Experienced in the following areas:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Federal, international, and state and local taxation
- Limited liability companies
- Partnerships and Subchapter S Corporations
- Corporate restructuring and reorganizations
- General corporate tax planning
- Joint venture structuring
- Organization and capitalization of business entities, and private equity funds
- Business succession planning
- R&D Tax Credit matters
Counsel to private equity firms in acquisition, divestiture and financing of portfolio companies as well as portfolio company counsel as to ongoing legal affairs and in relation to numerous "add-on" acquisitions.
Counsel to various publicly and privately owned companies in numerous merger and acquisition transactions, including LBO's, MBO's, recapitalization and divestiture transactions.
Outside counsel to UMA Enterprises, Inc. Active Interest Media, Inc., InterMedia Outdoors, Inc., Knape & Vogt Manufacturing Company and numerous portfolio companies of private equity firms.
Counsel to organizers in the structuring and capitalization of limited liability companies and other business entities.
Counsel to numerous entities in relation to contract and general corporate matters with a focus on tax planning.
Counsel to clients in audit and tax controversy matters, including acting as counsel to TG Missouri in TG Missouri Corp. v. Commissioner, 133 TC 13 (2009).