Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Food labeling is a hotly contested area of the law and one that influences and impacts consumers' choices. Governmental intervention in food labeling at the state and federal level typically aims at improving human health and safety, supporting domestic agricultural and food manufacturing industries, and averting international trade disputes. Food labels seem to be so helpful, so how do you navigate all the legal issues?
Join us for our complimentary multi-part webinar series, "The Anatomy of the Label and Package for Retail Food Products" as we unpack all the need-to-know trends and issues including:
Session 1 (January 15, 2019):
- The Industry State of Affairs including a survey in the rise of class actions, private claims under the Lanham Act, breach of implied warranties, and consumer demands for food transparency;
- Brand and Trademark Selection including house marks vs. product marks, messaging and intellectual property protection and liabilities;
Session 2 (February 7, 2019):
- Descriptors and Product Claims including FDA and USDA regulatory framework, examples of descriptors and omissions, third party certifications and geographic source or improper designations of origin;
- Nutritional Panel including liability for label claims, ingredient statements, omissions and standards of identity, and health claims;
Session 3 (March 7, 2019):
- Weight and Measurements including liability for the absence of cautionary statements, allergy statements, and storage recommendations;
- Insurance Protection and General Liability Considerations; and finally,
- Label Preparation
You won't want to miss the entire multi-part series. Each 60-minute session will cover a deep dive into the recent statutes, cases, claims, trends, and recommendations in this quickly-evolving area of the law.
Send us your questions ahead of each session and we'll answer them during the webinar.
- January 2020 Media Mentions Jacob Frenkel Quoted by Financial Times on Future of Regulatory Outlook
- September 2019 Industry Alerts Ohio House Bill 247: Expanding the Role of Regulated Utilities
- February 2018 Industry Alerts Controlled Burn: The Department Of Justice Announces It Will Not Rely On Agency Guidance Documents In Affirmative Civil Enforcement Cases
- June 2016 Industry Alerts Governor Kasich Signs Bill to Legalize Marijuana for Medicinal Use in Ohio