- Sparks, Andrew L. .
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Healthcare, Data Mining and Government Investigations webinar: Smoke Doesn't Always Mean Fire
on Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. EDT
These days the government regularly uses enormous repositories of big data to aid in their criminal and civil investigations. The tools available to officials and agencies are growing more sophisticated every day, making it easier to determine outliers as they relate to Medicare, Medicaid, opioid prescriptions, and more.
Kerry B. Harvey, a former U.S. Attorney from the Eastern District of Kentucky, and Andrew L. Sparks, an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Kentucky and Chief of the White Collar Fraud Section, will co-present this informative, deep dive into how the government uses data-mining to identify potential fraud cases. While smoke does not guarantee fire, you will learn how to best counsel your clients in the event they receive an inquiry from the government.
What you'll learn:
- Descriptions of the tools available and how the government receives and mines data
- What indicates an "outlier" and how the government proceeds once the data indicates one
- How the trial will play out; and what you as an attorney can expect and do to best advise your clients
Be sure to register today -- you won't want to miss this informative webinar! The webinar is complimentary, but registration is required. We're looking forward to your participation!
- Industry Alerts Preventing Overpayments from becoming False Claims
- June 29, 2022 Seminars Last Chance Free CLE
- June 28, 2022 Media Mentions Wendy Hulton Quoted by Canadian Lawyer Magazine on Proposed Federal Privacy Law
- June 27, 2022 In the News Dennis Archer Receives Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2022 Burton Awards
- June 24, 2022 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers
- June 24, 2022 Media Mentions Jennifer Ko Craft Quoted by Law360 on 'Juneteenth' Ice Cream Trademark Debate
- June 22, 2022 In the News Cindy Villanueva Named “Class of 2022 40 Under 40” Honoree by Phoenix Business Journal
- June 22, 2022 Media Mentions James Tyrrell Quoted in Law360 on Joining Dickinson Wright's Political Law Practice
- June 16, 2022 Webinars Dickinson Wright Health Care Webinar Series: Monopoly Money: Do Non-Compete Agreements Violate Antitrust Laws and if so, How?