The Westin Downtown Denver, Denver, Colorado
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS) - Summer Meeting
Friday - Sunday, June 9 - 11, 2017
The Westin Denver Downtown in Denver, CO
Bob Stocker (Member & Gaming Practice Leader, Lansing) will be a speaker on Saturday, June 10th from
10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. a.m. The Summer Meeting agenda includes legislative committee sessions on Responsible
Gaming, Pari-Mutuels, Lotteries, State-Federal Relations, and Casinos, as well as general sessions that
examine sports betting, retail gaming, and new/emerging forms of gambling.
Bob 's session: June 10th, 2017 from 10 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Panel Discussion
The New Frontier: Emerging Forms of Gambling
Legislators, regulators, operators and consumers are facing a fast-growing array of gaming choices, from
daily fantasy sports to skill-based machines to virtual reality gaming. But determining what is already legal
within a state’s framework – and how to regulate it – can be tricky. Even determining when an activity is
simply “gaming” vs. “gambling” is open to legal debate when considering the traditional elements of prize,
chance and consideration. Gaming attorneys and regulators provide their insights based on state law,
court decisions and legal opinion. Click here for more information.
- September 28, 2023 Webinars Dickinson Wright Health Care Webinar Series
- September 28, 2023 In the News Three Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in the 2024 Edition of Chambers Canada
- September 28, 2023 In the News Matthew Powell and Michael Spink Listed in the 2023 Edition of the IAM Strategy 300
- September 28, 2023 In the News Alexandria Chun Joins Dickinson Wright Toronto Office
- September 26, 2023 Media Mentions Check out Kathleen Campbell Walker’s recent mention in the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) article, “How to Document Remote Verification of I-9s.”
- September 26, 2023 Industry Alerts Plugged In: An EV Newsletter Volume 1 No. 7
- September 26, 2023 Industry Alerts Lloyd Pierre-Louis and Sharaé Williams recently participated with the Midwest Black Law Student Association's 2023 Academic and Leadership Retreat.
- September 25, 2023 Media Mentions Check out Sara Jodka’s recent mention in the Business Insurance article, “More lawsuits likely in data breaches where no harm’s alleged.”
- September 22, 2023 Industry Alerts Congratulations to John Krieger recognized at the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Nevada’s annual gala on August 24, 2023