- Williams, Sharae' L.
Patents and trade secrets are to a large extent mutually exclusive. Wise business executives need to strategize as to which form they choose to protect their intellectual property. To maximize intellectual property coverage, it is frequently desirable to patent certain aspects of a technology, while retaining trade secret status for other aspects. Yet, the coordination and integration of patent and trade secret rights must be done very carefully to ensure one form of protection does not destroy the other.
A panel of IP experts will not only explore recent developments and legal underpinnings relevant to the selection and integration of patent and trade secret rights, but also provide tips and tactics for coordinating patent and trade secret strategies to maximize protection and value. They will also cover the risks associated with overlapping patent and trade secret rights and highlight potential pitfalls you need to consider in your day-to-day practice.
- Sharae' Williams - Dickinson Wright PLLC
- R. Mark Halligan - FisherBroyles
- Klaus Hamm - Klarquist
- Pejman Sharifi - Winston Strawn LLP
- July 9, 2019 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2019 Northern California Super Lawyers
- June 2019 Industry Alerts Why the U.S. Supreme Court’s Decision to Allow Federal Registration of FUCT Impacts Every Day Businesses
- June 4, 2019 In the News Intellectual Property Lawyers Scott McBain and Paul Rodriguez Join Dickinson Wright’s Troy Office
- June 3, 2019 In the News John Krieger Named to National Law Journal's 2019 Technology Law Trailblazers List
- May 28, 2019 Industry Alerts John L. Krieger Published in Intellectual Property Magazine on Sports Wagering
- May 25, 2019 Media Mentions William Honaker Pens Article for IPWatchdog on Trademark Retention
- May 21, 2019 In the News Six Dickinson Wright Attorneys Listed as 2019 IP Stars
- April 25, 2019 In the News Dickinson Wright Receives Tops Rankings in 2019 Chambers USA Guide; 42 Attorneys Recognized as Leaders in their Fields
- April 2019 Industry Alerts How to Avoid Copyright Infringement of Online Image