Healthcare is one of the most highly regulated industries, making it particularly important for those in the industry to have the support of counsel experienced in avoiding risk, anticipating legislative, regulatory and licensure changes, and alternative dispute resolution. Dickinson Wright healthcare lawyers offer our clients responsive and proactive advice, and have experience in all aspects of regulatory compliance, transactional, operational, reimbursement and risk management.
Our clients include all types of practitioners (including MDs, DOs., DDS, Pas, RNs and PhDs) and all sizes of practice groups, as well as ambulatory surgery centers, clinics, dialysis facilities and suppliers, home health care providers, assisted living facilities, group purchasing organizations, providers of physical therapy and rehabilitation services, social service agencies, and other types of providers and suppliers in the healthcare industry.
In addition to offering responsive and proactive advice, our healthcare attorneys also represent clients in government investigations and audits, appear before regulatory and licensing bodies, negotiating acquisitions, sales, mergers and financing arrangements, and defend their interests in court at all levels.
Our areas of healthcare expertise include:
- Navigating through the myriad state and federal laws, regulatory, licensure, credentialing and compliance requirements, including disclosure and reporting obligations.
- Establishing, implementing and enforcing HIPAA privacy and security, and addressing HITECH and other healthcare IT issues.
- Conducting internal audits, investigations and compliance assessments.
- Advising on the impact of the changing reimbursement landscape for services and products.
- Negotiating and drafting contracts for services with providers and payors, and manufacturing, distribution, supply and other vendor/supplier agreements.
- Offering counsel on all aspects of managed care, preferred provider and Medicare Part D.
- Complying with the requirements for provider and supplier certification, licensure and accreditation.
- Advising on business combinations and affiliations, such as mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, collaborative arrangements, strategic alliances, restructurings, research studies, and other business agreements, including negotiating and drafting all transactional documentation.
- Handling leases, employment agreements, compensation arrangements, noncompete agreements, and other arrangements with practitioners, referring parties and others.