- In the News
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Dickinson Wright joins its colleagues and clients in observing Canada’s National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. This new Canadian federal statutory holiday will be commemorated annually on September 30 and is intended to acknowledge the lasting impact of the residential school system upon indigenous communities throughout Canada.
As a Firm, Dickinson Wright is committed to identifying and dismantling systemic barriers to equity and access in the legal profession and in all the places where we do business. This includes educating our own lawyers and staff on the history of racism waged against indigenous communities in Canada, and seeking opportunities to become active participants in the reconciliation process for indigenous peoples.
We encourage all of our colleagues, clients, and friends to take time to reflect on the tragic history of residential schools in Canada, honor indigenous survivors, remember the thousands of indigenous children who disappeared, and commit themselves to fulfilling the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s calls for justice.
To learn more about National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, the history of residential schools in Canada, and how you might get involved, please consider the resources below:
- Read this explainer about the residential school system from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- Listen to this podcast about the history of residential schools from The Daily at The New York Times
- Install these educational apps to learn more about indigenous life and history
- For kids: participate in Reconciliation Week, an online educational event geared towards middle and high school students
- View the Final Reports from the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation
- August 15, 2022 Media Mentions Sara Jodka was recently quoted in the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) article, "Federal Bill Would Offer Some Legal Protections for Gig Workers."
- August 12, 2022 In the News Forty Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2022 Michigan Super Lawyers, 17 Named Rising Stars
- August 12, 2022 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named to Michigan Super Lawyers 2022 Top Lists
- August 11, 2022 In the News David Mirazo and Michelle Esparza Join Dickinson Wright El Paso Office
- August 10, 2022 Industry Alerts Scope of Cross-Appeals in the Michigan Court of Appeals
- August 9, 2022 In the News Mark High is the 2022 Recipient of the Stephen H. Schulman Outstanding Business Lawyer Award
- August 09, 2022 Media Mentions Joseph Silvia quoted in Compliance Week article, "Crypto Regulation Back in Spotlight After SEC Securities Claims."
- August 08, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright was featured in the Benzinga article, "Best Cannabis Law Firms in Michigan"
- August 2022 Industry Alerts Coming to Canadian Patents on October 3, 2022: Excess Claims and Continued Examination Fees