The gaming industry faces a myriad of complex issues. Therefore, casinos, casino developers and others involved in the gaming industry require a legal team with the knowledge and experience to provide a full-service solution.
Dickinson Wright boasts a team of lawyers with diverse specialties that cover the entire spectrum of today's commercial and Indian gaming industries, both nationally and internationally.
The gaming practice’s areas of expertise include:
- Assisting commercial casino developers by obtaining gaming licenses; obtaining approval of state constitution amendments and gaming legislation and providing counsel in support of the financing, construction and operation of casinos.
- Working with the tribal gaming industry by negotiating tribal/state Indian gaming compacts and tribal/municipality casino development agreements; representing tribal interests nationwide and guiding developers and vendors in the intricacies of tribal sovereign nation contracting.
- Representing gaming equipment manufacturers on a complex array of regulatory issues.
- Defending the industry in state and federal courts in patron, labor and environmental disputes and prosecuting patent protections.
- Providing advice in the complex field of Internet gaming.