- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Chantal Cipriano (Associate, Toronto) recently spoke with the Law Times for an article titled “Will single-event sports betting be legalized in Ontario?” The article covers a recent request by Ontario finance minister Vic Fedeli to his federal counterpart, Bill Morneau, to amend the Criminal Code, which currently prohibits single-event sports betting across Canada. According to Chantal, the province’s already heavily regulated lottery and gaming market could ease the transition to legal single-event sports betting.
“The nuts and bolts are all there, so it would be more about tailoring that rigorous due diligence framework to apply to a new offering,” she told the publication.
- May 09, 2022 Industry Alerts Operators, Start Your Engines; But Beware of Sanctions
- April 25, 2022 Media Mentions Rachel Schaffer Lawson Interviewed by The Whiskey Wash on Direct to Consumer Shipping Laws
- March 02, 2022 Media Mentions Gregory Gemignani Quoted by US Gaming Review on DOJ Response to IGT Wire Act Lawsuit
- December 15, 2021 Media Mentions Gregory Gemignani and Jeffrey Silver Interviewed by US Gaming Review on IGT Wire Act Lawsuit
- December 09, 2021 Media Mentions Jeffrey Silver Published in Gaming America on the Future of Brick and Mortar Casinos
- November 22, 2021 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in Who’s Who Legal Canada 2021
- October 28, 2021 Industry Alerts Goodbye Parlays, Hello Single Event Betting: Ontario Rolls out New Standards for Sport and Event Betting
- October 28, 2021 Industry Alerts Quebec Exemptions to Publicity Contest Rules: Sponsors Welcome to Quebec
- October 14, 2021 Media Mentions Jeff Silver Interviewed in Nevada Newsmakers on His Career