Chantal Cipriano (Associate, Toronto) recently spoke with the Law Times for an article titled “Will single-event sports betting be legalized in Ontario?” The article covers a recent request by Ontario finance minister Vic Fedeli to his federal counterpart, Bill Morneau, to amend the Criminal Code, which currently prohibits single-event sports betting across Canada. According to Chantal, the province’s already heavily regulated lottery and gaming market could ease the transition to legal single-event sports betting.
“The nuts and bolts are all there, so it would be more about tailoring that rigorous due diligence framework to apply to a new offering,” she told the publication.
- February 14, 2020 In the News Michael D. Lipton, Q.C. and Kathleen Campbell Walker Recognized in Chambers Global Guide 2020
- February 03, 2020 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 12, Number 7
- January 23, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Attorneys Author Chapters in ABA's The Law of Regulated Gambling: A Practical Guide for Business Lawyers
- December 5, 2019 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 12, Number 6
- September 23, 2019 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in the 2020 Edition of Chambers Canada
- August 21, 2019 Industry Alerts Gaming and Hospitality Legal News: Volume 12, Number 5
- July 18, 2019 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Newsletter: Volume 12, Number 4
- May 17, 2019 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 12, Number 3
- May 13 - 15, 2019 Conferences Casino eSports Conference at the 2019 ICE North America Conference