The Westin Downtown Denver, Denver, Colorado
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS) - Summer Meeting
Friday - Sunday, June 9 - 11, 2017
The Westin Denver Downtown in Denver, CO
Bob Stocker (Member & Gaming Practice Leader, Lansing) will be a speaker on Saturday, June 10th from
10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. a.m. The Summer Meeting agenda includes legislative committee sessions on Responsible
Gaming, Pari-Mutuels, Lotteries, State-Federal Relations, and Casinos, as well as general sessions that
examine sports betting, retail gaming, and new/emerging forms of gambling.
Bob 's session: June 10th, 2017 from 10 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Panel Discussion
The New Frontier: Emerging Forms of Gambling
Legislators, regulators, operators and consumers are facing a fast-growing array of gaming choices, from
daily fantasy sports to skill-based machines to virtual reality gaming. But determining what is already legal
within a state’s framework – and how to regulate it – can be tricky. Even determining when an activity is
simply “gaming” vs. “gambling” is open to legal debate when considering the traditional elements of prize,
chance and consideration. Gaming attorneys and regulators provide their insights based on state law,
court decisions and legal opinion. Click here for more information.
- May 25, 2022 Media Mentions Paul Bain Interviewed by Canadian Lawyer Magazine on His New Art Law Book
- May 23, 2022 In the News Dickinson Wright Welcomes Its Summer Class of 2022
- May 18, 2022 Industry Alerts UPDATE: FEC Candidate Loan Repayment Limitation Ruled Unconstitutional in Supreme Court Decision
- May 16, 2022 Media Mentions Kris Beecher Quoted by AZ Central on Tribal Voters
- May 13, 2022 In the News Aaron Burrell Named a “2022 40 Under 40” Honoree by Michigan Chronicle
- May 11, 2022 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted by 10 WBNS on Ohio's New Overtime Law
- May 09, 2022 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Quoted in Law360 on Tips for Helping Workers Navigate Mental Health Challenges
- May 09, 2022 Industry Alerts Operators, Start Your Engines; But Beware of Sanctions
- May 04, 2022 Media Mentions Jonathan Baker Recognized by the Daily Journal as 2022 "Top Intellectual Property Lawyer"