- Petz, Scott A.
The Capital Grille, 2800 W Big Beaver Rd, Troy, Michigan, 48084
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Thursday, October 26, 2017, at 12:00pm
at: The Capital Grille
2800 W Big Beaver Rd.
Troy, MI 48084
Please join us for our Speaker Series Event at The Capital Grille. Scott A. Petz (Member, Troy) will be co-presenting this session's topic, "eDiscovery and Ethical Considerations for Social Media."
Social media presents dynamic and complex challenges for even seasoned eDiscovery practitioners. Preservation and production difficulties abound, particularly with the proliferation of social messaging applications among consumers and businesses over the past few years. Fold in ethical issues, together with the byzantine framework of the Stored Communications Act, and it becomes readily apparent why social media presents unique discovery challenges to counsel and clients. This program will analyze these issues and provide both practical and ethical insights on a particularly compelling discovery practice area.
Topics covered include:
- A general overview of the different categories of social media now subject to discovery.
- Preservation and production standards and how they are affected by ethical considerations.
- Considerations for navigating the complexities of the Stored Communications Act.
The cost to attend and lunch are complimentary; however, registration is required. Please click here to sign up today!
- Special Events ACEDS Detroit Event on June 20, 2017
- Industry Alerts 2020 Changes to Civil Discovery in Michigan: Are You Ready? We Are!
- Seminars Dickinson Wright to Host Sunrise Seminar on "The Top 10 Insider Tips for Operating a Gold Standard 401(k) and 403(b) Retirement Plan"
- February 1, 2022 Webinars CUSBA 10th Annual Cross Border Economic Forecast
- January 27, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Earns Fifth Consecutive 100 Score in Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Annual Corporate Equality Index
- January 26, 2022 In the News Jay Campbell Joins Dickinson Wright as a Member
- January 2022 Industry Alerts Dickinson Wright COVID-19 Resource Guide
- January 20, 2022 In the News Mark Heusel Presents "North America's Drive Towards Electrification: How East Asia Factors into the Equation" Webinar
- January 20, 2022 Media Mentions Josh Burgener Named to Nashville Business Journal's 40 Under 40 List