Dickinson Wright participated in the 2018 PrimeTime Sports Management Conference that took place in Toronto on November 11-13, 2018. Trevor Whiffen (Partner, Toronto) is Co-Chair of the three-day event that features 75 speakers and over 650 attendees, making it Canada's largest sports management conference.
"When we first started this event in 2008, we wanted to create a forum where young members of the sports management industry could network with and learn from senior members of the sports business fraternity," says Trevor. "It has grown to be the largest event of its kind in Canada and is considered a 'must-attend' event each year in the sports business community."
Jennifer Ko Craft (Member, Las Vegas) spoke on a panel entitled, “Current Issues in Sports Law,” and Trevor Whiffen moderated the panel. Jennifer, Trevor and the other panelists engaged in a brisk conversation on a wide variety of topics impacting sports law, including, sports betting, cannabis and brand related issues.
“Sports betting isn’t just about the money,” says Jennifer. “It’s a great source of entertainment. It engages fans. Perhaps, it’s because I’m from the great state of Nevada, but legalized sports betting shouldn’t be viewed in such a negative light.”
Other panelists included: Rick Horrow, CEO of Horrow Sports Ventures and Host of “Power of Sports” on FOX Sports Regional Networks and Reuters’ “Keeping Score,” Eric Macramalla, Legal Analyst with The Sports Network and Forbes Magazine, and Andrew Moss, Partner at Nolan Partners in London.
- November 2020 Media Mentions Jennifer Ko Craft Speaks at University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Sports & Entertainment Law Association's "A-Listers in Entertainment Law" Event
- October 1, 2020 In the News Jennifer Ko Craft Named to National Law Journal’s 2020 Sports/Entertainment Law Trailblazers List
- August 06, 2020 Media Mentions Jennifer Ko Craft Interviewed by Variety on Johnny Depp Trial
- October 8, 2019 Articles The Business of Sports
- August 23, 2019 Media Mentions John L. Krieger Quoted by Pitchfork on Eminem vs. Spotify Case
- April 25, 2019 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Tops Rankings in 2019 Chambers USA Guide; 42 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- April 15, 2019 In the News Ten Practices in Dickinson Wright's Phoenix Office Ranked in the 2019 Ranking Arizona Guide
- November 28, 2018 In the News Attorney Jennifer Ko Craft Appointed Co-Chair of Licensing, Merchandising & Branding Division of the ABA Forum on the Entertainment & Sports Industries
- May 17, 2018 - May 20, 2018 Conferences Sports Lawyers Association 44th Annual Conference on May 17 - 19, 2018