Healthcare, Data Mining and Government Investigations webinar: Smoke Doesn't Always Mean Fire
on Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. EDT
These days the government regularly uses enormous repositories of big data to aid in their criminal and civil investigations. The tools available to officials and agencies are growing more sophisticated every day, making it easier to determine outliers as they relate to Medicare, Medicaid, opioid prescriptions, and more.
Kerry B. Harvey, a former U.S. Attorney from the Eastern District of Kentucky, and Andrew L. Sparks, an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Kentucky and Chief of the White Collar Fraud Section, will co-present this informative, deep dive into how the government uses data-mining to identify potential fraud cases. While smoke does not guarantee fire, you will learn how to best counsel your clients in the event they receive an inquiry from the government.
What you'll learn:
- Descriptions of the tools available and how the government receives and mines data
- What indicates an "outlier" and how the government proceeds once the data indicates one
- How the trial will play out; and what you as an attorney can expect and do to best advise your clients
Be sure to register today -- you won't want to miss this informative webinar! The webinar is complimentary, but registration is required. We're looking forward to your participation!
- March 07, 2019 Webinars The Anatomy of the Label and Package for Retail Food Products – A Legal Minefield
- February 18, 2019 In the News Monica Labe and Katheryne Zelenock Named to Crain's Detroit Business "Notable Women in Real Estate"
- February 2019 Industry Alerts The IRS and the FICA, FUTA and Federal Income Tax Traps for Employers with Non-Resident Alien Employees
- February 18, 2019 Media Mentions K. Lance Anderson and Brian Mangum Interviewed by Modern Healthcare for Article on Blockchain in the Healthcare Industry
- February 13, 2019 Speaking Engagements Doeren Mayhew M&A Breakfast Roundtable: Playing Your Trump Card
- February 13, 2019 Speaking Engagements Attorney Bill Rosin Speaks at Doeren Mayhew M&A Breakfast Roundtable: Playing Your Trump Card
- February 13, 2019 Media Mentions Gregory Moore Quoted in Crain's Detroit Business Article on Michigan's Mental Health Code
- February 12, 2019 In the News Intellectual Property Attorney Timothy Clise Joins Dickinson Wright's Troy Office
- February 12, 2019 Media Mentions Tim Gary Quoted in Accountable Care News "Thoughts Leaders' Corner"