- Craft, Jennifer Ko.
- Media Mentions
Jennifer Ko Craft was quoted recently in Law360. The Federal Circuit recently held that the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board wrongly denied registration of the mark "Trump Too Small" under Section 2(c) of the Lanham Act, which bars registration of marks that include the name of a living person without that person's consent. Jennifer shared her insights on whether Section 2(c) should be deemed unconstitutional in violation of an applicant's freedom of speech and offered practical insights on how the recent decision might impact how an individual polices his/her trademarks. Specifically, she would consider taking additional steps before the USPTO. "I plan to more closely monitor these types of applications and if only a Section 2(c) refusal is asserted by the USPTO, [I will] consider filing a letter of protest to suggest that a Section 2(d) refusal [based on likelihood of confusion] should be issued as well," Jennifer said. To read the article, click here.
- May 26, 2022 Industry Alerts Recognized v. Registered Trademarks - Quebec Amends the Charter of the French Language
- May 04, 2022 Media Mentions Jonathan Baker Recognized by the Daily Journal as 2022 "Top Intellectual Property Lawyer"
- May 03, 2022 Industry Alerts Expediting Examination - Pre-Assessment Letters
- March 25, 2022 Media Mentions K. Lance Anderson Quoted in Wall Street Journal on Innovation Spurred by Venture Investment in Crispr Gene Editing
- March 17, 2022 Industry Alerts Freedom to Operate Opinions: What Are They, and Why Are They Important?
- March 17, 2022 Media Mentions John Krieger and Tenesa Powell Published in IP Litigator® on Protecting Against Counterfeits
- March 10, 2022 Industry Alerts Trademark Modernization Act—What New and Upcoming Changes Could Mean for Your Trademarks
- March 1, 2022 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Listed in the 2022 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory
- February 25, 2022 In the News Matthew Powell and Michael Spink Listed in the 2022 Edition of the IAM Strategy 300 Global Leaders