Automation Alley, 2675 Bellingham Drive, Troy, Michigan, 48083
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Registration begins at 9:00 AM
A continental breakfast will be served.
There is increasing focus on retirement plan investments and participant fees. Employers and their employees responsible for selecting investment options and service providers must comply with Department of Labor fee disclosure regulations and a possible new investment fiduciary regulation. Employer investment fiduciaries also face the risk of being sued for allegedly requiring participants to pay excessive fees for plan investments and record keeping. Recent settlements in these types of lawsuits (Lockheed $62 million, Boeing $57 million) make it increasingly important for employer investment fiduciaries to fully understand their obligations and implement investment and fee best practices.
This program is intended for employers who sponsor 401(k), 403(b) and other retirement plans, their plan investment committee members and other employees with plan investment fund oversight responsibility. The program will:
- Review ERISA’s basic fiduciary duty obligations that apply to employer retirement plan investment fiduciaries
- Explain how to implement investment fiduciary best practices including committee formation and function, effective decision making, documenting compliance and responding to participant or Department of Labor questions
- Review the current participant fee litigation environment and what steps employers and their investment fiduciaries can take to minimize their litigation risk and improve investment function, including what services and assistance they should expect from their investment advisers and other professional consultants
TO REGISTER FOR THIS SEMINAR: Contact Mellissa Boyd at 313.223.3125or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Industry Alerts The DOL Proposes New “Notice and Access” Electronic Disclosure Rules for Retirement Plans, but Numerous Questions and Issues Remain
- Seminars Dickinson Wright to Host Sunrise Seminar on "The Top 10 Insider Tips for Operating a Gold Standard 401(k) and 403(b) Retirement Plan"
- Industry Alerts Final ERISA Claims Procedures for Plans Providing Disability Benefits Effective April 1, 2018
- March 23, 2021 Industry Alerts New COBRA Subsidy Available April 1, 2021
- March 22, 2021 Industry Alerts Group Health Plan Transparency Disclosure Rules Finalized: What Plan Sponsors Should Know
- March 12, 2021 Industry Alerts IRS Issues Guidance on the CAA Changes for Flexible Spending Accounts: Good News for Participants but Additional Administrative Challenges for Plan Sponsors
- June 24, 2020 In the News Cynthia Moore Selected as a Member of the Michigan Lawyers Weekly Class of 2020 Hall of Fame
- April 23, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2020 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- April 15, 2020 Webinars An Employer’s Guide to the Employee Benefits Provisions of the CARES Act and Other COVID-19 Benefits Concerns