- In the News
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Dickinson Wright earns 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s annual assessment of LGBTQ workplace equality
Dickinson Wright PLLC is pleased to announce that it received a score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index, the nation’s foremost benchmarking survey and report measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ workplace equality. Dickinson Wright joins the ranks of 767 major U.S. businesses that also earned top marks this year.
“We were thrilled to participate in the 2021 Corporate Equality Index and honored to achieve a perfect 100 for the fourth year in a row,” said Michael Hammer, CEO of Dickinson Wright. “Our participation in the Corporate Equality Index reflects the firm’s commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace environment for all of our employees. At Dickinson Wright, we understand that hiring, training, integrating, and retaining a diverse workforce is at the core of our firm’s values and is instrumental to providing our clients with the best legal service.”
“From the previously unimaginable impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, to a long overdue reckoning with racial injustice, 2020 was an unprecedented year. Yet, many businesses across the nation stepped up and continued to prioritize and champion LGBTQ equality,” said Alphonso David, Human Rights Campaign President. “This year has shown us that tools like the CEI are crucial in the work to increase equity and inclusion in the workplace, but also that companies must breathe life into these policies and practices in real and tangible ways. Thank you to the companies that understand protecting their LGBTQ employees and consumers from discrimination is not just the right thing to do—but the best business decision.”
The results of the 2021 CEI showcase how 1,142 U.S.-based companies are not only promoting LGBTQ-friendly workplace policies in the U.S., but also for the 57% of CEI-rated companies with global operations who are helping advance the cause of LGBTQ inclusion in workplaces abroad. Dickinson Wright’s efforts in satisfying all of the CEI’s criteria earned a 100 percent ranking and the designation as one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality.
The CEI rates employers providing these crucial protections to over 18 million U.S. workers and an additional 17 million abroad. Companies rated in the CEI include Fortune magazine’s 500 largest publicly traded businesses, American Lawyer magazine’s top 200 revenue-grossing law firms (AmLaw 200), and hundreds of publicly and privately held mid- to large-sized businesses.
The CEI rates companies on detailed criteria falling under four central pillars:
- Non-discrimination policies across business entities;
- Equitable benefits for LGBTQ workers and their families;
- Supporting an inclusive culture; and,
- Corporate social responsibility.
The full report is available online at www.hrc.org/cei.
The Human Rights Campaign Foundation is the educational arm of America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people. HRC envisions a world where LGBTQ people are embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.
- August 04, 2021 Media Mentions Kathleen Campbell Walker Quoted by CNN Politics on Impact of Gov. Abbot's COVID Order on Migrant Transport
- August 3, 2021 In the News Deborah L. Germany Joins Dickinson Wright Detroit Office
- August 03, 2021 Media Mentions Mark High Visits CTV News Windsor to Discuss Recent Calls for U.S. to Open Border
- August 2, 2021 In the News Jonathan Nikkila Joins Dickinson Wright’s Ann Arbor Office
- August 02, 2021 Media Mentions Pahl Zinn Quoted in Modern Healthcare on CON Law Elimination
- July 30, 2021 Media Mentions Kathleen Campbell Walker Interviewed by Manage HR on Dickinson Wright's Immigration Practice
- July 29, 2021 In the News Jennifer Ko Craft Named to Managing IP’s 2021 Top 250 Women in IP List
- July 28, 2021 In the News Aaron Burrell Named a “40 Under 40” Honoree by the National Bar Association
- July 28, 2021 In the News Arthur Sims Joins Dickinson Wright’s Ft. Lauderdale Office