- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Chantal Cipriano (Associate, Toronto) was recently quoted in a SBC Americas article titled “Canada waking up to the possibilities of single bet sports wagering.” The article discusses speculation regarding the legalization of ‘single bet’ sports wagering in an effort to bring the activity away from the black market.
“Failing to amend the Canadian Criminal Code to keep up with other parts of the world which are successfully embracing single game sports betting, particularly online, will continue to drive Canadians to place offshore bets. If Canada keeps dragging its heels, it may run the risk of permanently losing some of the Canadian market to foreign competitors,” Chantal told SBC Americas.
- July 16, 2021 In the News Twelve Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Mountain State Super Lawyers
- July 15-16, 2021 Webinars Patrick Sullivan and Greg Gemignani to Participate in Next Gen Gaming Virtual Seminar
- June 10, 2021 Media Mentions Michael Lipton, Q.C., Quoted by National Magazine on Possible Legalization of Single-Event Sports Betting in Canada
- June 01, 2021 Industry Alerts New Developments: Regulation of Payment Service Providers in Canada
- May 25, 2021 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 18: Attorney General of Quebec v. Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association
- May 20, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2021 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- May 03, 2021 Media Mentions Michael Lipton, Q.C. Quoted by Law.com International on Canadian Law Firms and Growth in Gaming Law
- April 19, 2021 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 17: Canada Continues Push for Single-Game Sports Betting
- March 24, 2021 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 12, Number 16