- Industry Alerts
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
IMGL MIAMI SPRING CONFERENCE
The International Masters of Gaming Law Spring Conference is set for May 10-12 at the Turnberry Isle resort in Miami, Florida. Following evening social events on Wednesday, May 10, the CLE-rated conference commences Thursday morning with a comprehensive focus on gaming developments in North America, the Caribbean, Latin America, and Europe.
Highlights of the conference include comprehensive discussions by leading gaming attorneys from around the world on such diverse topics as sports betting in the United States; the impact of the 2016 USA elections on the United States gaming market; the expansion of intrastate Internet gaming beyond New Jersey, Nevada, and Delaware; the prospects for Internet-related gaming legislation in Congress; global developments in gaming technology; gaming and tax policy in Europe; current and projected developments in tribal and commercial gaming in the United States; the expansion of state lottery activity on the Internet; and the status of horse racing on a global basis.
Conference participants will also be able to attend the horse races at Gulfstream Park, one of the leading race tracks in the country and the home of many great Florida thoroughbreds.
Persons interested in attending the conference may obtain conference details on the International Masters of Gaming Law website (https://imgl.org/conferences/spring/overview/2017), which includes further details regarding the conference and easy conference and hotel registration processes. It is especially important to book hotel reservations as quickly as possible as the Turnberry Isle resort is an extremely popular facility and the special room rate bookings are limited.
Disclaimer: Gaming & Hospitality Legal News is published by Dickinson Wright PLLC to inform our clients and friends of important developments in the fields of gaming law, federal Indian law, and hospitality law. The content is informational only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. We encourage you to consult a Dickinson Wright attorney if you have specific questions or concerns relating to any of the topics covered in Gaming & Hospitality Legal News.
If you would like a printable version of this gaming newsletter, click here.
- Conferences International Masters of Gaming Law Spring Conference on May 10-12, 2017
- Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 12 Number 1
- Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 14: Internal Revenue Service Makes Determination Regarding Tax Liability for Daily Fantasy Sports Operators and Potential Write-Offs for Players
- July 16, 2021 In the News Twelve Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Mountain State Super Lawyers
- July 15-16, 2021 Webinars Patrick Sullivan and Greg Gemignani to Participate in Next Gen Gaming Virtual Seminar
- June 10, 2021 Media Mentions Michael Lipton, Q.C., Quoted by National Magazine on Possible Legalization of Single-Event Sports Betting in Canada
- June 01, 2021 Industry Alerts New Developments: Regulation of Payment Service Providers in Canada
- May 25, 2021 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 18: Attorney General of Quebec v. Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association
- May 20, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2021 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields