On behalf of Dickinson Wright’s Las Vegas office and our gaming team, a few thoughts on the tragic events of October 1. Today, we are all still reeling from the events of last night and are coming to terms with the devastating losses in our community. But we retain hope for our city, our nation, and the gaming industry in Nevada. It is our understanding that the gaming industry conference, G2E, is still scheduled to open today in Las Vegas, and our casino resorts have lifted the security restrictions that were in place when they went on lockdown following Sunday night’s shooting tragedy on the Las Vegas Strip.
As a community, we mourn the victims and honor their memories. We will never forget what has happened here. And we will all be forever marked with the memory and knowledge of the horrors that are all too real. Although we are an international tourist destination, Las Vegas is an incredibly small village, and we will band together to get through these dark days.
We are touched by the outpouring of support we have received, and want to let all know that our Las Vegas-based Dickinson Wright team is all safely accounted for. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.
Disclaimer: Gaming & Hospitality Legal News is published by Dickinson Wright PLLC to inform our clients and friends of important developments in the fields of gaming law, federal Indian law, and hospitality law. The content is informational only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. We encourage you to consult a Dickinson Wright attorney if you have specific questions or concerns relating to any of the topics covered in Gaming & Hospitality Legal News.
If you would like a printable version of this alert, click here.
- October 31, 2018 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 11, Number 9
- September 24, 2018 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 11, Number 8
- September 20, 2018 Media Mentions Attorneys Kate Lowenhar-Fisher and Gregory Gemignani Recently Interviewed by Casino.org
- August 15, 2018 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News : Volume 11, Number 7
- August 1, 2018 In the News Attorney Melissa Waite Joins Dickinson Wright's Las Vegas Office
- July 27, 2018 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 11, Number 6
- July 16, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Featured in Video Relating to the Recent Legalization of Sports Betting
- June 22, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in the U.K.’s Daily Mail Article Regarding the Legalization of Sports Betting in the United States
- May 31, 2018 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 11, Number 5