Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Monday, October 23, 2017
3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Emma Wolfe (Associate, Lexington) will co-present this webinar on The Defend Trade Secrets Act (DTSA).
The firm receives 30 complimentary registrations; please contact Christine Kloka for details.
The Defend Trade Secrets Act (DTSA) of 2016 has created a new federal civil cause of action for trade secret misappropriation and provided trade secret owners with the ability to request for an ex parte seizure under certain circumstances. Since its enactment in May 2016, hundreds of DTSA claims have been filed throughout the country which will undoubtedly have a profound impact on trade secret cases in 2017 and beyond. Unquestionably, US companies will continue to face an increasing threat of cyberattacks from rival companies and foreign governments and the likely targets are trade secrets and other sensitive business information. Since many US companies have overseas operations, the threat of trade secret theft is on the rise which may result to billion-dollar intellectual property (IP) theft losses.
An increase in criminal enforcement efforts is also expected as President Trump emphasizes the value he gives on IP protection. In this LIVE Webcast, a panel of distinguished professionals and thought leaders organized by The Knowledge Group will help the audience understand the recent legal trends and developments involving trade secrets and will provide a comprehensive outlook for the year ahead. The panel will also offer expert thoughts on recent litigation trends and cases and will also underscore best practices in protecting trade secrets.
Key topics include:
- Defend Trade Secrets Act: An Overview
- DTSA in the 2017 Landscape
- Trade Secret: Current Legal Trends and Developments
- Trade Secret Protection under the Trump Administration
- Ex Parte Applications
- Trade Secret and Non-Compete Law
- Impacts and Implications to Employers
- Litigation Strategies
- New Immunity for Whistleblowers
- Recent Cases and Hot Topics
- Best Compliance Practices
- Identifying Civil Remedies
- Ways to Mitigate Trade Secrets Misappropriation
- Legislative Outlook
- Industry Alerts DW-China Trade Update (36th Edition) | 迪克森律所中国团队简报 (第三十六期)
- Industry Alerts $484 Billion Small Business Coronavirus Relief Bill Summary
- Webinars Landslide Webinar Series: Integrating Trade Secret and Patent Strategies for Coordinated Protection: Pitfalls and Opportunities
- November 3, 2021 Webinars Protecting Software Intellectual Property in Electric and Autonomous Vehicle Technologies
- November 03, 2021 Webinars Automotive Industry Electrification: Protecting Software Intellectual Property in Electric and Autonomous Vehicle Technologies | 電気および自動運転車技術におけるソフトウェアの知的財産の保護
- October 20, 2021 Webinars North America's Drive Towards Electrification: How East Asia Factors into the Equation
- October 20, 2021 Webinars Automotive Industry Electrification: North America's Drive Towards Electrification: How East Asia Factors into the Equation | 北米の電動化への動き: 東アジアではどうなるのか
- October 14, 2021 Media Mentions Jeff Silver Interviewed in Nevada Newsmakers on His Career
- October 08, 2021 Industry Alerts Key September USCIS Process Updates