- Petz, Scott A.
The Capital Grille, 2800 W Big Beaver Rd, Troy, Michigan, 48084
Thursday, October 26, 2017, at 12:00pm
at: The Capital Grille
2800 W Big Beaver Rd.
Troy, MI 48084
Please join us for our Speaker Series Event at The Capital Grille. Scott A. Petz (Member, Troy) will be co-presenting this session's topic, "eDiscovery and Ethical Considerations for Social Media."
Social media presents dynamic and complex challenges for even seasoned eDiscovery practitioners. Preservation and production difficulties abound, particularly with the proliferation of social messaging applications among consumers and businesses over the past few years. Fold in ethical issues, together with the byzantine framework of the Stored Communications Act, and it becomes readily apparent why social media presents unique discovery challenges to counsel and clients. This program will analyze these issues and provide both practical and ethical insights on a particularly compelling discovery practice area.
Topics covered include:
- A general overview of the different categories of social media now subject to discovery.
- Preservation and production standards and how they are affected by ethical considerations.
- Considerations for navigating the complexities of the Stored Communications Act.
The cost to attend and lunch are complimentary; however, registration is required. Please click here to sign up today!
- March 14, 2020 Industry Alerts Dickinson Wright U.S. - (COVID-19) Office Update
- March 14, 2020 Dickinson Wright Canada - (COVID-19) Office Update
- March 16, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Closing All 18 Physical Locations
- April 2, 2020 Conferences Dickinson Wright Sponsoring the 2020 Smart Business Dealmakers Conference
- March 2020 Industry Alerts The Crisis Lurking Within: Force Majeure and the Coronavirus
- March 2020 Industry Alerts Critical COVID-19 Guidance for Certain Foreign Workers
- March 2020 Congress Working to Pass the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”)
- March 2020 Industry Alerts M&A Practices in a Post-COVID-19 World
- March 2020 Industry Alerts A Realistic Survival Option For Small Businesses – Relief Under The Small Business Reorganization Act