- Media Mentions
Chantal Cipriano (Associate, Toronto) recently spoke with the Law Times for an article titled “Will single-event sports betting be legalized in Ontario?” The article covers a recent request by Ontario finance minister Vic Fedeli to his federal counterpart, Bill Morneau, to amend the Criminal Code, which currently prohibits single-event sports betting across Canada. According to Chantal, the province’s already heavily regulated lottery and gaming market could ease the transition to legal single-event sports betting.
“The nuts and bolts are all there, so it would be more about tailoring that rigorous due diligence framework to apply to a new offering,” she told the publication.
- September 15, 2020 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in the 2021 Edition of Chambers Canada
- September 09, 2020 Media Mentions Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted by Boston Business Journal Regarding IRS Memo on Daily Fantasy Sport Entry Fee Taxes
- August 05, 2020 Industry Alerts Gaming and Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 13: Canadian Gaming Association’s Standards for Cashless Wagering
- July 07, 2020 Industry Alerts Gaming and Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 12: Nevada Gaming Commission Regulatory Adoption Presents New Opportunities for Wager Funding
- May 12, 2020 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 11: Esports in the Time of Physical Distancing
- April 29, 2020 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News, Volume 12, Number 10: Canada Lifts Restrictions Against Gaming Companies’ Ability to Utilize Co-Lending Program
- April 23, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2020 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- April 21, 2020 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News Volume 12, Number 9: As Federal Aid for the Gaming Industry Lags in the US, Gaming Properties Prepare for Eventual Re-Opening
- March 27, 2020 Industry Alerts All Quiet on the Las Vegas Strip: Compliance Considerations for the COVID-19 Shutdown in Nevada