Automation Alley, 2675 Bellingham Drive, Troy, Michigan, 48083
Registration begins at 9:00 AM
A continental breakfast will be served.
There is increasing focus on retirement plan investments and participant fees. Employers and their employees responsible for selecting investment options and service providers must comply with Department of Labor fee disclosure regulations and a possible new investment fiduciary regulation. Employer investment fiduciaries also face the risk of being sued for allegedly requiring participants to pay excessive fees for plan investments and record keeping. Recent settlements in these types of lawsuits (Lockheed $62 million, Boeing $57 million) make it increasingly important for employer investment fiduciaries to fully understand their obligations and implement investment and fee best practices.
This program is intended for employers who sponsor 401(k), 403(b) and other retirement plans, their plan investment committee members and other employees with plan investment fund oversight responsibility. The program will:
- Review ERISA’s basic fiduciary duty obligations that apply to employer retirement plan investment fiduciaries
- Explain how to implement investment fiduciary best practices including committee formation and function, effective decision making, documenting compliance and responding to participant or Department of Labor questions
- Review the current participant fee litigation environment and what steps employers and their investment fiduciaries can take to minimize their litigation risk and improve investment function, including what services and assistance they should expect from their investment advisers and other professional consultants
TO REGISTER FOR THIS SEMINAR: Contact Mellissa Boyd at 313.223.3125or firstname.lastname@example.org
- December 6, 2018 Webinars Telemedicine Hot Topics for Providers and Employers - What's Hot, What's Not, and What's New?
- October 25, 2018 Seminars Dickinson Wright to Host Sunrise Seminar on "The Top 10 Insider Tips for Operating a Gold Standard 401(k) and 403(b) Retirement Plan"
- April 25, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Jordan Schreier Quoted in the Law360 Article, “3 Gray Areas ERISA Lawyers Want Cleared Up”
- March 2018 Industry Alerts Final ERISA Claims Procedures for Plans Providing Disability Benefits Effective April 1, 2018
- December 29, 2017 Industry Alerts Tax Reform: The Five Big Changes Affecting Employee Benefits
- December 2017 Industry Alerts It’s Official - Implementation of Final Rule on Disability Claims Procedures Formally Delayed
- June, 2017 Industry Alerts Arizona's Paid Sick Day Requirements - Effective July 1, 2017
- May 2017 Industry Alerts The Department of Labor Confirms June 9th as the Effective Date of the Fiduciary Rule: What Employers Need to Know Now
- December 2016 Industry Alerts Small Employer Standalone HRA Allowed by New Law