- Sparks, Andrew L. .
- In the News
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Dickinson Wright PLLC is pleased to announce that Andrew L. Sparks, former Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Kentucky, has joined the firm’s Lexington office.
“We are excited to welcome Andrew Sparks to the firm’s Lexington office,” said David Owen. “Dickinson Wright is dedicated to expanding our services for businesses and their owners and executives. Andrew and Kerry Harvey, who recently joined us, have extensive experience in governmental investigations and enforcement, which strengthens our existing capabilities and expands into the health care and False Claims Act areas.”
Mr. Sparks assists clients with internal and government investigations, health care and False Claims Act matters, and commercial litigation. Before joining Dickinson Wright, he served as Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Kentucky for 15 years. Mr. Sparks served as the chief of the fraud division, where he led the unit responsible for all matters involving health care fraud, financial fraud, bank fraud, tax fraud, public corruption, cybercrime, environmental crime and civil False Claims Act cases.
As an Assistant United States Attorney, Mr. Sparks successfully tried nearly two dozen civil and criminal cases. He served as lead prosecutor on multiple multi-month criminal trials and has argued over forty cases in the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. He also served a detail at the Department of Justice’s Federal Programs Branch in Washington, D.C.
Mr. Sparks has also been an adjunct professor at the University of Kentucky College of Law, where he taught classes in litigation skills and legal writing. He has received commendations from numerous federal agencies, including the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Labor, the United States Postal Service, the United States of Bureau of Prisons, and the Internal Revenue Service. Mr. Sparks received his B.A. from Transylvania University and his J.D., with honors, from the University of Kentucky College of Law.
- November 4-5, 2021 Webinars Dickinson Wright Health Law Virtual Summit
- November 3, 2021 Webinars Protecting Software Intellectual Property in Electric and Autonomous Vehicle Technologies
- November 03, 2021 Webinars Automotive Industry Electrification: Protecting Software Intellectual Property in Electric and Autonomous Vehicle Technologies | 電気および自動運転車技術におけるソフトウェアの知的財産の保護
- October 21, 2021 Media Mentions Flavia Campbell Appointed as Member of Global Chamber Phoenix Advisory Board
- October 20, 2021 Webinars North America's Drive Towards Electrification: How East Asia Factors into the Equation
- October 20, 2021 Webinars Automotive Industry Electrification: North America's Drive Towards Electrification: How East Asia Factors into the Equation | 北米の電動化への動き: 東アジアではどうなるのか
- October 18, 2021 Blogs Key September USCIS Process Updates | 9月の米国移民局の手続きに関する主なアップデート
- October 14, 2021 Media Mentions Jeff Silver Interviewed in Nevada Newsmakers on His Career
- October 08, 2021 Industry Alerts Key September USCIS Process Updates