Amy’s practice focuses on corporate law with a special emphasis on mergers and acquisitions. She has extensive experience successfully advising clients with respect to mergers and acquisitions in a variety of industries as well as corporate governance, corporate finance, and general corporate matters.
Michigan State UniversityB.A., 2006
- High Honors
Wayne State UniversityJ.D., 2009
- cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- The Wayne State Law Review 2007-2009
- Counsel to buyers and sellers with respect to mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and related transactions of all sizes and complexity.
- Counsel to companies in connection with corporate structuring and reorganizations.
- Counsel to clients regarding general business and corporate planning issues, including entity choice, business formation, corporate governance, entity conversion, and dissolution.
- Counsel to clients engaged in legalized marijuana businesses in connection with corporate structuring, financing, and M&A transactions.
- Counsel to clients engaged in the healthcare and dental industries in connection with DSO/MSO formations, structuring, and M&A transactions.
- State Bar of Michigan, Member Business Law Section
- Women Lawyers' Association of Michigan
- Association for Corporate Growth, Detroit
- ICLE Business Law Advisory Board
- Co-author, “SBA Guidance on PPP Borrowers: Transfers of Equity and Assets,” Dickinson Wright Client Alert, October 2020.
- "SBA's New PPP Loan Guidelines for M&A Transactions," The Institution of Continuing Legal Education, October 2020.
- “FTC Announces New, Elevated Hart-Scott-Rodino PreMerger Notification Reporting Thresholds,” Dickinson Wright Client Alert January 2015.
- "Section 488 Revisited: Opportunities for Flexible Governance for Michigan Corporations," Michigan Business Law Journal, Vol. 31, Issue 3 Fall 2011.
- Ledbetter v. Goodyear: The Ball is in Congress' Court, 54 WAYNE LAW REV. 2 2008.