Doubletree by Hilton Flagstaff
, 1175 West Route 66, Flagstaff, Arizona, 86001
Title Insurance Made Simple, From Policy Selection to Title Claims
Michael Scheurich (Member, Phoenix) will be one of three to present at this all-day seminar.
Do you know the different title insurance policy types, coverages, which to choose and when? Do you know how to review a title commitment to assess coverage and exceptions? In this nuts-and-bolts program, our faculty will help you navigate title insurance fundamentals from initial policy selection to claims and coverage denials. Whether you represent buyers, sellers, lenders or a title company, gain an essential understanding of title insurance - register today!
- Review what title insurance is vs. is not and what it does and does not cover.
- Walk through the different types of policies and coverages, and learn which to choose and when.
- Navigate the title insurance process and the roles and duties of the various parties.
- Learn when an endorsement is preferable to the removal of an exception.
- Find out how to request that title be marked up, and know what can be properly removed.
- Explore when and why title insurance companies deny coverage for claims.
Who Should Attend
This basic level program is designed for:
- Title and Abstract Professionals
- Real Estate Professionals
- Title Insurance Fundamentals
- Types of Title Insurance Policies and Coverages
- Title Insurance Process, Procedures and Timetable
- Endorsements: Common Types, How They Work, When They are Needed
- How to Negotiate Improved Coverage
- Title Claims and Coverage Denials: Who, What, When and Why
- Legal Ethics
- October 25, 2018 Seminars Dickinson Wright to Host Sunrise Seminar on "The Top 10 Insider Tips for Operating a Gold Standard 401(k) and 403(b) Retirement Plan"
- October 16, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in Benchmark Litigation 2019
- October 15, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Dan Ujczo Interviewed on CBC Regarding the USMCA
- October 12, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Ted Citrome Quoted in Lexpert Article on "Canadian Firms at Risk for US Taxes"
- October 12, 2018 Industry Alerts UPDATE: US Issues New Guidance for Canadian Travelers Involved in Legal Cannabis Industry
- October 12, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kathleen Campbell Walker Quoted in Law 360 Article “TN Visas Survive Trade Deal, But Challenges May Remain”
- October 10, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright's Employment Practice Recognized on the Phoenix Business Journal Law Practices List
- October 9, 2018 Webinars Property Tax Assessments -- How to Maintain Positive Cash Flow After Period of Economic Growth Webinar on October 9, 2018
- October 5, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Ned Levitt Recently Contributed to the “Getting the Deal Through – Franchise 2019” Publication