Chantal Cipriano (Associate, Toronto) recently spoke with the Law Times for an article titled “Will single-event sports betting be legalized in Ontario?” The article covers a recent request by Ontario finance minister Vic Fedeli to his federal counterpart, Bill Morneau, to amend the Criminal Code, which currently prohibits single-event sports betting across Canada. According to Chantal, the province’s already heavily regulated lottery and gaming market could ease the transition to legal single-event sports betting.
“The nuts and bolts are all there, so it would be more about tailoring that rigorous due diligence framework to apply to a new offering,” she told the publication.
- August 21, 2019 Industry Alerts Gaming and Hospitality Legal News: Volume 12, Number 5
- July 18, 2019 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Newsletter: Volume 12, Number 4
- May 17, 2019 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 12, Number 3
- May 13 - 15, 2019 Conferences Casino eSports Conference at the 2019 ICE North America Conference
- April 25, 2019 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Tops Rankings in 2019 Chambers USA Guide; 42 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- April 15, 2019 Media Mentions Kate Lowenhar-Fisher Quoted by Law360 Discussing Sports Betting
- April 2019 Media Mentions Greg Gemignani Quoted by Native Business Discussing Pearl River Resort
- March 19, 2019 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Newsletter: Volume 12, Number 2
- March 18, 2019 Media Mentions Chantal Cipriano Quoted in SBC Americas Discussing Single Bet Sports Wagering in Canada