Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
President Proclamation 10052 Times Out: Now What for Nonimmigrant Visa Applicants? | 总统第10052号公告到期了：非移民签证申请者现在该怎么办？
April 1, 2021 marked the beginning of consular processing at U.S. consulates and embassies throughout the world without the restrictions imposed on certain nonimmigrant visa processing under Presidential Proclamation 10052, which went into effect on June 24, 2020 during the Trump administration (PP 10052). The legal bases cited for the imposition of PP10052 were §212(f) and §215(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended (INA). The focus of the explanation for the imposition of the proclamation, however, was due to the loss of jobs in the U.S. due to the pandemic and the alleged negative impact of foreign workers on the U.S. labor market. With the sunset of PP 10052 will visa processing be restored to pre-pandemic procedures and timing for visa applications?…in short, NO.
2021年4月1日标志着美国驻世界各地的使领馆开始不受特朗普执政期间于2020年6月24日生效的第10052号总统公告（PP10052）对某些非移民签证办理的限制，征收PP10052的法律依据是经修订的《移民与国籍法》（INA）§212（f）和§215（a）。 然而，对实施该公告的解释重点是由于美国的工作岗位因流行病而流失，以及所谓的外国工人对美国劳动力市场的负面影响。 随着PP 10052公告的结束，签证处理是否会恢复到流行前的签证申请程序和时间呢......简单的回答是，NO。
迪克森律师事务所资深移民律师Kathleen Campbell Walker就此议题撰写博客对以下的一些问题提出见解:
- What were the nonimmigrant visa categories restricted from visa issuance under Proclamation 10052?
- What were the National Interest Exceptions (NIE) from the Application of PP 10052?
- So What is the Primary Benefit of the Sunset of PP 10052?
- Why Can’t Nonimmigrant Visa Processing Return to Normal Pre-Covid-19 levels?
- What Visa Services are Embassies and Consulates Beginning to Provide?
- What Presidential Proclamations Remain in Effect?
- What is the Ongoing Impact of these Three Geographical Proclamations?
- How has the March 2, 2021 DOS Guidance further restricted NIE options for those subject to the Three Geographical Proclamations?
- How can Business Travel Qualify for an NIE under the Geographic Proclamations?
- So What Does this mean to Nonimmigrant Visa Applicants?
Welcome to the Immigration Insights and Issues (III) Blog, where Dickinson Wright’s Immigration attorneys provide practical information regarding developments and issues regarding U.S. immigration law and policies affecting businesses, investors, and individuals. The goal of the blog is to provide a heads-up regarding what the immigration group is experiencing in the field, which will be useful in assessing potential challenges or future planning regarding immigration compliance and processes.
Click below link to read more articles in the Immigration Insights and Issues (III) Blog:点击链接进入移民观点和议题（III）博客，可阅读更多文章：http://immigration.dickinson-wright.com/2021/04/06/president-proclamation-10052-times-out-now-what-for-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants/
- Industry Alerts DW-China Trade Update (36th Edition) | 迪克森律所中国团队简报 (第三十六期)
- Industry Alerts DW China Trade Update (35th Edition) | 迪克森律所中国团队简报 (第三十五期)
- Industry Alerts WTO Ruling Finds U.S. in Violation of International Regulations by Imposing Section 301 Tariffs on Chinese Imports | 世贸组织裁决美国对华征收301条款关税违反国际法规
- Industry Alerts Nonimmigrant and Immigrant Visa Processing Halted by Presidential Proclamation - Effective June 24 for Certain Nonimmigrants
- Industry Alerts Pause in Immigrant Visa Processing Imposed by Presidential Proclamation - Effective April 23 for Sixty Days at Consular Posts
- Conferences 50th Annual Immigration and Naturalization Institute sponsored by the Practicing Law Institute in New York City on December 6
- August 12, 2020 Industry Alerts DW-China Update (33rd Edition) | 迪克森律所中国团队简报 (第三十三期)
- May 19, 2020 Industry Alerts DW-China Trade Update (32nd Edition) | 迪克森律所中国团队简报 (第三十二期)
- May 05, 2020 Industry Alerts President Trump Renews Threat of Tariffs Against China in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic | 特朗普总统重申对中国加征关税的威胁应对新冠疫情的大流行