Kathy Le is an Associate in the Toronto office of Dickinson Wright. Her practice includes a variety of corporate and commercial matters with a focus on commercial agreements, corporate governance, reorganizations, succession planning, mergers and acquisitions and securities.
Representative matters include advising individuals and businesses in connection with:
- Incorporation, organization and day-to-day corporate governance.
- Ownership agreements (shareholder, partnership and joint venture agreements).
- Purchase and sale agreements (share and asset purchase agreements).
- Commercial agreements (franchise, distribution, licensing and confidentiality agreements).
- Corporate reorganizations and restructurings.
- Succession and estate planning.
- Applications for charitable status registration.
- Foreign investments in Canadian companies.
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of Upper Canada, Member
- Ontario Bar Association, Member
- Women Business Enterprises Canada Council (WBE Canada), Certification Committee Member
- Co-Presenter – “Common Challenges in Franchise and Not-For-Profit Practice,” The Institute of Legal Clerks of Ontario – Advanced Corporate Program, November 2015.
- Co-Author – Michael Weinczok and Kathy Le, “Canada” in Gregor Baer and Karen O'Flynn, Financing Company Group Restructurings, (UK: Oxford University Press, 2015).
- Co-Author – David Preger and Kathy Le, “Priority Issues under the Construction Lien Act” (Paper delivered at the Law Society of Upper Canada, Commercial Priorities for Real Estate and Business Lawyers 2015, 24 February 2015).