- Krieger, John L.
- Media Mentions
John Krieger (Member, Las Vegas) spoke with Bloomberg Law about copyright issues arising from the Hamilton: the Exhibit, a biographical museum exhibition based on the life of Alexander Hamilton for an article titled “Hamilton Spat Shows Challenge in Carving Copyrights From History.” The exhibit is the creation of the producers of Hamilton, the historical Broadway musical about Alexander Hamilton’s life and the formation of the United States of America, working under the name Hamilton Exhibition LLC. During the exhibit’s development, Hamilton Exhibition was working with Imagine Exhibitions Inc. (IEI) Hamilton Exhibition went on to produce the exhibit when the relationship went sour, suing IEI for breach of contract. IEI countersued, contending that it was abruptly and unjustly terminated, and that Hamilton Exhibition had infringed its copyrights with its final product. IEI faced an uphill battle to demonstrate that Hamilton Exhibition infringed the arrangement of factual information, along with how it was represented, because facts can’t be copyrighted.
“Whenever you’re dealing with things like this, it’s really important to distinguish between the story and the facts,” John said. “Whenever you’re dealing with a case involving historical references or facts, make sure you’re being critical in your analysis.”
- February 26, 2021 Media Mentions Caleb Green Joins Panel for National Bar Association's "Getting Started: Maximizing Your Finances" Webinar
- February 23, 2021 Media Mentions Andrea Arndt Discusses COVID-19 Related Counterfeit Products with WWJ News Radio and Fox 2 News Detroit
- February 19, 2021 Media Mentions Yuri Chumak Quoted by Global News on The Tragically Hip's Lawsuit Against Mill St. Brewery
- February 16, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in the 2021 Edition of the WTR 1000
- February 16, 2021 Media Mentions Lance Anderson Featured in Dickinson Wright's New Video Platform Minutes on the Matter
- February 11, 2021 Media Mentions Bill Honaker Published in Detroit Legal News on California's Prohibition of Post-Employment Assignments
- February 10, 2021 In the News Pandemic Creates New Opportunities for Counterfeit Products to Proliferate; Plus, How to Spot Fakes – And Why They May Pose Health and Safety Issues
- February 02, 2021 In the News Stephen Mason Speaks at Halfmoon Education Webinar on "Texas Engineering Law & Ethics"
- February 01, 2021 Media Mentions Caleb Green Published in Communique on Racial Inequality in the U.S. Intellectual Property Legal System