The Westin Downtown Denver, Denver, Colorado
National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS) - Summer Meeting
Friday - Sunday, June 9 - 11, 2017
The Westin Denver Downtown in Denver, CO
Bob Stocker (Member & Gaming Practice Leader, Lansing) will be a speaker on Saturday, June 10th from
10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. a.m. The Summer Meeting agenda includes legislative committee sessions on Responsible
Gaming, Pari-Mutuels, Lotteries, State-Federal Relations, and Casinos, as well as general sessions that
examine sports betting, retail gaming, and new/emerging forms of gambling.
Bob 's session: June 10th, 2017 from 10 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Panel Discussion
The New Frontier: Emerging Forms of Gambling
Legislators, regulators, operators and consumers are facing a fast-growing array of gaming choices, from
daily fantasy sports to skill-based machines to virtual reality gaming. But determining what is already legal
within a state’s framework – and how to regulate it – can be tricky. Even determining when an activity is
simply “gaming” vs. “gambling” is open to legal debate when considering the traditional elements of prize,
chance and consideration. Gaming attorneys and regulators provide their insights based on state law,
court decisions and legal opinion. Click here for more information.
- February 3, 2021 Webinars It's Not too Late to Ask for Help: Options for Owners as the Pandemic (Hopefully) Winds Down
- February 2, 2021 Webinars CUSBA Presents 9th Annual Cross-Border Economic Forecast
- January 27, 2021 In the News Ned Levitt Presents at Canada Franchise Association's "Virtual Franchise Canada Show Toronto"
- January 26, 2021 Media Mentions Sara Jodka Publishes Article on Employer COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements in Healthcare Michigan
- January 26, 2021 Industry Alerts Nevada Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Dickinson Wright Client, Applying the “Savings Clause” in Enforcing Non-Competition Agreements
- January 25, 2021 Industry Alerts An Exception to the Rule: New Provisions Regarding Where Personal Property Is To Be Assessed This Tax Season in Michigan
- January 22, 2021 Media Mentions Jeffrey Silver, Gregory Gemignani, and Patrick Sullivan Quoted on Biden Administration Predictions
- January 21, 2021 Webinars Back to the Future: Biden’s Plans for Environmental Regulation and How it Affects Your Business
- January 20, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Assists Molded Devices Inc. in its acquisition of Phoenix Manufacturing Ltd.