Chantal Cipriano (Associate, Toronto) recently spoke with the Law Times for an article titled “Will single-event sports betting be legalized in Ontario?” The article covers a recent request by Ontario finance minister Vic Fedeli to his federal counterpart, Bill Morneau, to amend the Criminal Code, which currently prohibits single-event sports betting across Canada. According to Chantal, the province’s already heavily regulated lottery and gaming market could ease the transition to legal single-event sports betting.
“The nuts and bolts are all there, so it would be more about tailoring that rigorous due diligence framework to apply to a new offering,” she told the publication.
- April 15, 2019 Media Mentions Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted by Law360 Discussing Sports Betting
- April 2019 Media Mentions Greg Gemignani Quoted by Native Business Discussing Pearl River Resort
- March 19, 2019 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Newsletter: Volume 12, Number 2
- March 18, 2019 Media Mentions Chantal Cipriano Quoted in SBC Americas Discussing Single Bet Sports Wagering in Canada
- March 2019 Media Mentions Greg Gemignani Quoted in Fantini's Public Policy Review Article Discussing ESports Betting Bans
- February 26, 2019 Media Mentions Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in Gambling Compliance Article on New Hampshire Lawsuit Against Wire Act Reversal
- February 21, 2019 Media Mentions Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted in Fantini's Public Policy Review Abou the Wire Act
- February 19, 2019 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in Chambers Global Guide 2019
- February 5, 2019 Media Mentions Jeffrey Silver Authors Article on Tourism for the Las Vegas Review-Journal