- Sparks, Andrew L. .
- In the News
Dickinson Wright PLLC is pleased to announce that Andrew L. Sparks, former Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Kentucky, has joined the firm’s Lexington office.
“We are excited to welcome Andrew Sparks to the firm’s Lexington office,” said David Owen. “Dickinson Wright is dedicated to expanding our services for businesses and their owners and executives. Andrew and Kerry Harvey, who recently joined us, have extensive experience in governmental investigations and enforcement, which strengthens our existing capabilities and expands into the health care and False Claims Act areas.”
Mr. Sparks assists clients with internal and government investigations, health care and False Claims Act matters, and commercial litigation. Before joining Dickinson Wright, he served as Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Kentucky for 15 years. Mr. Sparks served as the chief of the fraud division, where he led the unit responsible for all matters involving health care fraud, financial fraud, bank fraud, tax fraud, public corruption, cybercrime, environmental crime and civil False Claims Act cases.
As an Assistant United States Attorney, Mr. Sparks successfully tried nearly two dozen civil and criminal cases. He served as lead prosecutor on multiple multi-month criminal trials and has argued over forty cases in the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. He also served a detail at the Department of Justice’s Federal Programs Branch in Washington, D.C.
Mr. Sparks has also been an adjunct professor at the University of Kentucky College of Law, where he taught classes in litigation skills and legal writing. He has received commendations from numerous federal agencies, including the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Labor, the United States Postal Service, the United States of Bureau of Prisons, and the Internal Revenue Service. Mr. Sparks received his B.A. from Transylvania University and his J.D., with honors, from the University of Kentucky College of Law.
- February 19, 2020 Webinars Strategies to Protect Software Technology
- February 14, 2020 In the News Michael D. Lipton, Q.C. and Kathleen Campbell Walker Recognized in Chambers Global Guide 2020
- February 14, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in the 2020 Edition of the WTR 1000
- February 12, 2020 In the News Timothy Strong Joins Dickinson Wright’s Phoenix Office
- February 12, 2020 In the News Scott A. Petz Appointed to Electronic Discovery Reference Model 2020 Global Advisory Council
- February 10, 2020 In the News Dickinson Wright Announces New Staff Paid Parental Leave Policy
- February 2020 Media Mentions Dan Ujczo Quoted by Netsuite Brainyard on Approaching Ratification of USMCA
- February 6, 2020 In the News Six Intellectual Property Attorneys Join Dickinson Wright Ann Arbor Office
- February 6, 2020 In the News Katheryne L. Zelenock Elected to the Midwest Real Estate News Commercial Real Estate Hall of Fame