Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Lloyd Pierre-Louis (Member, Columbus), Daniel Briggs (Associate, Columbus), and Benton Bodamer (Member, Columbus) recently published an article, “Guest Column: 8 Things Cannabis Businesses Need to Know About Using Receivership,” in Cannabis Business Times. COVID-19 has heavily impacted the cannabis industry, and though deemed “essential,” many businesses are having a hard time seeking relief due to the industry being illegal in the eyes of the federal government. Their state-compliant but federally illegal status excludes them from CARES Act Funding and other Coronavirus-specific federal debt relief measures. As a result, cannabis operators and pre-operators could find themselves in need of contractual relief from existing debt. Some cannabis businesses may find assistance through a receivership. Click here to read more.
- April 11, 2022 In the News Elliot Vilders Joins Dickinson Wright Troy Office as a Member
- January 28, 2022 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named to 2022 Illinois Super Lawyers, Two Named Rising Stars
- December 16-17, 2021 Speaking Engagements Dickinson Wright Attorneys to Present at NCIA CannaVest West
- September 20, 2021 Industry Alerts Michigan's Marihuana Regulatory Agency Currently Reviewing New Rules
- August 18, 2021 Industry Alerts High Risks Remain If Operating Cannabis Business Outside Strict State Law
- July 16, 2021 In the News Twelve Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Mountain State Super Lawyers
- June 14, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Recognized in Legal 500 United States 2021 Edition
- May 20, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2021 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- February 23, 2021 Media Mentions Scot Crow Interviewed on Elevate Your Grind Podcast