Jared provides straightforward and effective advice to business entities and individuals in transactional, corporate and information technology matters. Prior to joining Dickinson Wright, Jared served as in-house counsel for IBM where he gained extensive experience in reviewing and negotiating software, technology, financing and services contracts, as well as drafting and evaluating contract terms, work orders and statements of work. Since joining the firm, Jared has expanded his practice and developed his focus in mergers and acquisitions, brewing regulations, joint ventures, corporate finance and securities, corporate governance and compliance matters.
- cum laude
The Ohio State University, Moritz College of LawJ.D.
- cum laude
- Technology Editor for the Ohio State Law Journal
- President of the Sports and Entertainment Law Association
- DBusiness Magazine
- "Top Lawyer," Corporate and Information Technology Law
- Information technology issues, including cloud-based systems, software as a service, IT outsourcing, web hosting, data privacy and data security, enterprise resource planning, electronic medical records and e-billing software, social media metrics and digital marketing
- Entity governance documents, such as bylaws, operating agreements, shareholder agreements and buy-sell agreements
- Design, manufacturing and distribution agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions and joint venture relationships
- Alternating proprietorship and contract brewing relationships
- Business and corporate planning issues, including business formation, corporate governance and dissolution strategy for all entity types
- Intellectual property related business transactions, including non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, inbound and outbound intellectual property licenses, joint development issues and infringement claims
- Private offering issues, including fund formation, offering memorandums, required SEC filings and compliance with blue sky laws
- Sales and purchases of stock, membership interests and partnership interests
- Economic incentives in connection with direct business investment throughout the U.S.
- Federated identity management programs that provide access to protected resources through trusted sets of identification information
- Co-Author, “Breaking into the Craft Brewing Industry in Michigan: What Strategic Arrangement is Right for You?” Dickinson Wright Client Alert (October 2016)
- Co-Author, “Amendments to the Michigan Nonprofit Corporations Act,” Dickinson Wright Client Alert (April 2015)
- Author, “HIPAA Violation Results in $4.8 Million Settlement: An IT Perspective,” Med Monthly (November 2014)
- Presenter, "Are You HIPAA-notized yet?," Dickinson Wright Healthcare Seminar (September 2014)
- Co-Author, “SEC Adopts Long-Awaited Final Rule Removing Ban on General Solicitation in Rule 506 Private Offerings,” Dickinson Wright Client Alert (July 2013)