Healthcare, Data Mining and Government Investigations webinar: Smoke Doesn't Always Mean Fire
on Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. EDT
These days the government regularly uses enormous repositories of big data to aid in their criminal and civil investigations. The tools available to officials and agencies are growing more sophisticated every day, making it easier to determine outliers as they relate to Medicare, Medicaid, opioid prescriptions, and more.
Kerry B. Harvey, a former U.S. Attorney from the Eastern District of Kentucky, and Andrew L. Sparks, an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Kentucky and Chief of the White Collar Fraud Section, will co-present this informative, deep dive into how the government uses data-mining to identify potential fraud cases. While smoke does not guarantee fire, you will learn how to best counsel your clients in the event they receive an inquiry from the government.
What you'll learn:
- Descriptions of the tools available and how the government receives and mines data
- What indicates an "outlier" and how the government proceeds once the data indicates one
- How the trial will play out; and what you as an attorney can expect and do to best advise your clients
Be sure to register today -- you won't want to miss this informative webinar! The webinar is complimentary, but registration is required. We're looking forward to your participation!
- September 19-20, 2019 Conferences NASCO Continental Reunion: Preserving the Past & Inspiring the Future
- September 17, 2019 Speaking Engagements William Honaker Authors “A Business Owner’s Guide to Intellectual Property: Turn Your Ideas Into Gold”
- September 16, 2019 In the News Andrew MacLeod Named President of the Association for Corporate Growth - Detroit Chapter
- September 16, 2019 In the News Charles Spies and Political Law Team Join Dickinson Wright PLLC
- September 2019 Media Mentions Ben Sobczak Quoted by Super Lawyers on Getting Involved in the Cannabis Industry
- September 14, 2019 Media Mentions William Honaker Published in IP Watchdog on Protecting Trade Secrets
- September 2019 Industry Alerts Ohio Enacts Sweeping Energy Legislation: HB 6 Bails Out Nuclear, Coal; Rolls Back Renewables and Energy Efficiency
- September 2019 Industry Alerts Nevada's New Privacy Bill Requires Website Operators That Collect Information About Consumers to Update Privacy Policies by October 1, 2019
- September 2019 Media Mentions Ben Bodamer Authors Column for The Columbus Dispatch on Hemp Legalization