The Westin Downtown Denver, Denver, Colorado
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS) - Summer Meeting
Friday - Sunday, June 9 - 11, 2017
The Westin Denver Downtown in Denver, CO
Bob Stocker (Member & Gaming Practice Leader, Lansing) will be a speaker on Saturday, June 10th from
10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. a.m. The Summer Meeting agenda includes legislative committee sessions on Responsible
Gaming, Pari-Mutuels, Lotteries, State-Federal Relations, and Casinos, as well as general sessions that
examine sports betting, retail gaming, and new/emerging forms of gambling.
Bob 's session: June 10th, 2017 from 10 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Panel Discussion
The New Frontier: Emerging Forms of Gambling
Legislators, regulators, operators and consumers are facing a fast-growing array of gaming choices, from
daily fantasy sports to skill-based machines to virtual reality gaming. But determining what is already legal
within a state’s framework – and how to regulate it – can be tricky. Even determining when an activity is
simply “gaming” vs. “gambling” is open to legal debate when considering the traditional elements of prize,
chance and consideration. Gaming attorneys and regulators provide their insights based on state law,
court decisions and legal opinion. Click here for more information.
- September 30, 2022 In the News Benjamin Sobczak Elected to State Bar of Michigan’s Cannabis Law Section Council
- September 30, 2022 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Lawyers Recognized in the 2023 Edition of Chambers Canada
- September 27, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in Benchmark Litigation Labor & Employment 2022 Edition
- September 26, 2022 Blogs 移民局、コロナ禍の署名方針を恒久化へ | USCIS Makes Covid-19 Signature Policy Permanent
- September 26, 2022 Industry Alerts TTAB's Precedential Opinion in In re County of Orange Affirms Refusal of Registering Orange County's Unofficial Insignia
- September 23, 2022 In the News Caleb Green Recognized by the Washington Bar Association and National Bar Association as a 2022 Power 100 Honoree
- September 23, 2022 In the News Seven Dickinson Wright Attorneys Named 2022 Texas Super Lawyers
- September 21, 2022 Media Mentions Andrew Dorisio was recently quoted in the Business Lexington article, "Protecting your IP in the digital age,"
- September 19, 2022 In the News James Stranges Joins Dickinson Wright Toronto Office as a Partner