Healthcare, Data Mining and the Government: Smoke Doesn’t Always Mean Fire webinar on September 14, 2017
- Sparks, Andrew L. .
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Healthcare, Data Mining and Government Investigations webinar: Smoke Doesn't Always Mean Fire
on Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. EDT
These days the government regularly uses enormous repositories of big data to aid in their criminal and civil investigations. The tools available to officials and agencies are growing more sophisticated every day, making it easier to determine outliers as they relate to Medicare, Medicaid, opioid prescriptions, and more.
Kerry B. Harvey, a former U.S. Attorney from the Eastern District of Kentucky, and Andrew L. Sparks, an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Kentucky and Chief of the White Collar Fraud Section, will co-present this informative, deep dive into how the government uses data-mining to identify potential fraud cases. While smoke does not guarantee fire, you will learn how to best counsel your clients in the event they receive an inquiry from the government.
What you'll learn:
- Descriptions of the tools available and how the government receives and mines data
- What indicates an "outlier" and how the government proceeds once the data indicates one
- How the trial will play out; and what you as an attorney can expect and do to best advise your clients
Be sure to register today -- you won't want to miss this informative webinar! The webinar is complimentary, but registration is required. We're looking forward to your participation!
- Industry Alerts Preventing Overpayments from becoming False Claims
- March 22, 2023 Media Mentions Kris Beecher has been quoted in an article by the Arizona Republic, "Native leaders are watching new lawmaker who represents more than half of Arizona's tribes.”
- March 22, 2023 In the News Leslee Lewis Named a “Notable West Michigan Lawyer” by Crain’s Grand Rapids Business
- March 22, 2023 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2023 Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- March 22, 2023 Media Mentions Joseph Silvia has been quoted in the S&P Global article, “'Small universe' of buyers available for Silicon Valley Bank.”
- March 21, 2023 In the News Sara Radcliffe Joins Dickinson Wright Columbus Office
- March 21, 2023 Media Mentions Joseph Silvia was recently quoted in the Business Insider article, "How shadow bankers are already emerging as winners in the SVB collapse.”
- March 21, 2023 In the News Matthew McLeod Joins Dickinson Wright LLP
- March 2023 Industry Alerts How to Screw up a Good Thing – What the Financial Industry Should Consider in the Wake of Credit Suisse