Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
K. Lance Anderson (Member, Austin) was recently quoted by Technology Transfer Tactics for the article, “Total Compliance with Bayh-Dole Assignments Must Be Goal.”
The article discusses the recent update in federal regulations regarding Bayh-Dole compliance, which guides assignment of ownership rights of intellectual property related to government-funded research, and how universities can ensure they retain ownership of their researchers’ IP.
“Not having an active assignment policy means you’re exposed,” Anderson says. “Making sure you have compliance by your faculty researchers is another risk point, so the best practice should be to have all related policies and procedures speak to an active form of assignment. That’s the first stage in at least creating the legal obligation of the faculty researcher or inventor.”
- October 24, 2023 Podcasts DW FastTrack Episode 3: How to Best Utilize Outside Counsel
- October 10, 2023 Podcasts DW FastTrack Episode 2: Twitter Rebrand to X with Caleb Green
- October 10, 2023 Video Minutes on the Matter with Jeffrey Kass: Keyword Bidding on Search Engines
- September 28, 2023 In the News Alexandria Chun Joins Dickinson Wright Toronto Office
- September 28, 2023 In the News Matthew Powell and Michael Spink Listed in the 2023 Edition of the IAM Strategy 300
- August 14, 2023 In the News Sanjukta Tole Recognized in Who’s Who Legal Intellectual Property 2023 Guide
- July 10, 2023 In the News Twelve Dickinson Wright Attorneys Listed as 2023 IP Stars
- June 28, 2023 In the News Caleb Green Receives the 2023 Young Lawyer of the Year Award from the State Bar of Nevada
- June 26, 2023 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers