Emerging businesses have specialized needs and challenges.
Dickinson Wright understands this, and has helped hundreds of start-up companies across numerous industries position themselves for strong growth while avoiding legal pitfalls. Our experienced team provides sophisticated yet cost-effective legal advice on everything from entity selection and business formation to venture capital and business transitions. We offer our clients a wide breadth of experience, whether they are starting a new business, purchasing an existing business or growing an emerging business.
Emerging businesses also benefit from Dickinson Wright’s expertise in related areas, including: immigration, benefit plans, employment matters and intellectual property.
Among the emerging business practice’s areas of expertise are:
- Organizing corporations and limited liability companies, including: drafting articles, bylaws, operating agreements, shareholder buy and sell agreements, compensation agreements, tax registrations and resolutions.
- Qualifying and organizing a variety of nonprofit organizations, including: schools, arts organizations, business societies, veterans’ organizations, charities and churches.
- Providing advice and counseling on company financings, including: founders’ stock, pre-seed and seed capital, angel rounds and venture capital placements, and related corporate governance issues.
- Drafting commercial documents, including: purchase orders, invoices, sales contracts, terms and conditions, licensing agreements, sales representative, distribution, supplier/customer, consignment and professional services agreements.
- Providing assistance with business succession plans, buyouts, shareholder agreements, business contracts and employee stock/option incentive plans.