- Williams, Sharae' L.
Patents and trade secrets are to a large extent mutually exclusive. Wise business executives need to strategize as to which form they choose to protect their intellectual property. To maximize intellectual property coverage, it is frequently desirable to patent certain aspects of a technology, while retaining trade secret status for other aspects. Yet, the coordination and integration of patent and trade secret rights must be done very carefully to ensure one form of protection does not destroy the other.
A panel of IP experts will not only explore recent developments and legal underpinnings relevant to the selection and integration of patent and trade secret rights, but also provide tips and tactics for coordinating patent and trade secret strategies to maximize protection and value. They will also cover the risks associated with overlapping patent and trade secret rights and highlight potential pitfalls you need to consider in your day-to-day practice.
- Sharae' Williams - Dickinson Wright PLLC
- R. Mark Halligan - FisherBroyles
- Klaus Hamm - Klarquist
- Pejman Sharifi - Winston Strawn LLP
- November 12, 2019 In the News Matthew Powell Joins Dickinson Wright LLP
- November 11, 2019 In the News Shauna Norton Joins Dickinson Wright's Las Vegas Office
- November 6, 2019 In the News Frank Long Selected by The IP Lawyers as a Recommended Adviser
- October 2019 Media Mentions John Krieger Quoted in Bloomberg Law on Hamilton Exhibit Copyright Case
- September 17, 2019 Speaking Engagements William Honaker Authors “A Business Owner’s Guide to Intellectual Property: Turn Your Ideas Into Gold”
- September 14, 2019 Media Mentions William Honaker Published in IP Watchdog on Protecting Trade Secrets
- July 9, 2019 In the News Two Dickinson Wright Attorneys Recognized in 2019 Northern California Super Lawyers
- June 2019 Industry Alerts Why the U.S. Supreme Court’s Decision to Allow Federal Registration of FUCT Impacts Every Day Businesses
- June 4, 2019 In the News Intellectual Property Lawyers Scott McBain and Paul Rodriguez Join Dickinson Wright’s Troy Office