Allison is a corporate attorney with experience in matters spanning a range of complex commercial transactions and business issues, with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions. Allison is known for her pragmatic and creative approach to assisting clients in navigating their business and legal issues. She also brings her background in insolvency and restructuring to the table and routinely advises her clients on finance and insolvency-related matters.Allison works primarily with private equity funds, sponsors, and their portfolio companies, as well as privately-owned businesses and owners in a variety of industries, including consumer products, B2B services, software, marketing agencies, automotive, engineering, and healthcare
Education & Credentials
University of MichiganB.A., Economics (with distinction)
Cleveland State University Levin College of Urban AffairsM.S., Urban Studies
Wayne State University Law SchoolJ.D., (Order of the Coif)
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2020-2023
- Michigan Super Lawyers®
- "Rising Star," 2010-2012
- "Super Lawyers," Bankruptcy, 2013-2022
- "Top Lawyers," Banking and Financial Service Law, 2014-2023
- Growth Catalyst Partners
- Peninsula Capital Partners
- Silver Peak Partners
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- State of Michigan
- Counsel privately held business (including private equity portfolio companies) on general corporate matter, governance, corporate best practices and commercial transactions.
- Counsel to private equity firms and sponsors in acquisition, divestiture and financing of portfolio companies.
- Represent secured lenders in workout and out-of-court restructurings, including negotiating and drafting forbearance agreements, disposition of collateral pursuant to Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code and order wind-down and liquidation of borrower’s operations.
- Represent stalking horse purchases and other prospective purchasers in bankruptcy sales and auction.
- Represented the State of Michigan during the historic City of Detroit bankruptcy case, focusing on the transactional aspects of the case, including “Grand Bargain”, the State Contribution Agreement and the Income Stabilization Program.
- State Bar of Michigan, Member Business Law Section
- Association for Corporate Growth, Detroit Chapter
- Turnaround Management Association, Detroit Chapter, Board Member (2017-2020)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Central States Conference Board Member
- "Purchasing in a Pandemic," ACG Detroit Panel, July 2020
- "Bid Procedures and Auctions in Bankruptcy - A Mock Hearing," Western District FBA Bankruptcy Seminar, July 2019
- "Creative Solutions to a Disastrous Chapter 11," Western District FBA Bankruptcy Seminar, July 2018
- "Chapter 11 Exit Strategies," American Bankruptcy Institute Central States Workshop, June 2017
- "Signs of Distress," TMA Next-Gen Panel, May 2017
- "Is Retail Going on Clearance," TMA Mid-American Restructuring Conference, April 2017