- Williams, Sharae' L.
Patents and trade secrets are to a large extent mutually exclusive. Wise business executives need to strategize as to which form they choose to protect their intellectual property. To maximize intellectual property coverage, it is frequently desirable to patent certain aspects of a technology, while retaining trade secret status for other aspects. Yet, the coordination and integration of patent and trade secret rights must be done very carefully to ensure one form of protection does not destroy the other.
A panel of IP experts will not only explore recent developments and legal underpinnings relevant to the selection and integration of patent and trade secret rights, but also provide tips and tactics for coordinating patent and trade secret strategies to maximize protection and value. They will also cover the risks associated with overlapping patent and trade secret rights and highlight potential pitfalls you need to consider in your day-to-day practice.
- Sharae' Williams - Dickinson Wright PLLC
- R. Mark Halligan - FisherBroyles
- Klaus Hamm - Klarquist
- Pejman Sharifi - Winston Strawn LLP
- Webinars The Defend Trade Secrets Act (DTSA): 2017 Litigation Trends, Updates and Developments Webinar on October 23, 2017
- Articles Managing Today's Innovation in Healthcare: the Modern IP Strategy
- August 06, 2020 Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Final Deadline Extension Ends August 21, 2020*
- August 6, 2020 Media Mentions John Krieger Quoted in IP Law News Article on Copyright Infringement
- July 27, 2020 Media Mentions John Krieger Quoted in Managing IP Article on Counterfeits
- July 16, 2020 Media Mentions Jennifer Ko Craft Quoted in Managing IP Article on "Four Ways IP Lawyers Can Make Stars Shine in Court"
- July 08, 2020 Industry Alerts Black Lives Matter Murals: Intellectual Property vs. Real Property Rights
- July 2020 Industry Alerts CIPO Pandemic Response: Update July 6, 2020*
- June 22, 2020 Industry Alerts Trademark Applications Covering COVID-19 Related Goods and Services Can Skip the Line