Doubletree by Hilton Flagstaff
, 1175 West Route 66, Flagstaff, Arizona, 86001
Title Insurance Made Simple, From Policy Selection to Title Claims
Michael Scheurich (Member, Phoenix) will be one of three to present at this all-day seminar.
Do you know the different title insurance policy types, coverages, which to choose and when? Do you know how to review a title commitment to assess coverage and exceptions? In this nuts-and-bolts program, our faculty will help you navigate title insurance fundamentals from initial policy selection to claims and coverage denials. Whether you represent buyers, sellers, lenders or a title company, gain an essential understanding of title insurance - register today!
- Review what title insurance is vs. is not and what it does and does not cover.
- Walk through the different types of policies and coverages, and learn which to choose and when.
- Navigate the title insurance process and the roles and duties of the various parties.
- Learn when an endorsement is preferable to the removal of an exception.
- Find out how to request that title be marked up, and know what can be properly removed.
- Explore when and why title insurance companies deny coverage for claims.
Who Should Attend
This basic level program is designed for:
- Title and Abstract Professionals
- Real Estate Professionals
- Title Insurance Fundamentals
- Types of Title Insurance Policies and Coverages
- Title Insurance Process, Procedures and Timetable
- Endorsements: Common Types, How They Work, When They are Needed
- How to Negotiate Improved Coverage
- Title Claims and Coverage Denials: Who, What, When and Why
- Legal Ethics
- July 20, 2018 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Northern California Super Lawyers
- July 20, 2018 In the News Lisa D. Duran Named a 2018 Most Influential Woman in Arizona Business
- July 18, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Alan Litwack Quoted in the Marijuana Business Daily Article “Cannabis Boom or Bust: How US Firms Could be Affected by Canada’s Adult-Use Market”
- July 17, 2018 In the News Attorney Blair Gould Joins Dickinson Wright's Troy Office
- July 16, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Featured in Video Relating to the Recent Legalization of Sports Betting
- July 15- 16, 2018 Special Events Sparky Anderson CATCH Charity Golf Prelude Party and Golf Classic
- July 2018 Industry Alerts California’s Data Privacy Law: What It Is and How to Comply (A Step-By-Step Guide)
- July 2018 Industry Alerts New Section 301 Tariffs Proposed for $200 Billion of Chinese Goods
- July 12, 2018 In the News Attorney Rock Wood Joins Dickinson Wright's Grand Rapids Office