Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Lloyd Pierre-Louis (Member, Columbus), Daniel Briggs (Associate, Columbus), and Benton Bodamer (Member, Columbus) recently published an article, “Guest Column: 8 Things Cannabis Businesses Need to Know About Using Receivership,” in Cannabis Business Times. COVID-19 has heavily impacted the cannabis industry, and though deemed “essential,” many businesses are having a hard time seeking relief due to the industry being illegal in the eyes of the federal government. Their state-compliant but federally illegal status excludes them from CARES Act Funding and other Coronavirus-specific federal debt relief measures. As a result, cannabis operators and pre-operators could find themselves in need of contractual relief from existing debt. Some cannabis businesses may find assistance through a receivership. Click here to read more.
- February 23, 2021 Media Mentions Scot Crow Interviewed on Elevate Your Grind Podcast
- December 3, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Represents AltMed in Deal with Verano to Combine Operations
- September 2, 2020 In the News Timothy McCulloch Named to National Law Journal’s 2020 Cannabis Law Trailblazers List
- April 2020 Industry Alerts Province Releases Updated List of “Essential” Workplaces, Directing Additional Closures and Restrictions During COVID-19 State of Emergency
- March 2020 Media Mentions Scot Crow Speaks with Benzinga on Effectiveness of Cannabis Company Restructuring Efforts
- February 2020 Media Mentions Scot Crow Quoted in Smart Business Dealmakers on Ohio Medical Marijuana Investments
- February 2020 Media Mentions Benton Bodamer Quoted by Bloomberg Law on State-Backed Cannabis Union “Peace” Deals
- January 10, 2020 Media Mentions Benton Bodamer and Scot Crow Quoted by InvestorPlace on Aurora Cannabis Stock Fall
- January 02, 2020 Media Mentions Benton Bodamer Discusses Logistics of Cannabis Breathalyzers with CNN Business