- Defended a major educational institution against a $19 million construction claim in arbitration, resulting in an award of no liability.
- Represented a major insurance company in a $100 million coverage dispute under a fidelity/employee dishonesty policy.
- Successfully represented an automotive manufacturer in defense of a multi-million dollar “cumulative impact” claim asserted by a general contractor for renovation of a facility.
- Successfully prosecuted a million dollar construction delay claim against MDOT involving bridge work over the I-96 expressway.
- Obtained multi-million dollar award in behalf of an earthwork contractor on changed conditions delay and cumulative impact claims.
- Represented owners and developers in drafting and negotiating construction contracts, real estate purchases, Brownfield issues and defending complex construction claims.
- Successfully represented a national design-builder against claims of negligent design and defective construction.
- Obtained summary judgment as lead counsel for a national sales company defending against claims of copyright infringement and Lanham Act violations and successfully defended all appeals up to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Represented several large real estate companies, brokers and agents in complex real estate matters, including claims of fraud, misrepresentation and mortgage fraud.
- Represented business and private owners in real estate matters, including adverse possession, zoning issues, restrictive covenants, variances, boundary disputes, title issues and nuisance claims.
- Represented national and local construction companies in construction disputes, including lien and bond claims, delays, scheduling, cost escalation, differing site conditions, defective design, cardinal change, extras, and cumulative impact claims.
- Represented corporations in business disputes, including breach of contract, tortuous interference, fraud, non-compete provisions, shareholder claims and buy-sell agreements.
- Represented construction companies in claims involving Departments of Transportation throughout the country.
- Represented a national credit card issuer against claims of violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Truth in Lending Act and Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law Act.
City of Grosse Pointe Farms
Discover Financial Services
Ford Motor Company
Hospital Building & Equipment, Inc.
Osirius Global Services
Turner Construction Company
Walter Toebe Construction Company
Zurich Insurance Company
The University of Michigan
- American Bar Association ABA Forum on the Construction Industry
- Federal Bar Association
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Grosse Pointe Farms - City Little League Board of Directors
- Toys for Tots Sponsoring Member - Grosse Pointe
- Construction Defect Litigation: From A to Z, National Business Institute (April 2013)
- Introducing Evidence at Trial (ICLE) 2007; contributing author
- A Practitioner's Guide to Construction Law (John G. Cameron, Jr. 2008); Chapter author (Analysis of AIA A201 - 2007)
- Construction Law Forum (October 2008) - moderator
- The Wonderful World of Construction Law (November 2010); Ali-Aba webcast panelist