Dickinson Wright participated in the 2018 PrimeTime Sports Management Conference that took place in Toronto on November 11-13, 2018. Trevor Whiffen (Partner, Toronto) is Co-Chair of the three-day event that features 75 speakers and over 650 attendees, making it Canada's largest sports management conference.
"When we first started this event in 2008, we wanted to create a forum where young members of the sports management industry could network with and learn from senior members of the sports business fraternity," says Trevor. "It has grown to be the largest event of its kind in Canada and is considered a 'must-attend' event each year in the sports business community."
Jennifer Ko Craft (Member, Las Vegas) spoke on a panel entitled, “Current Issues in Sports Law,” and Trevor Whiffen moderated the panel. Jennifer, Trevor and the other panelists engaged in a brisk conversation on a wide variety of topics impacting sports law, including, sports betting, cannabis and brand related issues.
“Sports betting isn’t just about the money,” says Jennifer. “It’s a great source of entertainment. It engages fans. Perhaps, it’s because I’m from the great state of Nevada, but legalized sports betting shouldn’t be viewed in such a negative light.”
Other panelists included: Rick Horrow, CEO of Horrow Sports Ventures and Host of “Power of Sports” on FOX Sports Regional Networks and Reuters’ “Keeping Score,” Eric Macramalla, Legal Analyst with The Sports Network and Forbes Magazine, and Andrew Moss, Partner at Nolan Partners in London.
- April 15, 2019 In the News Ten Practices in Dickinson Wright's Phoenix Office Ranked in the 2019 Ranking Arizona Guide
- April 02, 2019 Media Mentions Derek Crownover Quoted in Bloomberg Article Discussing Cash Advances to Musicians
- March 2019 In the News Derek Crownover and Cam Caldwell Negotiate Zach Crowell Catalog Sale
- March 18, 2019 In the News Noah McPike Closes Emily Landis Publishing Deal
- March 07, 2019 In the News Austen Adams Closes Christy McDonald Publishing Deal with Big Yellow Dog Music
- March 04, 2019 In the News Austen Adams and Noah McPike Represent Claire Wright in Exclusive Publishing Deal with Universal Music Publishing
- February 11, 2019 In the News Austen Adams and Cam Caldwell Close Filmore Deal
- January 23, 2019 In the News Noah McPike Assists Jordan Davis with Music Publishing Deal
- November 28, 2018 In the News Attorney Jennifer Ko Craft Appointed Co-Chair of Licensing, Merchandising & Branding Division of the ABA Forum on the Entertainment & Sports Industries