- Williams, Sharaé L.
Click “Subscribe Now” to get attorney insights on the latest developments in a range of services and industries.
Patents and trade secrets are to a large extent mutually exclusive. Wise business executives need to strategize as to which form they choose to protect their intellectual property. To maximize intellectual property coverage, it is frequently desirable to patent certain aspects of a technology, while retaining trade secret status for other aspects. Yet, the coordination and integration of patent and trade secret rights must be done very carefully to ensure one form of protection does not destroy the other.
A panel of IP experts will not only explore recent developments and legal underpinnings relevant to the selection and integration of patent and trade secret rights, but also provide tips and tactics for coordinating patent and trade secret strategies to maximize protection and value. They will also cover the risks associated with overlapping patent and trade secret rights and highlight potential pitfalls you need to consider in your day-to-day practice.
- Sharae' Williams - Dickinson Wright PLLC
- R. Mark Halligan - FisherBroyles
- Klaus Hamm - Klarquist
- Pejman Sharifi - Winston Strawn LLP
- Webinars The Defend Trade Secrets Act (DTSA): 2017 Litigation Trends, Updates and Developments Webinar on October 23, 2017
- Articles Managing Today's Innovation in Healthcare: the Modern IP Strategy
- July 19, 2021 Media Mentions Dickinson Wright Featured in Law360 on New IP Lawyers
- July 15, 2021 In the News Jennifer Ko Craft Named to The American Lawyer’s 2021 West Trailblazers List
- July 8, 2021 In the News Dickinson Wright Ranked in the 2021 Edition of the IAM Patent 1000
- July 6, 2021 In the News Christopher Hanba and Joshua Jones Join Dickinson Wright Austin Office
- July 1, 2021 In the News Ten Dickinson Wright Attorneys Listed as 2021 IP Stars
- June 28, 2021 Industry Alerts United States V. Arthrex: Inter Partes Review Decisions Now Reviewable by the PTO Director
- June 25, 2021 In the News Andrew Dorisio and Nick Coleman Bring Their Patent, Trademark and Copyright Practice to Dickinson Wright’s Kentucky Office