Elon UniversityB.A., Political Science, 2009
Capital University Law SchoolJ.D., 2015
- Summa Cum Laude
- Capital University Law Review Associate Editor and Staff Member
- Recipient of CALI Awards for Excellence in Contracts, Torts, Secured Transactions, and Employment Law.
- Order of the Curia
Will represents all manner of interests before the State General Assembly and state executive agencies, including:
- Advocates policies and legislation impacting education and workforce development, in part through his representation of the Ohio Association of Career Technical Education, and the statewide association of public Joint Vocational School Districts (“JVSDs”).
- Advocates a wide array of energy issues on behalf of stakeholders in the renewable energy industry, including several wind and solar developers active in Ohio.
- Advocates alcohol issues on behalf of a major national brewer with an Ohio manufacturing facility.
- Advocates insurance issues on behalf of the state’s largest self-insured Professional Employer Organization.
- Advocates on behalf of stakeholders in the healthcare industry, construction industry, aerospace / aviation industry, and Cannabis / HEMP industry.
- Advocates on behalf of several not-for-profit institutions.
Will’s government relations services include assisting clients with the development and implementation of effective legislative strategy, drafting legislation and amendments, meeting with and otherwise identifying key elected officials / regulators / decision-makers who can impact clients and their issues, providing analysis of pending legislation, organizing support and guiding bills throughout the legislative process, crafting and presenting client testimony / position papers, and monitoring and evaluating committee hearings and legislative sessions. Will also assists clients in proactively building relationships with Ohio’s policymakers and guiding the development of their short and long-term government relations plans.
Will also advises clients on energy and utility matters, including litigation before the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio and the Ohio Power Siting Board. His experience includes representing several wind and solar developers in obtaining construction permits for electric generation facilities, as well as testifying / commenting on various stakeholder proposals before the PUCO.
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- The Jefferson Avenue Center for Learning & the Arts, Board of Trustees, 2016-present
- The Jefferson Township Land Conservation Association, Board of Trustees, 2016-present
- Co-Author, “Ohio Legislature Adopts New Wind and Solar Siting Law S.B. 52 Requires County Commission Approval,” Dickinson Wright News Alert, June 2021
- Unreasonable State Restrictions on Business Transactions: The Enforceability of Noncompete Agreements Post-Merger or Acquisition, 43 Cap. U. L. Rev. 721 (2015)
- Ohio Passes Preemption Legislation, Blocking Minimum Wage Hike and Other Local Employer Restriction Proposals, Dickinson Wright Labor and Employment Client Alert, December 21, 2016
- Governor Kasich Signs Legislation Expanding Concealed Carry Laws for Employers Across Ohio, Dickinson Wright Labor and Employment Client Alert, January 5, 2016
- Ohio Association of Career Technical Education Summer Conference, 2016
- Ohio Association of Career Technical Administrators Summer Conference, 2016
- Career Technical and Adult Education Legislative Seminar, 2017