- Sparks, Andrew L. .
Healthcare, Data Mining and Government Investigations webinar: Smoke Doesn't Always Mean Fire
on Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. EDT
These days the government regularly uses enormous repositories of big data to aid in their criminal and civil investigations. The tools available to officials and agencies are growing more sophisticated every day, making it easier to determine outliers as they relate to Medicare, Medicaid, opioid prescriptions, and more.
Kerry B. Harvey, a former U.S. Attorney from the Eastern District of Kentucky, and Andrew L. Sparks, an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Kentucky and Chief of the White Collar Fraud Section, will co-present this informative, deep dive into how the government uses data-mining to identify potential fraud cases. While smoke does not guarantee fire, you will learn how to best counsel your clients in the event they receive an inquiry from the government.
What you'll learn:
- Descriptions of the tools available and how the government receives and mines data
- What indicates an "outlier" and how the government proceeds once the data indicates one
- How the trial will play out; and what you as an attorney can expect and do to best advise your clients
Be sure to register today -- you won't want to miss this informative webinar! The webinar is complimentary, but registration is required. We're looking forward to your participation!
- February 19, 2020 Webinars Strategies to Protect Software Technology
- February 14, 2020 In the News Michael D. Lipton, Q.C. and Kathleen Campbell Walker Recognized in Chambers Global Guide 2020
- February 14, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in the 2020 Edition of the WTR 1000
- February 12, 2020 In the News Timothy Strong Joins Dickinson Wright’s Phoenix Office
- February 12, 2020 In the News Scott A. Petz Appointed to Electronic Discovery Reference Model 2020 Global Advisory Council
- February 10, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Announces New Staff Paid Parental Leave Policy
- February 2020 Media Mentions Dan Ujczo Quoted by Netsuite Brainyard on Approaching Ratification of USMCA
- February 6, 2020 In the News Six Intellectual Property Attorneys Join Dickinson Wright Ann Arbor Office
- February 6, 2020 In the News Katheryne L. Zelenock Elected to the Midwest Real Estate News Commercial Real Estate Hall of Fame