University of MichiganB.A., 1996
Cleveland State University Levin College of Urban AffairsM.S., 1998
Wayne State University Law SchoolJ.D., 2004
- Best Lawyers in America
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Michigan Super Lawyers
- Top 50 Women Lawyers in Michigan
- DBusiness Top Lawyers
- Banking and Financial Service Law
- Fifth Third Bank
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- The Huntington National Bank
- Citizens Bank, N.A.
- State of Michigan
- Peninsula Capital Partners
Ms. Bach's practice focuses on advising and representing companies and lenders in out-of-court workouts and restructurings, bankruptcy proceedings, and distressed M&A transactions.
- Represent secured lenders in workout and out-of-court restructurings, including negotiating and drafting forbearance agreements, disposition of collateral pursuant to Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code, and orderly wind-down of borrower’s operations.
Counsel to private equity firms in acquisition and financing of portfolio companies as well as advising portfolio companies on various legal affairs and add-on acquisitions.
Advise lenders in commercial real estate workouts and foreclosure proceedings, including negotiating and documenting forbearance agreements, troubled debt restructures, note sales and receiverships.
Counsel secured aviation lenders in the repossession and disposition of aircraft, including negotiating and drafting surrender agreements, hangar agreements, broker agreements, and aircraft purchase agreements.
Represent secured lenders in numerous bankruptcy court proceedings including cash collateral, DIP financing, relief from stay and contested confirmation hearings.
Represent stalking horse purchasers and other prospective purchases in bankruptcy sales and auctions.
Represent and advise secured lenders in state court proceedings against borrowers and guarantors, including real estate foreclosure matters, claim and delivery of personal property, receiverships, assignments for the benefit of creditors, and judgment enforcement.
- State Bar of Michigan, Member Business Law Section
- Turnaround Management Association, Detroit Chapter, Board Member
- Federal Bar Association - E.D. Michigan Chapter, Member Bankruptcy Section
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- "Chapter 11 Exit Strategies," American Bankruptcy Institute Central States Workshop, June 2017
- "Signs of Distress," TMA Next-Gen Panel, May 2017
- "Is Retail Going on Clearance," TMA Mid-American Restructuring Conference, April 2017
- "The Claim Has Two Faces," American Bankruptcy Institute Central States Conference, June 2013
- Judgment Enforcement in Michigan, Lorman Legal Seminar, February 2011