- Wolfe, Emma R.
Monday, October 23, 2017
3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Emma Wolfe (Associate, Lexington) will co-present this webinar on The Defend Trade Secrets Act (DTSA).
The firm receives 30 complimentary registrations; please contact Christine Kloka for details.
The Defend Trade Secrets Act (DTSA) of 2016 has created a new federal civil cause of action for trade secret misappropriation and provided trade secret owners with the ability to request for an ex parte seizure under certain circumstances. Since its enactment in May 2016, hundreds of DTSA claims have been filed throughout the country which will undoubtedly have a profound impact on trade secret cases in 2017 and beyond. Unquestionably, US companies will continue to face an increasing threat of cyberattacks from rival companies and foreign governments and the likely targets are trade secrets and other sensitive business information. Since many US companies have overseas operations, the threat of trade secret theft is on the rise which may result to billion-dollar intellectual property (IP) theft losses.
An increase in criminal enforcement efforts is also expected as President Trump emphasizes the value he gives on IP protection. In this LIVE Webcast, a panel of distinguished professionals and thought leaders organized by The Knowledge Group will help the audience understand the recent legal trends and developments involving trade secrets and will provide a comprehensive outlook for the year ahead. The panel will also offer expert thoughts on recent litigation trends and cases and will also underscore best practices in protecting trade secrets.
Key topics include:
- Defend Trade Secrets Act: An Overview
- DTSA in the 2017 Landscape
- Trade Secret: Current Legal Trends and Developments
- Trade Secret Protection under the Trump Administration
- Ex Parte Applications
- Trade Secret and Non-Compete Law
- Impacts and Implications to Employers
- Litigation Strategies
- New Immunity for Whistleblowers
- Recent Cases and Hot Topics
- Best Compliance Practices
- Identifying Civil Remedies
- Ways to Mitigate Trade Secrets Misappropriation
- Legislative Outlook
- May 30, 2019 Webinars Global Chamber USMCA/NAFTA Update: Shifting Issues & Challenges Webinar
- May 22, 2019 Webinars Top 10 Corporate Immigration Compliance Risks Webinar
- May 22, 2019 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Listed in the 2019 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory
- May 21, 2019 Seminars Dickinson Wright to Host "Business in the Borderplex" Event in El Paso
- May 21, 2019 In the News Benton Bodamer Selected as a "40 Under 40" Honoree by Columbus Business First
- May 21, 2019 In the News Five Dickinson Wright Attorneys Listed as 2019 IP Stars
- May 17, 2019 Industry Alerts Gaming & Hospitality Legal News: Volume 12, Number 3
- May 2019 Industry Alerts The Disconnect Between Implementation of V2V Communication and the V2V Technology Employed to Achieve It
- May 16, 2019 In the News Jacqueline Lu Joins Dickinson Wright's Austin Office