- Speaking Engagements
Borden Ladner Gervais (BLG)
East Tower, Bay Adelaide Centre
Monday, September 25, 2017
at: Borden Ladner Gervais (BLG)
East Tower, Bay Adelaide Centre,
22 Adelaide Street West, Suite 3400
Toronto, Ontario, M5H 4E3 Canada
DW Attorney, Dan Ujczo, (Columbus) will participate in a NAFTA panel with representatives of Canada’s largest trade associations.
8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.: Registration and Breakfast
8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.: Panel Discussion
10:00 a.m.: Adjournment and Networking
NAFTA: What does it mean for Canada?
The renegotiation process for NAFTA is now underway and much is at stake for Canada as the discussions continue to unfold. The renegotiation is placing a focus on several key policy issues, including: Labour, Supply Management, Procurement Rights, Rules of Origin, Environmental Standards, and much more.
While the Government of Canada continues to promote the value of the trade agreement to its neighbours south of the border, the outcome of the renegotiations and the impact they could have on Canadians are uncertain.
Join our panelists as they discuss the current state-of-play with Canada’s largest trading partner, the major public policy implications and what this renegotiation may mean for trilateral relations between Canada, the United States and Mexico and the agreement itself.
Dr. Bill Anderson, Director, Cross-Border Institute Ontario Research Chair, Cross-Border Transportation Policy
Daniel Ujczo, Of Counsel and Cross-Border Business Development Director Dickinson Wright
Andrea Van Vugt, Vice President, Policy, North America Business Council of Canada
Joy Nott, President Canadian Importers and Exports Association (I.E. Canada)
Register now by clicking here.
- Seminars Update on NAFTA 2.0: A Tripartite Discussion on November 14, 2017
- Webinars Preparing for USMCA Day: Episode II - USMCA Customs Compliance and Automotive Rules of Origin
- Industry Alerts President Trump Announces Tariffs on Canadian Steel and Aluminum, Canada Quickly Retaliates With Tariffs on U.S. Imports: An Unprecedented Trade War Looms
- February 3, 2021 Webinars It's Not too Late to Ask for Help: Options for Owners as the Pandemic (Hopefully) Winds Down
- February 2, 2021 Webinars CUSBA Presents 9th Annual Cross-Border Economic Forecast
- January 21, 2021 Webinars Back to the Future: Biden’s Plans for Environmental Regulation and How it Affects Your Business
- January 15, 2021 In the News Flavia Campbell Named a Top 100 Lawyer in Arizona by Az Business
- January 15, 2021 Industry Alerts An Important Clarification of the Duty of Honest Contractual Performance
- January 14, 2021 Industry Alerts New Stimulus Bill Creates Small Claims Copyright Court