Healthcare, Data Mining and Government Investigations webinar: Smoke Doesn't Always Mean Fire
on Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. EDT
These days the government regularly uses enormous repositories of big data to aid in their criminal and civil investigations. The tools available to officials and agencies are growing more sophisticated every day, making it easier to determine outliers as they relate to Medicare, Medicaid, opioid prescriptions, and more.
Kerry B. Harvey, a former U.S. Attorney from the Eastern District of Kentucky, and Andrew L. Sparks, an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Kentucky and Chief of the White Collar Fraud Section, will co-present this informative, deep dive into how the government uses data-mining to identify potential fraud cases. While smoke does not guarantee fire, you will learn how to best counsel your clients in the event they receive an inquiry from the government.
What you'll learn:
- Descriptions of the tools available and how the government receives and mines data
- What indicates an "outlier" and how the government proceeds once the data indicates one
- How the trial will play out; and what you as an attorney can expect and do to best advise your clients
Be sure to register today -- you won't want to miss this informative webinar! The webinar is complimentary, but registration is required. We're looking forward to your participation!
- May 21, 2019 Seminars Dickinson Wright to Host "Business in the Borderplex" Event in El Paso
- April 22, 2019 In the News Jeff Craven and Jonathan Redway Named 2019 Washington DC Super Lawyers
- April 22, 2019 In the News Eighteen Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2019 Southwest Super Lawyers, Two Named Rising Stars
- April 18, 2019 In the News Brenda Roubidoux Taylor Joins Dickinson Wright's Las Vegas Office
- April 2019 Industry Alerts How to Avoid Copyright Infringement of Online Image
- April 15, 2019 In the News Ten Practices in Dickinson Wright's Phoenix Office Ranked in the 2019 Ranking Arizona Guide
- April 15, 2019 Media Mentions Chantal Cipriano Quoted by Law Times on Single Event Sports Betting in Ontario
- April 15, 2019 Media Mentions Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted by Law360 Discussing Sports Betting
- April 11, 2019 Special Events 2019 ASPIRE Dealmakers Conference