- Petz, Scott A.
The Capital Grille, 2800 W Big Beaver Rd, Troy, Michigan, 48084
Thursday, October 26, 2017, at 12:00pm
at: The Capital Grille
2800 W Big Beaver Rd.
Troy, MI 48084
Please join us for our Speaker Series Event at The Capital Grille. Scott A. Petz (Member, Troy) will be co-presenting this session's topic, "eDiscovery and Ethical Considerations for Social Media."
Social media presents dynamic and complex challenges for even seasoned eDiscovery practitioners. Preservation and production difficulties abound, particularly with the proliferation of social messaging applications among consumers and businesses over the past few years. Fold in ethical issues, together with the byzantine framework of the Stored Communications Act, and it becomes readily apparent why social media presents unique discovery challenges to counsel and clients. This program will analyze these issues and provide both practical and ethical insights on a particularly compelling discovery practice area.
Topics covered include:
- A general overview of the different categories of social media now subject to discovery.
- Preservation and production standards and how they are affected by ethical considerations.
- Considerations for navigating the complexities of the Stored Communications Act.
The cost to attend and lunch are complimentary; however, registration is required. Please click here to sign up today!
- March 07, 2019 Webinars The Anatomy of the Label and Package for Retail Food Products – A Legal Minefield
- February 13, 2019 Speaking Engagements Doeren Mayhew M&A Breakfast Roundtable: Playing Your Trump Card
- February 13, 2019 Speaking Engagements Attorney Bill Rosin Speaks at Doeren Mayhew M&A Breakfast Roundtable: Playing Your Trump Card
- February 13, 2019 Media Mentions Gregory Moore Quoted in Crain's Detroit Business Article on Michigan's Mental Health Code
- February 12, 2019 In the News Intellectual Property Attorney Timothy Clise Joins Dickinson Wright's Troy Office
- February 12, 2019 Media Mentions Tim Gary Quoted in Accountable Care News "Thoughts Leaders' Corner"
- February 11, 2019 In the News Scott Holcomb Presented “Procurement Simplified and Examined: Understanding Terms, Time and Thought Behind the Process” at the 2019 Risk Management Summit
- February 11, 2019 In the News Austen Adams and Cam Caldwell Close Filmore Deal
- February 11, 2019 Media Mentions Jonathan Redway Quoted in Wired Article on AT&T 5G Claims