- Petz, Scott A.
The Capital Grille, 2800 W Big Beaver Rd, Troy, Michigan, 48084
Thursday, October 26, 2017, at 12:00pm
at: The Capital Grille
2800 W Big Beaver Rd.
Troy, MI 48084
Please join us for our Speaker Series Event at The Capital Grille. Scott A. Petz (Member, Troy) will be co-presenting this session's topic, "eDiscovery and Ethical Considerations for Social Media."
Social media presents dynamic and complex challenges for even seasoned eDiscovery practitioners. Preservation and production difficulties abound, particularly with the proliferation of social messaging applications among consumers and businesses over the past few years. Fold in ethical issues, together with the byzantine framework of the Stored Communications Act, and it becomes readily apparent why social media presents unique discovery challenges to counsel and clients. This program will analyze these issues and provide both practical and ethical insights on a particularly compelling discovery practice area.
Topics covered include:
- A general overview of the different categories of social media now subject to discovery.
- Preservation and production standards and how they are affected by ethical considerations.
- Considerations for navigating the complexities of the Stored Communications Act.
The cost to attend and lunch are complimentary; however, registration is required. Please click here to sign up today!
- September 19-20, 2019 Conferences NASCO Continental Reunion: Preserving the Past & Inspiring the Future
- September 17, 2019 Speaking Engagements William Honaker Authors “A Business Owner’s Guide to Intellectual Property: Turn Your Ideas Into Gold”
- September 16, 2019 In the News Andrew MacLeod Named President of the Association for Corporate Growth - Detroit Chapter
- September 16, 2019 In the News Charles Spies and Political Law Team Join Dickinson Wright PLLC
- September 2019 Media Mentions Ben Sobczak Quoted by Super Lawyers on Getting Involved in the Cannabis Industry
- September 14, 2019 Media Mentions William Honaker Published in IP Watchdog on Protecting Trade Secrets
- September 2019 Industry Alerts Ohio Enacts Sweeping Energy Legislation: HB 6 Bails Out Nuclear, Coal; Rolls Back Renewables and Energy Efficiency
- September 2019 Industry Alerts Nevada's New Privacy Bill Requires Website Operators That Collect Information About Consumers to Update Privacy Policies by October 1, 2019
- September 2019 Media Mentions Ben Bodamer Authors Column for The Columbus Dispatch on Hemp Legalization