Yuri Chumak Quoted by Global News on The Tragically Hip's Lawsuit Against Mill St. Brewery
- Chumak, Yuri
- Media Mentions
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Yuri Chumak (Partner, Toronto) was quoted by Global News for a story titled “The Hip Accuse Mill St. Brewery of Riding its Coattails and Misleading Fans.” Canadian band The Tragically Hip has alleged that Toronto's Mill St. Brewery branded and marketed its 100th Meridian Lager in a way that wrongly associated it with their image and albums, including their hit 1992 song “At the Hundredth Meridian.” Yuri believes they may have some difficulty proving significant damages, asking, “Why did [the band] wait six years and end up coming to the court so late after the trademark was registered by the brewery?” To view, click here.
- June 1, 2023 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Top Rankings in 2023 Chambers USA Guide; 43 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- May 24, 2023 In the News Flavia Campbell Named to Latino Leaders Rising Stars 2023 List
- April 19, 2023 Industry Alerts A Seller’s Guide to Navigating Intellectual Property Law on Amazon
- April 5, 2023 In the News Jeffrey Kass Joins Dickinson Wright as a Member
- March 22, 2023 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2023 Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- March 3, 2023 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Listed in the 2023 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory
- February 28, 2023 Industry Alerts Trademark Scams
- February 14, 2023 Industry Alerts Canadian Patent Infringement: The Role of Non-Infringing Options in Profit Calculations and the Availability of Springboard Profits
- January 19, 2023 Industry Alerts Good News for Creators: Canada Extends Copyright Term