Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
K. Lance Anderson (Member, Austin) was recently quoted by Technology Transfer Tactics for the article, “Total Compliance with Bayh-Dole Assignments Must Be Goal.”
The article discusses the recent update in federal regulations regarding Bayh-Dole compliance, which guides assignment of ownership rights of intellectual property related to government-funded research, and how universities can ensure they retain ownership of their researchers’ IP.
“Not having an active assignment policy means you’re exposed,” Anderson says. “Making sure you have compliance by your faculty researchers is another risk point, so the best practice should be to have all related policies and procedures speak to an active form of assignment. That’s the first stage in at least creating the legal obligation of the faculty researcher or inventor.”
- June 9, 2021 In the News Eight Dickinson Wright Attorneys Listed as 2021 IP Stars
- June 04, 2021 Media Mentions Andrea Arndt Featured in Trademark Lawyer Magazine on Amazon's Advances Against Counterfeit Products
- May 21, 2021 In the News Amazon’s advances against counterfeit products don’t cover those not registered for IP protection; what brand owners need to do now
- May 20, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2021 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- May 12, 2021 Media Mentions Frank Borger Gilligan Quoted by Benzinga on New Potential SEC Guidelines for NFTs
- May 10, 2021 Industry Alerts What You Need To Know: Intellectual Property and Non-Fungible Tokens
- May 06, 2021 Media Mentions James Cleland Quoted by Life Sciences Intellectual Property Review on Minerva v. Hologiv
- May 3, 2021 In the News Kenneth Dyer Joins Dickinson Wright Silicon Valley Office
- April 27, 2021 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Listed in the 2021 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory