Mark Walker Appointed to State Bar of Texas Continuing Legal Education Committee
- Walker, Mark C. .
- In the News
Dickinson Wright PLLC is pleased to announce that effective June 2022, Mark Walker (Member, El Paso) has been appointed to join the State Bar of Texas’ Continuing Legal Education Committee.
This committee is tasked with monitoring the continuing legal educational needs of lawyers and other professionals, reviewing and making recommendations for any mandatory educational requirements for lawyers to maintain professional competence, and promoting appropriate educational programs through TexasBarCLE of the State Bar of Texas. Walker will serve a term of three years.
“It is truly an honor and privilege to be appointed to this committee. I look forward to working with my peers to support the continuing legal education of lawyers and other professionals,” said Walker.
As a trial and appellate lawyer for over 30 years, Walker has more than 75 verdicts and 30 appeals to his credit. He counsels clients to assume that every case will go to trial, in order to put them in the best position to make informed decisions on a broad array of business, commercial, product liability, administrative, regulatory, and tort and negligence matters. His high level of experience in these practice areas is what awarded him the recognition of committee leadership and appointment by the Texas State Bar President. Walker is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law since 1990, served on the examination commission of the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, and is a frequent speaker on litigation issues at state and national conferences. Walker was also recently named a Founding Leadership Cabinet Member of Paso del Norte Center at Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute in November 2021.
- March 22, 2023 Media Mentions Kris Beecher has been quoted in an article by the Arizona Republic, "Native leaders are watching new lawmaker who represents more than half of Arizona's tribes.”
- March 22, 2023 In the News Leslee Lewis Named a “Notable West Michigan Lawyer” by Crain’s Grand Rapids Business
- March 22, 2023 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2023 Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- March 22, 2023 Media Mentions Joseph Silvia has been quoted in the S&P Global article, “'Small universe' of buyers available for Silicon Valley Bank.”
- March 21, 2023 In the News Sara Radcliffe Joins Dickinson Wright Columbus Office
- March 21, 2023 Media Mentions Joseph Silvia was recently quoted in the Business Insider article, "How shadow bankers are already emerging as winners in the SVB collapse.”
- March 21, 2023 In the News Matthew McLeod Joins Dickinson Wright LLP
- March 2023 Industry Alerts How to Screw up a Good Thing – What the Financial Industry Should Consider in the Wake of Credit Suisse
- March 20, 2023 Media Mentions Law360 has quoted Joseph Silvia in the article, "Signature Bank's Closure Was Not Tied To Crypto. Or Was It?"