Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Lloyd Pierre-Louis (Member, Columbus), Daniel Briggs (Associate, Columbus), and Benton Bodamer (Member, Columbus) recently published an article, “Guest Column: 8 Things Cannabis Businesses Need to Know About Using Receivership,” in Cannabis Business Times. COVID-19 has heavily impacted the cannabis industry, and though deemed “essential,” many businesses are having a hard time seeking relief due to the industry being illegal in the eyes of the federal government. Their state-compliant but federally illegal status excludes them from CARES Act Funding and other Coronavirus-specific federal debt relief measures. As a result, cannabis operators and pre-operators could find themselves in need of contractual relief from existing debt. Some cannabis businesses may find assistance through a receivership. Click here to read more.
- October 10, 2023 Industry Alerts Ohio Voters May Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use for Adults
- September 14, 2023 In the News Scot Crow Named to the 2023 Top 200 Cannabis Lawyers List
- July 10, 2023 Industry Alerts Five Upcoming Changes to Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Laws & Recreational Update
- June 12, 2023 In the News Dickinson Wright Recognized in Legal 500 United States 2023 Edition
- June 1, 2023 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2023 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- March 08, 2023 Video Minutes on the Matter: What Cannabis Companies Need to Know About State Cannabis Regulators
- September 30, 2022 In the News Benjamin Sobczak Elected to State Bar of Michigan’s Cannabis Law Section Council
- September 6, 2022 In the News Benjamin Sobczak Joins Dickinson Wright Troy Office as a Member
- June 14, 2022 In the News Seven Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in Nevada Business's Top Ranked Attorneys 2022