- Spies, Charles
- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Charlie Spies (Member, Washington, D.C.) recently stopped by CNN’s The Lead to discuss a range of issues, starting with accusations of Attorney General William Barr’s political bias and the effect it has on his performance. Charlie argued that it’s not unusual for the AG position to be politicized, pointing to the Obama Department of Justice’s reluctance to provide nonprofit exemptions to conservative organizations. To see more, click here.
The panel also discussed the Democratic race for the nomination, from Bernie Sanders’ recent climb to frontrunner status to Michael Bloomberg’s late, self-funded entry into the race. Charlie mentions that since 2016, electability isn’t as crucial as a factor as was previously thought. To see more, click here.
They also spoke about the troubled Democratic Iowa caucus and how things could have gone in Nevada, as the state simplified the process by deciding against using an app as previously planned. Charlie noted that he was shocked by Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez’s actions and refusal to stand with his state party chairs. To see more, click here.
- September 23, 2020 Webinars Political and Policy Advocacy for 501[c](4) Organizations in Kentucky
- March 2020 Industry Alerts UPDATED: Congress Passes the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”)
- March 03, 2020 Industry Alerts CLIENT ALERT: FEC Releases Guidance on Internet Activity for Political Committees Ahead of the 2020 Election
- November 06, 2019 DOJ Updates FARA eFile System – Another Example of Renewed Focus on Modernizing FARA Enforcement
- September 16, 2019 In the News Charles Spies and Political Law Team Join Dickinson Wright PLLC