From NAFTA to CETA: How Canadian and U.S. Businesses Can Leverage a New Era in Global Trade
Please join us for a complimentary webinar!
Tuesday, May 16, 2017
1:00 p.m. EDT - 2:30 p.m. EDT
Presented by Dickinson Wright Attorneys: Brenda Swick (Partner, Toronto), Dan Ujczo (Of Counsel and Cross-Border Business Development Director, Columbus), and Michael Weinczok (Financial Services and Insolvency Partner, Toronto).
The first months of 2017 demonstrate a period of shifting political and global trade policies. In this once-in-a-generation trade moment, there's a great deal to consider. We invite you to join us for an informative complimentary webinar with our attorneys in Canada and the U.S. as they explain how to navigate through these shifting policies and the impacts on your global supply chains.
This webinar will discuss the opportunities and challenges presented by Canada's new and existing North American and European trade agreements including:
- Using Canada's trading agreements as a platform for North American and global production
- An overview of the Canada-European-Union (EU) Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) which offers Canadian exporters a European market with a GDP of $16 trillion and 500 million European consumers and when it is expected to come into force
- Market access opportunities (95% of Canada-EU trade will be free upon CETA coming into force)
- New opportunities for Canadian exporters to sell to European governments
- NAFTA/CETA rules of origin and other developments in areas such as intellectual property
This event is complimentary, however registration is required. We're looking forward to your participation!
- Seminars ACG NY and Toronto Joint Event on March 23, 2018
- Webinars NAFTA Modernization Round IV: NAFTA Next, No NAFTA, or NAFTA 'Notty' Webinar on October 27, 2017
- Conferences Bicontinental Automotive Summit on September 28, 2017
- September 23, 2020 Webinars Political and Policy Advocacy for 501[c](4) Organizations in Kentucky
- September 18, 2020 In the News Fifty-Two Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2020 Michigan Super Lawyers, Twenty-Five Named Rising Stars
- September 18, 2020 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named to Michigan Super Lawyers 2020 Top Lists
- September 16, 2020 Industry Alerts WTO Ruling Finds U.S. in Violation of International Regulations by Imposing Section 301 Tariffs on Chinese Imports | 世贸组织裁决美国对华征收301条款关税违反国际法规
- September 15, 2020 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in the 2021 Edition of Chambers Canada
- September 15, 2020 In the News Jacob Frenkel to Testify on Capitol Hill for Investor Protection, Entrepreneurship and Capital Markets Congressional Subcommittee