- Industry Alerts
IMGL MIAMI SPRING CONFERENCE
The International Masters of Gaming Law Spring Conference is set for May 10-12 at the Turnberry Isle resort in Miami, Florida. Following evening social events on Wednesday, May 10, the CLE-rated conference commences Thursday morning with a comprehensive focus on gaming developments in North America, the Caribbean, Latin America, and Europe.
Highlights of the conference include comprehensive discussions by leading gaming attorneys from around the world on such diverse topics as sports betting in the United States; the impact of the 2016 USA elections on the United States gaming market; the expansion of intrastate Internet gaming beyond New Jersey, Nevada, and Delaware; the prospects for Internet-related gaming legislation in Congress; global developments in gaming technology; gaming and tax policy in Europe; current and projected developments in tribal and commercial gaming in the United States; the expansion of state lottery activity on the Internet; and the status of horse racing on a global basis.
Conference participants will also be able to attend the horse races at Gulfstream Park, one of the leading race tracks in the country and the home of many great Florida thoroughbreds.
Persons interested in attending the conference may obtain conference details on the International Masters of Gaming Law website (https://imgl.org/conferences/spring/overview/2017), which includes further details regarding the conference and easy conference and hotel registration processes. It is especially important to book hotel reservations as quickly as possible as the Turnberry Isle resort is an extremely popular facility and the special room rate bookings are limited.
Disclaimer: Gaming & Hospitality Legal News is published by Dickinson Wright PLLC to inform our clients and friends of important developments in the fields of gaming law, federal Indian law, and hospitality law. The content is informational only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. We encourage you to consult a Dickinson Wright attorney if you have specific questions or concerns relating to any of the topics covered in Gaming & Hospitality Legal News.
If you would like a printable version of this gaming newsletter, click here.
- February 19, 2019 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in Chambers Global Guide 2019
- February 5, 2019 Media Mentions Jeffrey Silver Authors Article on Tourism for the Las Vegas Review-Journal
- February 5, 2019 Media Mentions Jeffrey Silver Quoted in CDC Gaming Reports Article on Former Riviera Hotal & Casino Owner
- February 4, 2019 Media Mentions Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in Tax Notes Article on Federal Wire Act
- January 30, 2019 Media Mentions Kate Lowenhar-Fisher and Greg Gemignani Quoted in Gaming Today Article on the Federal Wire Act
- January 18, 2019 Media Mentions Kate Lowenhar-Fisher and Greg Gemignani Quoted in CDC Gaming Reports Article on the Federal Wire Act
- January 15, 2019 Media Mentions Attorney Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in Online Poker Report Article on DOJ Wire Act Opinion
- January 2019 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 12 Number 1
- December 13, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in Racing Publication Articles on Sports Betting