Elizabeth Luckenbach is a member in the firm’s Troy office, where she specializes in probate and fiduciary litigation, trust and estate administration, estate planning, and special needs planning. With more than 20 years of experience representing fiduciaries and individuals in all aspects of litigation, administration, and planning, Liz works tirelessly to advocate for her clients, treating each of them with the individual attention they deserve. Rated by Martindale Hubbell® as an “AV/Preeminent Attorney®” because of her professionalism, preparedness, diligence, and skills as an advocate, Liz is respected by both her peers and the judiciary for the common sense and empathy she brings to the courtroom along with her ability to relate to her clients and help them stay focused on achieving their goals.
Liz is a Past President of the Wayne County Probate Bar Association, a Director of the Oakland County Bar Association and a Trustee of the Oakland County Bar Foundation. In 2019 she was ranked by Michigan Super Lawyers® among the top 50 Women Lawyers in Michigan and the top 100 Lawyers in Michigan in the area of Estate and Trust Litigation.
Michigan State UniversityB.A.
DePaul University College of LawJ.D.
- Leading Lawyers—Michigan Edition 2019 & 2020
- Michigan Super Lawyers, "Top 50 Women Lawyers in Michigan" and "Top 100 Lawyers in Michigan," 2019
- Best Lawyers in America, 2016-present
- OCBA’s Distinguished Service Award 2014 & 2013
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly, Women In The Law, 2013
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly, Leaders in the Law, 2005
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2010-present
- AV/Preeminent Attorney® as rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
State Bar of Michigan – Member
State Bar Foundation – Fellow
Oakland County Bar Association – Director
Oakland County Bar Foundation – Life Fellow, Trustee & Past President
OCBA’s Inns of Court – Member
Wayne County Probate Bar Association – Board Member and Past President
State Bar of Michigan Elder Law and Advocacy Section – Member
State Bar of Michigan Probate & Estate Planning Section – Member
- Children’s Center for Wayne County – Board Member
- Birmingham Athletic Club – Member and Past President
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
Liz is a frequent speaker on topics in the areas of probate and fiduciary litigation, trust and estate administration, estate planning, and special needs planning. Additionally, she has authored or co-authored the following publications of note:
“Revocable Trusts: Michigan, Practical Law State Q&A, ”Thomson Reuters (2018)
“Probate: Michigan, Practical Law State Q&A,” Thomson Reuters (2018)
“Wills: Michigan, Practical Law State Q&A,” Thomson Reuters (2019)
"Last Will & Testament Line by Line, A Detailed Look at Last Wills & Testaments and How to Change Them to Meet Your Needs," Aspatore Books (2009)
"Inside the Minds: Trust and Estate Law Client Strategies," Aspatore Books (2008)
"Advising the Older and Disabled Client," Institute of Continuing Legal Education (2004)