Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Monday, October 23, 2017
3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Emma Wolfe (Associate, Lexington) will co-present this webinar on The Defend Trade Secrets Act (DTSA).
The firm receives 30 complimentary registrations; please contact Christine Kloka for details.
The Defend Trade Secrets Act (DTSA) of 2016 has created a new federal civil cause of action for trade secret misappropriation and provided trade secret owners with the ability to request for an ex parte seizure under certain circumstances. Since its enactment in May 2016, hundreds of DTSA claims have been filed throughout the country which will undoubtedly have a profound impact on trade secret cases in 2017 and beyond. Unquestionably, US companies will continue to face an increasing threat of cyberattacks from rival companies and foreign governments and the likely targets are trade secrets and other sensitive business information. Since many US companies have overseas operations, the threat of trade secret theft is on the rise which may result to billion-dollar intellectual property (IP) theft losses.
An increase in criminal enforcement efforts is also expected as President Trump emphasizes the value he gives on IP protection. In this LIVE Webcast, a panel of distinguished professionals and thought leaders organized by The Knowledge Group will help the audience understand the recent legal trends and developments involving trade secrets and will provide a comprehensive outlook for the year ahead. The panel will also offer expert thoughts on recent litigation trends and cases and will also underscore best practices in protecting trade secrets.
Key topics include:
- Defend Trade Secrets Act: An Overview
- DTSA in the 2017 Landscape
- Trade Secret: Current Legal Trends and Developments
- Trade Secret Protection under the Trump Administration
- Ex Parte Applications
- Trade Secret and Non-Compete Law
- Impacts and Implications to Employers
- Litigation Strategies
- New Immunity for Whistleblowers
- Recent Cases and Hot Topics
- Best Compliance Practices
- Identifying Civil Remedies
- Ways to Mitigate Trade Secrets Misappropriation
- Legislative Outlook
- Industry Alerts DW-China Trade Update (36th Edition) | 迪克森律所中国团队简报 (第三十六期)
- Industry Alerts $484 Billion Small Business Coronavirus Relief Bill Summary
- Webinars Landslide Webinar Series: Integrating Trade Secret and Patent Strategies for Coordinated Protection: Pitfalls and Opportunities
- January 26, 2023 Industry Alerts Tick Tock – Michigan Employers Are on the Earned Sick Time Clock
- January 25, 2023 In the News Caleb Green was recently featured on the KNPR live panel interview "State of Nevada"
- January 25, 2023 Articles Your Contractor Messed Up. Can you Fire Them?
- January 24, 2023 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named to 2023 Illinois Super Lawyers, One Named Rising Star
- January 23, 2023 Media Mentions Daniel Waldman was recently quoted in The Lawyer's Daily article, "Top 10 business decisions of the past year, part two."
- January 20, 2023 Industry Alerts Federal Trade Commission Proposes Rule to Ban Non-Compete Clauses | 連邦取引委員会による競業避止条項の禁止に関する規則の提案