Healthcare, Data Mining and Government Investigations webinar: Smoke Doesn't Always Mean Fire
on Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. EDT
These days the government regularly uses enormous repositories of big data to aid in their criminal and civil investigations. The tools available to officials and agencies are growing more sophisticated every day, making it easier to determine outliers as they relate to Medicare, Medicaid, opioid prescriptions, and more.
Kerry B. Harvey, a former U.S. Attorney from the Eastern District of Kentucky, and Andrew L. Sparks, an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Kentucky and Chief of the White Collar Fraud Section, will co-present this informative, deep dive into how the government uses data-mining to identify potential fraud cases. While smoke does not guarantee fire, you will learn how to best counsel your clients in the event they receive an inquiry from the government.
What you'll learn:
- Descriptions of the tools available and how the government receives and mines data
- What indicates an "outlier" and how the government proceeds once the data indicates one
- How the trial will play out; and what you as an attorney can expect and do to best advise your clients
Be sure to register today -- you won't want to miss this informative webinar! The webinar is complimentary, but registration is required. We're looking forward to your participation!
- December 13, 2018 In the News Attorney Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Speaks at 45th Annual Global Symposium
- December 13, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in Racing Publication Articles on Sports Betting
- December 2018 Industry Alerts Cybersecurity Update: First SEC Enforcement Action Involving the Identity Theft Red Flags Rule Results in Settlement
- December 2018 Industry Alerts Tax Court Rules Against Cannabis Dispensary
- December 12, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright Attorneys Work Recognized as Midwest Region Deal of the Year by The Bond Buyer
- December 12, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Richard Friedlander Quoted in AZ Business Article on the Legal Industry
- December 2018 Industry Alerts Congress Has Gotten Way Ahead of NHTSA on Drafting Standards for Safe Highly Automated Vehicles
- December 6, 2018 Webinars Telemedicine Hot Topics for Providers and Employers - What's Hot, What's Not, and What's New?
- December 6, 2018 In the News Attorney Melissa Breeden Joins Dickinson Wright’s Phoenix Office