Doubletree by Hilton Flagstaff
, 1175 West Route 66, Flagstaff, Arizona, 86001
Title Insurance Made Simple, From Policy Selection to Title Claims
Michael Scheurich (Member, Phoenix) will be one of three to present at this all-day seminar.
Do you know the different title insurance policy types, coverages, which to choose and when? Do you know how to review a title commitment to assess coverage and exceptions? In this nuts-and-bolts program, our faculty will help you navigate title insurance fundamentals from initial policy selection to claims and coverage denials. Whether you represent buyers, sellers, lenders or a title company, gain an essential understanding of title insurance - register today!
- Review what title insurance is vs. is not and what it does and does not cover.
- Walk through the different types of policies and coverages, and learn which to choose and when.
- Navigate the title insurance process and the roles and duties of the various parties.
- Learn when an endorsement is preferable to the removal of an exception.
- Find out how to request that title be marked up, and know what can be properly removed.
- Explore when and why title insurance companies deny coverage for claims.
Who Should Attend
This basic level program is designed for:
- Title and Abstract Professionals
- Real Estate Professionals
- Title Insurance Fundamentals
- Types of Title Insurance Policies and Coverages
- Title Insurance Process, Procedures and Timetable
- Endorsements: Common Types, How They Work, When They are Needed
- How to Negotiate Improved Coverage
- Title Claims and Coverage Denials: Who, What, When and Why
- Legal Ethics
- August 13, 2018 In the News Intellectual Property Attorney Nicholas Angelocci Joins Dickinson Wright's Troy Office
- August 8, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright Names Five Attorneys as Division Directors
- August 7, 2018 In the News Attorney Kathryn Wood Named a "2018 Women in the Law" Honoree by Michigan Lawyers Weekly
- August 7, 2018 In the News Attorney Michael Feder Elected Board Member of Two Las Vegas Organizations
- August 6-7, 2018 Seminars NBI Seminar: LLCs From Start to Finish August 6-7, 2018
- August 03, 2018 Seminars Sunrise Seminar - #YouToo Can Do More to Address and Prevent Sexual Harassment in the Workplace on August 3, 2018
- August 3, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Gregory Cahill Published in the Construction Executive Article, “Benefits (and Detriments) of Construction Arbitration”
- August 1, 2018 In the News Attorney Melissa Waite Joins Dickinson Wright's Las Vegas Office
- July 31, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in Chambers 2018 High Net Worth Guide