- In the News
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
As part of Dickinson Wright’s efforts to promote a diverse and inclusive workplace, attorneys and staff came together throughout the month of January to volunteer at charities throughout the U.S. as part of Dickinson Wright’s Fifth Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service. Employees rolled up their sleeves and pitched in, donating their time and money, to honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s legacy.
Below are snapshots of the projects from our Fifth Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration:
• Dickinson Wright’s Troy and Detroit offices spent the day assembling donated items into hygiene kits for the Detroit Children’s Center. The offices also participated in a Black History Month Book Drive featuring the Who Was? Series of illustrated books for young readers featuring significant historical figures, including artists, scientists, and world leaders. Volunteers also helped out at Gleaners Community Food Bank, packaging over 2,300 lbs. of food for delivery.
• Dickinson Wright participated in the National Action Network’s Dream Keepers Brunch and Reception at the Detroit Athletic Club. The brunch honored Dickinson Wright's W. Anthony Jenkins along with Eric L. Clay, Sixth Circuit Court Judge, and David Lewis, President of AT&T Michigan. All proceeds are used to provide scholarships for young adult Detroiters to support the completion of their high school education.
• Dickinson Wright’s Lansing office volunteered with the Garden Project. The Garden Project is a part of the Greater Lansing Food Bank. Our volunteers helped sort seeds and pack "gardens in a bag" to give out at Garden Project partner food pantries. Currently, the Garden Project supports over 100 community gardens and provide resources to over 600, low-income home gardeners within a 7-county region in mid-Michigan.
• Dickinson Wright’s Grand Rapids office celebrated Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s legacy by joining in the Grand Rapids Urban League’s Corporate Breakfast honoring the sacrifices of men and women, past and present, who stand for inclusion and racial equity. The Grand Rapids office also celebrated a day of service in honor of Dr. King by donating, packing and sending care packages to deployed service members through the AnySoldier.com program.
• Dickinson Wright’s Columbus office assisted Columbus Early Learning Centers with set-up for their signature gala taking place this month. Volunteers helped by cleaning, setting up tables and chairs, and transforming the space to support their mission of providing high-quality early education to the children of Columbus.
• Dickinson Wright’s Las Vegas office volunteered with Project 150. Project 150 is an organization that provides homeless students with the resources that they need to be successful in school by providing basic school supplies, food, and clothing, in addition to assisting students in finding safe places to sleep. Our volunteers sorted donations, worked in the boutique (where students can come and get clothing), and put together meal bags.
• Dickinson Wright’s Reno office put together packets of hats, gloves and socks for the Reno-Sparks Gospel Mission.
• Dickinson Wright’s Washington, D.C. office will be volunteering with the Academy of Hope, an adult public charter school located in Washington, D.C. Our volunteers will be assisting with the Academy of Hope’s Winter Graduation taking place this month. Volunteers will serve as ushers, graduate assistants, gift bag helpers, greeters and food service helpers. Academy of Hope Adult Public Charter School (AoH) works to bridge the education gap and create lasting impact in the community by offering tailored educational services and workforce training for adults who, due to low-literacy and insufficient basic skills, are not able to find or retain living-wage employment and are often trapped in a cycle of poverty.
- February 1, 2022 Webinars CUSBA 10th Annual Cross Border Economic Forecast
- January 20, 2022 In the News Mark Heusel Presents "North America's Drive Towards Electrification: How East Asia Factors into the Equation" Webinar
- January 20, 2022 Media Mentions Josh Burgener Named to Nashville Business Journal's 40 Under 40 List
- January 19, 2022 In the News Alexandre Zucco Named to Grand Rapids Magazine's The Best of the Best List
- January 18, 2022 Industry Alerts Proposed Changes to the Canadian Patent Rules
- January 14, 2022 Industry Alerts U.S. Supreme Court Splits the Baby as It Stays the Private Employer Vaccine or Test Mandate but Keeps the Healthcare Vaccine Mandate in Place
- January 12, 2022 In the News Kristen Hudson Joins Dickinson Wright Austin Office
- January 10, 2022 Industry Alerts Canadian Trademarks
- January 10, 2022 In the News Seven Dickinson Wright Lawyers Elected as Members of the Firm