- In the News
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
As part of Dickinson Wright’s efforts to promote a diverse and inclusive workplace, attorneys and staff came together throughout the month of January to volunteer at charities throughout the U.S. as part of Dickinson Wright’s Fifth Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service. Employees rolled up their sleeves and pitched in, donating their time and money, to honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s legacy.
Below are snapshots of the projects from our Fifth Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration:
• Dickinson Wright’s Troy and Detroit offices spent the day assembling donated items into hygiene kits for the Detroit Children’s Center. The offices also participated in a Black History Month Book Drive featuring the Who Was? Series of illustrated books for young readers featuring significant historical figures, including artists, scientists, and world leaders. Volunteers also helped out at Gleaners Community Food Bank, packaging over 2,300 lbs. of food for delivery.
• Dickinson Wright participated in the National Action Network’s Dream Keepers Brunch and Reception at the Detroit Athletic Club. The brunch honored Dickinson Wright's W. Anthony Jenkins along with Eric L. Clay, Sixth Circuit Court Judge, and David Lewis, President of AT&T Michigan. All proceeds are used to provide scholarships for young adult Detroiters to support the completion of their high school education.
• Dickinson Wright’s Lansing office volunteered with the Garden Project. The Garden Project is a part of the Greater Lansing Food Bank. Our volunteers helped sort seeds and pack "gardens in a bag" to give out at Garden Project partner food pantries. Currently, the Garden Project supports over 100 community gardens and provide resources to over 600, low-income home gardeners within a 7-county region in mid-Michigan.
• Dickinson Wright’s Grand Rapids office celebrated Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s legacy by joining in the Grand Rapids Urban League’s Corporate Breakfast honoring the sacrifices of men and women, past and present, who stand for inclusion and racial equity. The Grand Rapids office also celebrated a day of service in honor of Dr. King by donating, packing and sending care packages to deployed service members through the AnySoldier.com program.
• Dickinson Wright’s Columbus office assisted Columbus Early Learning Centers with set-up for their signature gala taking place this month. Volunteers helped by cleaning, setting up tables and chairs, and transforming the space to support their mission of providing high-quality early education to the children of Columbus.
• Dickinson Wright’s Las Vegas office volunteered with Project 150. Project 150 is an organization that provides homeless students with the resources that they need to be successful in school by providing basic school supplies, food, and clothing, in addition to assisting students in finding safe places to sleep. Our volunteers sorted donations, worked in the boutique (where students can come and get clothing), and put together meal bags.
• Dickinson Wright’s Reno office put together packets of hats, gloves and socks for the Reno-Sparks Gospel Mission.
• Dickinson Wright’s Washington, D.C. office will be volunteering with the Academy of Hope, an adult public charter school located in Washington, D.C. Our volunteers will be assisting with the Academy of Hope’s Winter Graduation taking place this month. Volunteers will serve as ushers, graduate assistants, gift bag helpers, greeters and food service helpers. Academy of Hope Adult Public Charter School (AoH) works to bridge the education gap and create lasting impact in the community by offering tailored educational services and workforce training for adults who, due to low-literacy and insufficient basic skills, are not able to find or retain living-wage employment and are often trapped in a cycle of poverty.
- March 08, 2021 Industry Alerts Sub-Par Claim: Franchisee’s Beef with Supplier Leaves Bad Taste
- March 8, 2021 In the News Daniel T. Austin Joins Dickinson Wright Austin Office
- March 4, 2021 Webinars Captives 101: Using TN Captive Entities to Insure Enterprise Business Risks
- March 4, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in The Bond Buyer’s Midwest Year-End Review
- March 03, 2021 Industry Alerts 職場におけるCOVID-19の拡散防止および予防策に関する新しいOSHAガイダンス | New OSHA Guidance on Mitigating and Preventing the Spread of COVID-19 in the Workplace
- March 02, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Featured in The American Lawyer Article
- March 02, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright's Phoenix Office Ranked in Eight Categories in the 2021 Ranking Arizona Guide
- March 02, 2021 Industry Alerts UPDATE (March 1, 2021) – New COVID-19 Public Health Measures in Effect in Ontario
- March 1, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Part of Team to Receive MiBiz Banking/Finance M&A Deal of the Year