- In the News
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Dickinson Wright joins its colleagues and clients in observing Canada’s National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. This new Canadian federal statutory holiday will be commemorated annually on September 30 and is intended to acknowledge the lasting impact of the residential school system upon indigenous communities throughout Canada.
As a Firm, Dickinson Wright is committed to identifying and dismantling systemic barriers to equity and access in the legal profession and in all the places where we do business. This includes educating our own lawyers and staff on the history of racism waged against indigenous communities in Canada, and seeking opportunities to become active participants in the reconciliation process for indigenous peoples.
We encourage all of our colleagues, clients, and friends to take time to reflect on the tragic history of residential schools in Canada, honor indigenous survivors, remember the thousands of indigenous children who disappeared, and commit themselves to fulfilling the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s calls for justice.
To learn more about National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, the history of residential schools in Canada, and how you might get involved, please consider the resources below:
- Read this explainer about the residential school system from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- Listen to this podcast about the history of residential schools from The Daily at The New York Times
- Install these educational apps to learn more about indigenous life and history
- For kids: participate in Reconciliation Week, an online educational event geared towards middle and high school students
- View the Final Reports from the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation
- December 16-17, 2021 Speaking Engagements Dickinson Wright Attorneys to Present at NCIA CannaVest West
- December 02, 2021 Industry Alerts Brand Protection and Fighting Fakes Online
- December 1, 2021 In the News Kathleen Campbell Walker Named to Lawdragon’s 500 Leading U.S. Corporate Employment Lawyers of America
- December 01, 2021 Industry Alerts 2021 ACA Information Reporting Update: Extended "Furnishing" Deadline But No More "Good Faith" Relief
- November 30, 2021 In the News Four Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Mid-South Super Lawyers
- November 29, 2021 Articles Supreme Court Orders as Binding Precedent
- November 29, 2021 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Mentioned by Business Insurance on Employers and Vaccine Exemptions
- November 23, 2021 In the News Charles Brecker Joins Dickinson Wright Ft. Lauderdale Office
- November 23, 2021 In the News Mark Walker Named a Founding Leadership Cabinet Member of Paso del Norte Center at Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute