- In the News
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Dickinson Wright joins its colleagues and clients in observing Canada’s National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. This new Canadian federal statutory holiday will be commemorated annually on September 30 and is intended to acknowledge the lasting impact of the residential school system upon indigenous communities throughout Canada.
As a Firm, Dickinson Wright is committed to identifying and dismantling systemic barriers to equity and access in the legal profession and in all the places where we do business. This includes educating our own lawyers and staff on the history of racism waged against indigenous communities in Canada, and seeking opportunities to become active participants in the reconciliation process for indigenous peoples.
We encourage all of our colleagues, clients, and friends to take time to reflect on the tragic history of residential schools in Canada, honor indigenous survivors, remember the thousands of indigenous children who disappeared, and commit themselves to fulfilling the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s calls for justice.
To learn more about National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, the history of residential schools in Canada, and how you might get involved, please consider the resources below:
- Read this explainer about the residential school system from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- Listen to this podcast about the history of residential schools from The Daily at The New York Times
- Install these educational apps to learn more about indigenous life and history
- For kids: participate in Reconciliation Week, an online educational event geared towards middle and high school students
- View the Final Reports from the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation
- November 4-5, 2021 Webinars Dickinson Wright Health Law Virtual Summit
- November 3, 2021 Webinars Protecting Software Intellectual Property in Electric and Autonomous Vehicle Technologies
- November 03, 2021 Webinars Automotive Industry Electrification: Protecting Software Intellectual Property in Electric and Autonomous Vehicle Technologies | 電気および自動運転車技術におけるソフトウェアの知的財産の保護
- October 21, 2021 Media Mentions Flavia Campbell Appointed as Member of Global Chamber Phoenix Advisory Board
- October 20, 2021 Webinars North America's Drive Towards Electrification: How East Asia Factors into the Equation
- October 20, 2021 Webinars Automotive Industry Electrification: North America's Drive Towards Electrification: How East Asia Factors into the Equation | 北米の電動化への動き: 東アジアではどうなるのか
- October 18, 2021 Blogs Key September USCIS Process Updates | 9月の米国移民局の手続きに関する主なアップデート
- October 14, 2021 Media Mentions Jeff Silver Interviewed in Nevada Newsmakers on His Career
- October 08, 2021 Industry Alerts Key September USCIS Process Updates