A member of Dickinson Wright’s Detroit office, Adam focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions with a heavy focus in working with private equity firms. He frequently represents buyers, sellers and lenders in structuring acquisitions and related financings, including, conducting due diligence and negotiating transaction terms. Adam’s practice also includes advising clients on general corporate law, corporate formation and governance. He also represents secured lenders in banking and finance transactions. He is recognized by Best Lawyers in America® “Ones to Watch,” for his work in banking and finance law as well as corporate law. He is also recognized by Michigan Super Lawyers® as a “Rising Star” for his work in mergers and acquisitions.
Education & Credentials
University of MichiganB.A., History, 2008
Wayne State UniversityJ.D., 2013
- magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Gold Key Award Winner, 2011-2012
- Bronze Key Award Winner, 2010-2011
- The Wayne Law Review, Note and Comment Editor, 2012-2013
- The Wayne Law Review, Assistant Editor, 2011-2012
- Best Lawyers in America®
- "Ones to Watch," Banking and Finance Law & Corporate Law, 2021-2022
- Michigan Super Lawyers®
- "Rising Star," Mergers and Acquisitions, 2018-2022
Advised and assisted private equity fund in raising initial capital, negotiating acquisition of an event planning company and obtaining approximately $20,000,000 in senior debt financing.
Assisted media company in obtaining $100,000,000 in senior debt financing.
Represented buyers, sellers and lenders in various types of mergers and acquisitions and related financings.
Skilled in aspects of corporate formation, corporate governance, contract review and securities law.
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- Dickinson Wright Summer Associate, 2012
- Summer Intern to the Honorable Amy Hathaway, Wayne County Circuit Court, Summer 2011
- Summer Intern to the Honorable Magistrate Judge Laurie Michelson, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, Summer 2011