- Petz, Scott A.
The Capital Grille, 2800 W Big Beaver Rd, Troy, Michigan, 48084
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Thursday, October 26, 2017, at 12:00pm
at: The Capital Grille
2800 W Big Beaver Rd.
Troy, MI 48084
Please join us for our Speaker Series Event at The Capital Grille. Scott A. Petz (Member, Troy) will be co-presenting this session's topic, "eDiscovery and Ethical Considerations for Social Media."
Social media presents dynamic and complex challenges for even seasoned eDiscovery practitioners. Preservation and production difficulties abound, particularly with the proliferation of social messaging applications among consumers and businesses over the past few years. Fold in ethical issues, together with the byzantine framework of the Stored Communications Act, and it becomes readily apparent why social media presents unique discovery challenges to counsel and clients. This program will analyze these issues and provide both practical and ethical insights on a particularly compelling discovery practice area.
Topics covered include:
- A general overview of the different categories of social media now subject to discovery.
- Preservation and production standards and how they are affected by ethical considerations.
- Considerations for navigating the complexities of the Stored Communications Act.
The cost to attend and lunch are complimentary; however, registration is required. Please click here to sign up today!
- Special Events ACEDS Detroit Event on June 20, 2017
- Industry Alerts 2020 Changes to Civil Discovery in Michigan: Are You Ready? We Are!
- Seminars Dickinson Wright to Host Sunrise Seminar on "The Top 10 Insider Tips for Operating a Gold Standard 401(k) and 403(b) Retirement Plan"
- November 3, 2021 Webinars Protecting Software Intellectual Property in Electric and Autonomous Vehicle Technologies
- November 03, 2021 Webinars Automotive Industry Electrification: Protecting Software Intellectual Property in Electric and Autonomous Vehicle Technologies | 電気および自動運転車技術におけるソフトウェアの知的財産の保護
- October 20, 2021 Webinars North America's Drive Towards Electrification: How East Asia Factors into the Equation
- October 20, 2021 Webinars Automotive Industry Electrification: North America's Drive Towards Electrification: How East Asia Factors into the Equation | 北米の電動化への動き: 東アジアではどうなるのか
- October 14, 2021 Media Mentions Jeff Silver Interviewed in Nevada Newsmakers on His Career
- October 08, 2021 Industry Alerts Key September USCIS Process Updates