- Sparks, Andrew L. .
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Healthcare, Data Mining and Government Investigations webinar: Smoke Doesn't Always Mean Fire
on Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. EDT
These days the government regularly uses enormous repositories of big data to aid in their criminal and civil investigations. The tools available to officials and agencies are growing more sophisticated every day, making it easier to determine outliers as they relate to Medicare, Medicaid, opioid prescriptions, and more.
Kerry B. Harvey, a former U.S. Attorney from the Eastern District of Kentucky, and Andrew L. Sparks, an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Kentucky and Chief of the White Collar Fraud Section, will co-present this informative, deep dive into how the government uses data-mining to identify potential fraud cases. While smoke does not guarantee fire, you will learn how to best counsel your clients in the event they receive an inquiry from the government.
What you'll learn:
- Descriptions of the tools available and how the government receives and mines data
- What indicates an "outlier" and how the government proceeds once the data indicates one
- How the trial will play out; and what you as an attorney can expect and do to best advise your clients
Be sure to register today -- you won't want to miss this informative webinar! The webinar is complimentary, but registration is required. We're looking forward to your participation!
- Industry Alerts Preventing Overpayments from becoming False Claims
- May 20, 2021 Seminars Suzanne Sukkar and Christy McDonald to Speak at the ICLE Labor & Employment Law Institute
- April 14, 2021 Webinars A Shot in the Arm: Current COVID-19 Workplace Issues Webinar
- April 8, 2021 In the News Eight Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2021 Southwest Super Lawyers, Three Named Rising Stars
- April 07, 2021 Industry Alerts Reference re Greenhouse Gas Pollution Pricing Act – Supreme Court of Canada Rules Carbon Pricing Constitutional
- April 06, 2021 Industry Alerts SPAC Transactions Continue to Draw SEC’s Attention
- April 6, 2021 In the News Venroy July Joins Dickinson Wright Washington D.C. Office
- March 30, 2021 In the News Jake McMillian Joins Dickinson Wright as its First Director of Diversity and Inclusion
- March 29, 2021 Seminars Dickinson Wright to Host Virtual Discussion on Firm Life in Detroit for Black Law Student Association