July 15, 2021 In the News Jennifer Ko Craft Named to The American Lawyer’s 2021 West Trailblazers List
- July 8, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in the 2021 Edition of the IAM Patent 1000
- July 6, 2021 In the News Christopher Hanba and Joshua Jones Join Dickinson Wright Austin Office
- July 1, 2021 In the News Ten Dickinson Wright Attorneys Listed as 2021 IP Stars