- Sparks, Andrew L. .
- In the News
Dickinson Wright PLLC is pleased to announce that Andrew L. Sparks, former Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Kentucky, has joined the firm’s Lexington office.
“We are excited to welcome Andrew Sparks to the firm’s Lexington office,” said David Owen. “Dickinson Wright is dedicated to expanding our services for businesses and their owners and executives. Andrew and Kerry Harvey, who recently joined us, have extensive experience in governmental investigations and enforcement, which strengthens our existing capabilities and expands into the health care and False Claims Act areas.”
Mr. Sparks assists clients with internal and government investigations, health care and False Claims Act matters, and commercial litigation. Before joining Dickinson Wright, he served as Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Kentucky for 15 years. Mr. Sparks served as the chief of the fraud division, where he led the unit responsible for all matters involving health care fraud, financial fraud, bank fraud, tax fraud, public corruption, cybercrime, environmental crime and civil False Claims Act cases.
As an Assistant United States Attorney, Mr. Sparks successfully tried nearly two dozen civil and criminal cases. He served as lead prosecutor on multiple multi-month criminal trials and has argued over forty cases in the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. He also served a detail at the Department of Justice’s Federal Programs Branch in Washington, D.C.
Mr. Sparks has also been an adjunct professor at the University of Kentucky College of Law, where he taught classes in litigation skills and legal writing. He has received commendations from numerous federal agencies, including the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Labor, the United States Postal Service, the United States of Bureau of Prisons, and the Internal Revenue Service. Mr. Sparks received his B.A. from Transylvania University and his J.D., with honors, from the University of Kentucky College of Law.
- September 19-20, 2019 Conferences NASCO Continental Reunion: Preserving the Past & Inspiring the Future
- September 17, 2019 Speaking Engagements William Honaker Authors “A Business Owner’s Guide to Intellectual Property: Turn Your Ideas Into Gold”
- September 16, 2019 In the News Andrew MacLeod Named President of the Association for Corporate Growth - Detroit Chapter
- September 16, 2019 In the News Charles Spies and Political Law Team Join Dickinson Wright PLLC
- September 2019 Media Mentions Ben Sobczak Quoted by Super Lawyers on Getting Involved in the Cannabis Industry
- September 14, 2019 Media Mentions William Honaker Published in IP Watchdog on Protecting Trade Secrets
- September 2019 Industry Alerts Ohio Enacts Sweeping Energy Legislation: HB 6 Bails Out Nuclear, Coal; Rolls Back Renewables and Energy Efficiency
- September 2019 Industry Alerts Nevada's New Privacy Bill Requires Website Operators That Collect Information About Consumers to Update Privacy Policies by October 1, 2019
- September 2019 Media Mentions Ben Bodamer Authors Column for The Columbus Dispatch on Hemp Legalization