The Westin Downtown Denver, Denver, Colorado
National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS) - Summer Meeting
Friday - Sunday, June 9 - 11, 2017
The Westin Denver Downtown in Denver, CO
Bob Stocker (Member & Gaming Practice Leader, Lansing) will be a speaker on Saturday, June 10th from
10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. a.m. The Summer Meeting agenda includes legislative committee sessions on Responsible
Gaming, Pari-Mutuels, Lotteries, State-Federal Relations, and Casinos, as well as general sessions that
examine sports betting, retail gaming, and new/emerging forms of gambling.
Bob 's session: June 10th, 2017 from 10 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Panel Discussion
The New Frontier: Emerging Forms of Gambling
Legislators, regulators, operators and consumers are facing a fast-growing array of gaming choices, from
daily fantasy sports to skill-based machines to virtual reality gaming. But determining what is already legal
within a state’s framework – and how to regulate it – can be tricky. Even determining when an activity is
simply “gaming” vs. “gambling” is open to legal debate when considering the traditional elements of prize,
chance and consideration. Gaming attorneys and regulators provide their insights based on state law,
court decisions and legal opinion. Click here for more information.
- October 25, 2018 Seminars Dickinson Wright to Host Sunrise Seminar on "The Top 10 Insider Tips for Operating a Gold Standard 401(k) and 403(b) Retirement Plan"
- October 18, 2018 In the News Intellectual Property Attorney Joseph Pytel, Jr. Joins Dickinson Wright’s Troy Office
- October 17, 2018 Articles U.S. Ban for Canadian Cannabis Workers?
- October 16, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in Benchmark Litigation 2019
- October 15, 2018 Media Mentions Attorney Dan Ujczo Interviewed on CBC Regarding the USMCA
- October 12, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Ted Citrome Quoted in Lexpert Article on "Canadian Firms at Risk for US Taxes"
- October 12, 2018 Industry Alerts UPDATE: US Issues New Guidance for Canadian Travelers Involved in Legal Cannabis Industry
- October 12, 2018 Media Mentions Lawyer Kathleen Campbell Walker Quoted in Law 360 Article “TN Visas Survive Trade Deal, But Challenges May Remain”
- October 10, 2018 In the News Dickinson Wright's Employment Practice Recognized on the Phoenix Business Journal Law Practices List