From NAFTA to CETA: How Canadian and U.S. Businesses Can Leverage a New Era in Global Trade
Please join us for a complimentary webinar!
Tuesday, May 16, 2017
1:00 p.m. EDT - 2:30 p.m. EDT
Presented by Dickinson Wright Attorneys: Brenda Swick (Partner, Toronto), Dan Ujczo (Of Counsel and Cross-Border Business Development Director, Columbus), and Michael Weinczok (Financial Services and Insolvency Partner, Toronto).
The first months of 2017 demonstrate a period of shifting political and global trade policies. In this once-in-a-generation trade moment, there's a great deal to consider. We invite you to join us for an informative complimentary webinar with our attorneys in Canada and the U.S. as they explain how to navigate through these shifting policies and the impacts on your global supply chains.
This webinar will discuss the opportunities and challenges presented by Canada's new and existing North American and European trade agreements including:
- Using Canada's trading agreements as a platform for North American and global production
- An overview of the Canada-European-Union (EU) Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) which offers Canadian exporters a European market with a GDP of $16 trillion and 500 million European consumers and when it is expected to come into force
- Market access opportunities (95% of Canada-EU trade will be free upon CETA coming into force)
- New opportunities for Canadian exporters to sell to European governments
- NAFTA/CETA rules of origin and other developments in areas such as intellectual property
This event is complimentary, however registration is required. We're looking forward to your participation!
- July 20, 2018 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Northern California Super Lawyers
- July 20, 2018 In the News Lisa D. Duran Named a 2018 Most Influential Woman in Arizona Business
- July 18, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Alan Litwack Quoted in the Marijuana Business Daily Article “Cannabis Boom or Bust: How US Firms Could be Affected by Canada’s Adult-Use Market”
- July 17, 2018 In the News Attorney Blair Gould Joins Dickinson Wright's Troy Office
- July 16, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Featured in Video Relating to the Recent Legalization of Sports Betting
- July 15- 16, 2018 Special Events Sparky Anderson CATCH Charity Golf Prelude Party and Golf Classic
- July 2018 Industry Alerts California’s Data Privacy Law: What It Is and How to Comply (A Step-By-Step Guide)
- July 2018 Industry Alerts New Section 301 Tariffs Proposed for $200 Billion of Chinese Goods
- July 12, 2018 In the News Attorney Rock Wood Joins Dickinson Wright's Grand Rapids Office