Education & Credentials
DePaul UniversityB.A., 1977
- With Honors
DePaul UniversityM.S.A., 1979
- With Honors
John Marshall Law SchoolJ.D., 1983
- Law Review
Georgetown University Law SchoolLL.M., 1990
- District of Columbia1988
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Securities, Corporate, M&A
- Michigan Super Lawyers®
- Securities & Corporate Finance Law, 2009-2015
- DBusiness Magazine
- "Top Lawyers," Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2023
- Akebono Brake Industry Co., Ltd.
- Brite Financial Services, LLC
- CARite Holdings, LLC
- Continental Capital Realty
- GMA Garnet Group
- Health Management Associates
- Roth Capital Partners
Counsel to various issuers and underwriters in connection with initial and secondary public offerings, registered direct and PIPE offerings.
Counsel to numerous issuers in connection with their domestic and offshore private equity transactions.
Counsel to various publicly-traded and closely-held buy-side and sell-side clients in connection with their mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, divestitures, spinoffs, and recapitalizations.
Counsel to multiple borrowers in connection with their senior debt, mezzanine debt, venture capital, and other corporate financings.
Counsel to several management groups in connection with their leveraged buyout transactions.
Counsel to borrowers in connection with their asset securitization, sale-leaseback, and off-balance sheet equipment leasing transactions.
Counsel to numerous corporate and partnership clients in a general counsel capacity, including corporate governance, employment, licensing, commercial contracting, antitrust, and regulatory matters.
Counsel to various parties in connection with their domestic and international joint ventures and strategic alliances.
Counsel to registered broker-dealers and investment advisors and sponsors of private equity funds, derivative securities, and foreign currency option products.
- Michigan, Colorado, and District of Columbia Bar Associations
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Wayne State University Law School, "Securities Regulation" course, 1992-2000
- Presenter, "De-Mystifying IPOs," 2015 Midwest Securities Law Institute - Michigan State University
- Author, "Raising Private Capital for Early Stage Businesses: Online Offerings, Angel Networks and Matching Services," Washtenaw County Legal News, August 11, 2005
- Author, "Validity Challenges to SEC Rule 14e-3," The John Marshall Law Review, Vol. 23:3, 1990
- Author of articles for OTC Stock Journal, Corporate Detroit, and The Entrepreneur Network, 1991-1997
- Author, "Expanding Antifraud Protection: The Pledge of Stock under Sections 17(a) and 10(b) of the Securities Acts," The John Marshall Law Review, Vol. 15:2, 1982
- Featured speaker, several local network and syndicated business television programs
- Panelist/moderator, various emerging business roundtables, ICLE and other commercial seminars