- In the News
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Dickinson Wright joins its colleagues and clients in observing Canada’s National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. This new Canadian federal statutory holiday will be commemorated annually on September 30 and is intended to acknowledge the lasting impact of the residential school system upon indigenous communities throughout Canada.
As a Firm, Dickinson Wright is committed to identifying and dismantling systemic barriers to equity and access in the legal profession and in all the places where we do business. This includes educating our own lawyers and staff on the history of racism waged against indigenous communities in Canada, and seeking opportunities to become active participants in the reconciliation process for indigenous peoples.
We encourage all of our colleagues, clients, and friends to take time to reflect on the tragic history of residential schools in Canada, honor indigenous survivors, remember the thousands of indigenous children who disappeared, and commit themselves to fulfilling the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s calls for justice.
To learn more about National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, the history of residential schools in Canada, and how you might get involved, please consider the resources below:
- Read this explainer about the residential school system from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- Listen to this podcast about the history of residential schools from The Daily at The New York Times
- Install these educational apps to learn more about indigenous life and history
- For kids: participate in Reconciliation Week, an online educational event geared towards middle and high school students
- View the Final Reports from the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation
- May 23, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Welcomes Its Summer Class of 2022
- May 18, 2022 Industry Alerts UPDATE: FEC Candidate Loan Repayment Limitation Ruled Unconstitutional in Supreme Court Decision
- May 16, 2022 Media Mentions Kris Beecher Quoted by AZ Central on Tribal Voters
- May 13, 2022 In the News Aaron Burrell Named a “2022 40 Under 40” Honoree by Michigan Chronicle
- May 11, 2022 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by 10 WBNS on Ohio's New Overtime Law
- May 09, 2022 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted in Law360 on Tips for Helping Workers Navigate Mental Health Challenges
- May 09, 2022 Industry Alerts Operators, Start Your Engines; But Beware of Sanctions
- May 04, 2022 Media Mentions Jonathan Baker Recognized by the Daily Journal as 2022 "Top Intellectual Property Lawyer"
- May 4, 2022 In the News Ryan Chesnut Joins Dickinson Wright Columbus Office